• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

The SVT Turbo was a cool car. Slow and kinda sucked, but still a cool car. ;) This is just the new iteration. Plus hard to complain when your option is a well over 400hp 5 liter. Still an awesome car for the money.

1280px-1986_Mustang_SVO.JPG

The SVO had to be competition for entry level European cars, It was spec out well, it just should have been a different model (NOT MUSTANG).

The SVO had to be competition for entry level European cars, It was spec out well, it just should have been a different model (NOT MUSTANG).

Those SVOs were cool when they ditches the 4cyl and folks put 5.0 motors in them.

Those SVOs were cool when they ditches the 4cyl and folks put 5.0 motors in them.

Actually..., the SHO 3 liter sequential multiport Yamaha v-6 would be the perfect swap for the SVO. With the 400 hp supercharger upgrade of course.

It was. They wound up using that turbo 4 in the Thunderbird.

Actually..., the SHO 3 liter sequential multiport Yamaha v-6 would be the perfect swap for the SVO. With the 400 hp supercharger upgrade of course.

My buddy had a SHO Tortise back in the day. Pretty fast car for its time.

The SVT Turbo was a cool car. Slow and kinda sucked, but still a cool car. ;) This is just the new iteration. Plus hard to complain when your option is a well over 400hp 5 liter. Still an awesome car for the money.[/IMG]

I had one as well as a 91 5.0 notch and I thought the SVO was a better car. They had awesome seats, the pedals were in the right place (had better setup for heal-toe driving), better suspension, 4 wheel discs, better shifter (the 5.0 shifter was awful). The car fixed a lot of the problems with the mustang.

The engine wasn't bad, with a few cheap upgrades it made well over 200 hp which was good for the time and the 2.3 was very reliable. The 5.0 was a better engine though.

I guess I'm just a purist then. 4-cylinder engines don't belong in Mustangs. Remember the backlash Ford got when they almost manufactured what became the Probe as the Mustang? :|

When the Mekurs first cam around I really wanted one. My sister then came up with eXperimental Racer 4 Total idiots..

Back