• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

bishop said:
Nope, one forum is a waste of time enough for me. :p
thanks mike

I hear ya:) What size frame are you?

Santa Cruz Nomad Frame for sale

**SOLD** **SOLD**

Last edited:
Road Bike For Sale

Found an awesome road bike for sale on craigslist.

I have nothing to do with the sale of this bike other than the fact that I have one and know that you can't get a much nicer full carbon bike for the money.

Check it out
Giant OCR Limited

Hey Mikey, is that the section that we all walked through, ... with the exception of Dave, ... who busted his ass as well?

Harpo said:
Hey Mikey, is that the section that we all walked through, ... with the exception of Dave, ... who busted his ass as well?

That is. And I plan to continue walking it everytime I ride it, unless I'm geared up with the pressure suit and on something with 6+ inches of travel on both ends and boatloads of ground clearance.

The guys on the Nomads who are going end-over are pretty upright.

Yea, I'd have to think about it long and hard. Although the Nomad might get through it better than anything else I've ever ridden, once/if you dismount, the rocks feel exactly the same no matter what bike you just fell off of. :wow :cry

that looked nice... i'd probably walk it, too :)

i've found one of the hardest things going through the boneyards is making sure you've got enough speed to not get stuck on the rocks (and subsequently bounce off and onto the ground), but not so much speed you go flying off of shit and lose control.

good stuff :thumbup

That looks quite challenging, if you guys show me where is it I'll be more than glad to show the proper crashing technique while blazing through it.

Pete has the right idea, speed is your friend in that section but not too much

Is downeyville open ??

EC70 said:
That looks quite challenging, if you guys show me where is it I'll be more than glad to show the proper crashing technique while blazing through it.

Pete has the right idea, speed is your friend in that section but not too much

Is downeyville open ??

A good portion of it is still snowed under right now. Are you up for the race this year?

If the body is intact, I am down for some races.

Which ones? are you talking about. Seaotter?

The races at Sears Point?

Show me the way.

EC70 said:
If the body is intact, I am down for some races.

Which ones? are you talking about. Seaotter?

The races at Sears Point?

Show me the way.

The Downieville Classic, July 13/14/15. I'm wondering if we can get a moto-contingent going for a weekend of pain, suffering, climbing, descending, and partying.

http://www.downievilleclassic.com

Man - every time I see that first hit on that video, I wince in pain :)

CityBikeMike said:
The Downieville Classic, July 13/14/15. I'm wondering if we can get a moto-contingent going for a weekend of pain, suffering, climbing, descending, and partying.

http://www.downievilleclassic.com

Man - every time I see that first hit on that video, I wince in pain :)

I'm down. Just picked up a new to me mtn bike when I sold my mx bike. XC looks like fun. Assuming I can find some seat time in between mixing it up with the leg shavers. :p Speaking of which, who's riding & when???? :) :) :)

anyone up to ride this weekend?

Mike? Joe? I have not ridden in 3 weeks so I'm not going to be much of an ass.

Tamarancho / Boyscout Camp Saturday 2/3

I think a few of us, Bikemekinik, Crash and myself are riding Tamarancho (Boy Scout Camp) tomorrow. Not sure when. Probably late morning. It's gonna be the OBG ride. (old broken guy) Greg has broken collarbone aftermath, Mike has a twisted ankle and I'm recovering from finger/wrist surgery. Don't worry, we're all tough guys :cry :laughing :laughing and I've got ample supplies of 800mg ibuprofen and lots of Vicodin. Just make sure to get your prescriptions in early so it's filled by ride time. :twofinger

I just did my first jaunt in awhile up at China Camp today. Beautiful weather for it. Kind of crowded, but not terribly... I found a stretch of empty trail when I did the first descent from mile 2 to wherever the high tension tower is... just bombed through that :teeth. I'm definitely out of biking shape, though. Being hungover didn't help either. I had to stop a couple of times on the 2 mile climb at the beginning, and got passed too many times to count. :cry.

Hope you guys had fun at Tamarancho. :thumbup

Re: Tamarancho / Boyscout Camp Saturday 2/3

Harpo said:
I think a few of us, Bikemekinik, Crash and myself are riding Tamarancho (Boy Scout Camp) tomorrow. Not sure when. Probably late morning. It's gonna be the OBG ride. (old broken guy) Greg has broken collarbone aftermath, Mike has a twisted ankle and I'm recovering from finger/wrist surgery. Don't worry, we're all tough guys :cry :laughing :laughing and I've got ample supplies of 800mg ibuprofen and lots of Vicodin. Just make sure to get your prescriptions in early so it's filled by ride time. :twofinger
Tamarancho was spectacular. Turned out to be just Gregory and myself. 16 mile of the finest single track in Northern CA and another 3+ getting in and out = 19. That and a beautiful day, ... spectacular!! :teeth

Back