• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

i haven't ridden my bike in about a year but i'd go on some barf rides. singletrack it great. i like to get all the climbing out of the way early so its all downhill. sucks to have a great pace interrupted by some uphill pedaling...

davidholcomb: Thanks for the offer! I'll def. be hitting you up for some scholarly advice and tips!

I would like to go for a ride, but do I have to wear those tight spandex?
I require all the men I ride with to wear spandex...strictly for saftey, of course! ;)

Anyone up for China Camp Sunday, late afternoon? Thinking of going after the AFM races...I'll send out an email

DVS DEA said:
they make mountain shorts w/ padding, very good investment and they make my Nutz feel good :smile :teeeth

Agreed. I wear the baggies, but they have spandex inside. I am not into the encased bananna look either..
:thumbup

Here is just two pics from downieville this weekend...awesome trail but man i might rent a bike next time...it was rough as hell even on my enduro...beat me up =).

My brother got a flat here...thats my bright yellow bike chillen.

1199708-img_0543.jpg

Other friend Josh that went with us goen down the trail.

1199709-img_0546.jpg

I usually just go commando with baggy shorts, so the boyz can dangle and breathe. Otherwise they get sweaty and salty. :shhh

so whats up with the ride this weekend at skeggs? doing china camp this weekend... but open to ride saturday.

teapotter??

Ride Sunday 8/8

I sent out an email to everyone on my list.

In case I missed you, next ride is planned for this coming Sunday after the AFM races.

Time: 6:30PM
Place:China Camp

Let me know if you are going so we don't leave without you if you show up late! ;)

MassiveAttack said:
so whats up with the ride this weekend at skeggs? doing china camp this weekend... but open to ride saturday.

teapotter??

Wellllllll, you are the only one who has *truly* shown interest. Lets see who else pipes up. I am definitely riding, but I am not sure exactly when/where....

Last edited:
Re: Ride Sunday 8/8

WickedWahine said:
I sent out an email to everyone on my list.

Thanks for the e-mail. I wont be able to make it this weekend.:x You guys have fun:teeth

Holy Crap!!!! :wow :wow First time out mountain biking today, and I saw a freakin mountain lion!!!!!
Was going down a trail off Skyline (parking lot where that "City of Palo Alto" sign is, but on the Santa Cruz side, about 1 mile down that trail).

Came around a corner, and about 50ft ahead of me, I see this large tan cat jump off the trail and into the brush. :wow
Was probably about 3.5-4ft long, and only saw it for a second. But it was enough to start me pedaling the other way pretty quick. :blush

Wolf said:
Holy Crap!!!! :wow :wow First time out mountain biking today, and I saw a freakin mountain lion!!!!!
Was going down a trail off Skyline (parking lot where that "City of Palo Alto" sign is, but on the Santa Cruz side, about 1 mile down that trail).

Came around a corner, and about 50ft ahead of me, I see this large tan cat jump off the trail and into the brush. :wow
Was probably about 3.5-4ft long, and only saw it for a second. But it was enough to start me pedaling the other way pretty quick. :blush

HAHAHA same thing happened to me in Palo Alto. Shits kind of creppy huh?

How big was the lion you saw... usually if they're small they're not much danger to you. probably more afraid of you. but if you ever see one this big... get ready to fight.

1205188-bigmofolion_1_.jpg

:wow Nah, not that big. Maybe 4ft long at the most. Went to the CDF station and reported it.

Back