• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Re: Re: Re: GUESS WHO'S BACK??

JnglstTICAL said:
FSR PRO Baby!!
It's very PERTY. I almost bought one of those (frame only) but I just couldn't sell myself on the idea of the brain shock so I waited until I found a really great deal on an '05 FSR Pro frame that has the older style shock (Fox Septune) that I'm use to .

Did you get it new or used? How much??

Get your legs going dude and lets ride. I've all ready almost gotten my money's worth out of my Tamorancho Pass this year. :teeth

Last edited:
... Totally into Mountain Biking ... usually do the south bay ... Stevens Canyon ... Fremont Older ... Los Gatis Hills ... Wilder Ranch ... Grant Ranch ... etc ...

Do Fremont Older on Wednesday nights after work around 6:00PM ... weekends I'd like to get people together to do Josephs Hill in Los Gatos ... then go to lunch somewhere ... then Motorcycle ride afterwards ...

Steve

Blvd of Dreams said:
... Totally into Mountain Biking ... usually do the south bay ... Stevens Canyon ... Fremont Older ... Los Gatis Hills ... Wilder Ranch ... Grant Ranch ... etc ...

Do Fremont Older on Wednesday nights after work around 6:00PM ... weekends I'd like to get people together to do Josephs Hill in Los Gatos ... then go to lunch somewhere ... then Motorcycle ride afterwards ...

Steve
Sorry Dude, 1) I live with my GF, which means (she has actually shown me that's it's stated in the fine print :laughing ) That I only get to do 1 of the 3 things with GUY friends. Bicycle, OR Motorcycle, OR Food but not all three. ;) :( 2) If, I'm gonna travel that far to go for a MT. bike ride it had better be a sweet place to ride and it had better be a long ride. :teeth

Blvd of Dreams said:

Steve

I usually do St. Joes and/or Fremont Older for weekday work-out rides...next time I go maybe I'll bump into you or pm yah!

Anyone got a wheel truing insert for a Cannondale Lefty front wheel? Mine's backordered and I'm itching to ride my 'dale. PM if you can help...

I don't have one. I think Gregory just did his best to true it on the bike when I warped it at Soquel that one time.

I tried taping a short stick to the fork leg and using that as a gague, but I couldn't get the stick to stay in one place. I suppose I could use a long zip tie cut to the proper length...but I'd rather toss it in the truing stand and not have to guess.
It's not a severe bend, just enough to give me the heebie jeebies on descents as I watch it wiggle.

kiltwearinfool said:
I tried taping a short stick to the fork leg and using that as a gague, but I couldn't get the stick to stay in one place. I suppose I could use a long zip tie cut to the proper length...but I'd rather toss it in the truing stand and not have to guess.
It's not a severe bend, just enough to give me the heebie jeebies on descents as I watch it wiggle.

Mine still has a bit of a wiggle as well. I really banged it hard when I bailed at Soquel a little while ago. I guess it doesn't *really* matter since I have disc brakes, but still. Gregory got it as best he could without replacing the rim.

What kind of Cannondale do you have?

Anyone going to the Sea Otter Classic this weekend? I'm taking a half day so I can do a Dual Slalom Racing clinic this afternoon.

CityBikeMike said:
Mine still has a bit of a wiggle as well. I really banged it hard when I bailed at Soquel a little while ago. I guess it doesn't *really* matter since I have disc brakes, but still. Gregory got it as best he could without replacing the rim.

What kind of Cannondale do you have?

Jekyll 1000. IIRC it's an '01 or '02.

I'll let you know then the truing jig arrives, you can borrow it if you like. Do you have a truing stand?

No Sea Otter for me, I have a Laguna trackday this weekend. Keith Code is running a new school there aimed at developing pedestrian and bicycle avoidance techniques. Should be good.

Last edited:
The fuel is a pretty solid bike....check the mtbr.com reviews though from people who own them...I bet they have a lot more imput.

There were only 3 reviews, but it looks to be on par with the lower end StumpJumpers.

Yes ... I own 4 mountain bikes and I'm looking for another upgrade this weekend. Mountain Bike at least two times a week.

Look me up ... I'm in the same boat looking for people to ride with ...

Steve

Keys...

CityBikeMike said:
Anyone going to the Sea Otter Classic this weekend? I'm taking a half day so I can do a Dual Slalom Racing clinic this afternoon.
Hey Mike, you must be doing a good job not losing your bike keys. Don't worry I got good eyes. Have'nt seen ya since the Fremont Meet.

Re: Keys...

TeamZigen said:
Hey Mike, you must be doing a good job not losing your bike keys. Don't worry I got good eyes. Have'nt seen ya since the Fremont Meet.

You're still the man for tracking those down! I did one better recently, and bent the key into a nice L shape :)

I was going to swing by last night on the way back from Sea Otter, but the poison oak rash on my leg was killing me. I've been planning on swinging by again soon - maybe I'll see ya there!

Back