• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

too bad your a midget joe,
when ya going riding? I want to see if people are up for UCSC, i have never been there and need a new place to crash my bike.

bishop said:
too bad your a midget joe,
when ya going riding? I want to see if people are up for UCSC, i have never been there and need a new place to crash my bike.
I might be verticrey charranged :wtf but I'm not a damn midget. :twofinger
I'm so busy with work I don't know when I'll get a chance but when I do I'll let you guys know. On the btight side, I did get 40+ miles on the rent stealer (Nomad) last week. :thumnup

Harpo said:
I might be verticrey charranged :wtf but I'm not a damn midget. :twofinger
I'm so busy with work I don't know when I'll get a chance but when I do I'll let you guys know. On the btight side, I did get 40+ miles on the rent stealer (Nomad) last week. :thumnup

How much does the Nomad weigh? Now i'm gonna have to get one.

zookrider98 said:
How much does the Nomad weigh? Now i'm gonna have to get one.
With these heavey ASS pedals (which weigh 2.5 pounds) the total weight of the bike is about 29.5 pounds. Wish I could find a set of pedals that were as sweet as these but weighed a lot less.

2854946-pedals.jpg

Just got off the phone with Maverick in Colorado. I had the fork sent back to them last week and they are pulling it apart and completely tuning it to my weight and riding style. Yippeeeee!! God I can't wait to get it back. :teeth

Gotta have platforms!

Has anyone used / have an opinion about the Crank Bros pedals???

They are rather annoying, one foot will float more than the other all the time, the way the bars are odds are you are not goin to line up both feet on the same bar so one foot is going to flot more than the other, then if they get dirty, they will float even less.
and add on to that when they get dirty they squeek, its rather annoying.

i used them for about 3 weeks till i just could not do it anymore.

I just did water dog today. it was fun but short
anyone want to go ride china camp on tues? i have never been, but am up for a good crash or two.

I just did Slammin Balls (aka Salmon Falls) at Lake Folson, mixing it up with Mickey and Minnie Mouse. 13.91 miles with 2445 feet of climbing, with some mega-technical downhill in the middle!

If I didn't work on Tuesday, I'd be happy to do China Camp. It was my regular ride before I bought an annual pass at Tamarancho. The singletrack at Tamarancho - while still technical in many spots - just has better flow to it. With some tough DH chutes on "the backside" at China Camp, I figure it's just a matter of time before I hurt myself.

- Mike

It's winter: Time for maintenance

Weather has been pretty good for riding, but it's time for maintenance and upgrades.
I'm currently out of projects, so if anyone needs work, please bring it by.
It's free!!
And if we time it right we can follow it up with a ride. This is cool when sorting suspension.

It's just like being a pro! (getting your own mechanic to follow you around)

Only we're fatter and slower:p

Shoot me a PM sombody

Hey guys, got a questions for y'all.

I want to try a single speed, and was wondering if any of you guys know of a place in the area that rents/demos them.

I know i would not use one enough to convince my head that it is worth while but i do want to try it.

thanks for any info

bishop said:
Hey guys, got a questions for y'all.

I want to try a single speed, and was wondering if any of you guys know of a place in the area that rents/demos them.

I know i would not use one enough to convince my head that it is worth while but i do want to try it.

thanks for any info

Are you a member on MTBR? I can post that for you if that helps - lemme know.

- Mike

Back