• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Cars that make your jaw drop.

:drool

Attachments

• trucks%26rods 348.jpg
    trucks%26rods 348.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 97
I had one as well as a 91 5.0 notch and I thought the SVO was a better car. They had awesome seats, the pedals were in the right place (had better setup for heal-toe driving), better suspension, 4 wheel discs, better shifter (the 5.0 shifter was awful). The car fixed a lot of the problems with the mustang.

Yep, Mustang interiors were garbage until the 21st century. The shifter was too far away, throws too long, and it vibrated a lot. The gears were spaced too widely. The pedals and overall driving position were garbage, like you said. Plus there was so much drivetrain lash, or whatever it's called, when you let off the gas and then get back on it. And then there was the suspension.....the rear axle felt like a pickup truck over midcorner bumps, kicking you off line.

Last edited:
Yep, Mustang interiors were garbage until the 21st century. The shifter was too far away, throws too long, and it vibrated a lot. The gears were spaced too widely. The pedals and overall driving position were garbage, like you said. Plus there was so much drivetrain lash, or whatever it's called, when you let off the gas and then get back on it. And then there was the suspension.....the rear axle felt like a pickup truck over midcorner bumps, kicking you off line.

Yet, the Boss and Shebly are faster than M3's and ZL1's with their silly stick axels and tiny tires. :laughing

He owns Minute Muffler in Dublin.

Pretty sure that guy fixed a header in my '69 Mustang. Dad put a hole in it using a air saw trying to notch the shower tower reinforcer plate. Tiny hole, 4 shops said they couldnt. I told scott about the 4 shops and he gave me the 'watch this kid' look :laughing.

You would hope so, since it has 82 more hp.

Stick axel vs IRS, front 275 and 285 rear Tires vs 305 on all four, Smaller motor 5.8 vs 6.2, gas shocks vs state of the art magnetic ride, yeah that 82hp makes a huge differance when turning haha.

Last edited:

That's why I own a miata, rx7 and civic now after years of mustangs/camaros.. but yeah the ergos on the domestic muscle cars were just shit. It was like no one put any thought into how the car would feel when being driven. They most often were faster than anything in their price range, but just not as fun to drive around every day.

Stick axel vs IRS, front 275 and 285 rear Tires vs 305 on all four, Smaller motor 5.8 vs 6.2, gas shocks vs state of the art magnetic ride, yeah that 82hp makes a huge differance when turning haha.

An admittedly quick and shallow google search seems to indicate that the GT500 is 300lbs lighter than the ZL1 (a porker to be sure). That weight advantage + the added hp would be a significant contributor to that time.

Now..the same google search shows that the lesser hp Z28 has a better time than the GT500.

An admittedly quick and shallow google search seems to indicate that the GT500 is 300lbs lighter than the ZL1 (a porker to be sure). That weight advantage + the added hp would be a significant contributor to that time.

Now..the same google search shows that the lesser hp Z28 has a better time than the GT500.

Put the same driver in all 3 cars.

Back