• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Joe, How do you like the Nomad? I have been reading reviews and it seems to be quite the bike of choice.

Just not sure i wanna sink 4K into a bike.

zookrider98 said:
Joe, How do you like the Nomad? I have been reading reviews and it seems to be quite the bike of choice.

Just not sure i wanna sink 4K into a bike.
Definitely the best bike I've ever owned. It goes through, over, and around any obstacle in it's path like it's smooth pavement. :teeth :thumbup
It has one, and only one draw back, .... Long, sustained, steep climbs. A good example would be the 4 mile climb to the second loop from the bottom of Soquel. Mind you, I've only done it once on the Nomad and my suspension and propedal settings were off the chart. I've got it dialed now so I need to try it again. I think the only bike out there that would give the Nomad a run for it's money (in the "If I Could Only Own One Bike" catagory) Would be a higher end Enduro SL

my forks are in for warranty service right now. Something inside came loose and the right fork leg would chatter under braking.

Hey Barfers, need a little advise on mountain biking. Planning to spend about 1k on a full suspension mtn bike. Nothing hardcore, just a newbie trying to get fit. Here are a few options, any suggestion will help.

1. Santa Cruz Heckler

2. Santa Cruz Super light

3. Gary Fisher Sugar

4. Jamis Dakar XLT 2.0

5. Specialized FSR XC Pro

6. Stumpjumper FSR comp

7. Specialized Big Hit

What are the advantage and disadvantage on each? Thank you in advanced.

Sorry dude, you are not getting an Stumpjumper FSR Pro for under 1000 bux.

I can give you more input on the other bikes later.

How tall are you??

Someone on craigslist is selling an Stumpjumper FSR Pro for 1400.

Is that a good price?

I sent you a PM with my height. Thanks for your input.

yellowR6 said:
Someone on craigslist is selling an Stumpjumper FSR Pro for 1400.

Is that a good price?

I sent you a PM with my height. Thanks for your input.
I wouldn't go any older than an '04. The newer frame styles (that started in '04/05) with the fox Septune and Triad shocks are really spectacular bikes. Soak up all the bumps and are still some of the most efficient peddling bikes out there.

PS. See Pic. It's screaming out your name.

2971499-1_low_res.jpg

Stumpy FSR Expert size small

This is the '05 Stumpjumper Expert with the Pushed Fox Talas fork I told you about in the pm.

2971526-stumpjumper_expert.jpg

GUESS WHO'S BACK??

....just give me a few weeks to get my legs back in mtn-bike-shape....but spring is about here!!!

stumpy0001.JPG

Re: GUESS WHO'S BACK??

JnglstTICAL said:
....just give me a few weeks to get my legs back in mtn-bike-shape....but spring is about here!!!
It's obviously an '06 FSR. What model is it?

Back