• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

zookrider98 said:
I went in today to drool. It has Juicy seven's , not XT. The guy first told me to give him an offer cause they need the room on the floor. So i said $2500 and he came back with $2800 + tax. He said that Santa cruz will not let them sell the bike that cheap. I was thinking BS. I may offer $2800 OTD i'll see what i can do.
Go down to the BIKE CONNECTION in Palo Alto and talk to David Garcia, they were asking $1890 I offerd $899+tax which was the same price they were asking for the 2004 and they said YES:wow they have alot of last years models in stock so head down there and make a offer on any bike they have in stock. they have alot more bikes in the store than they show online.
they have alot of Santa Cruz bikes down there.

Dan

http://bikeconnection.net/index.cfm

zookrider98 said:
I went in today to drool. It has Juicy seven's , not XT. The guy first told me to give him an offer cause they need the room on the floor. So i said $2500 and he came back with $2800 + tax. He said that Santa cruz will not let them sell the bike that cheap. I was thinking BS. I may offer $2800 OTD i'll see what i can do.
Dude 1) it's possible that he's telling the truth. If he is an authorized Santa Cruz dealer I'm sure that there is some magical # (as determined by Santa Cruz) that he can't go below. 2) $2800 + tax is such a great deal for that bike, ... (New, ...From dealer!) that I can't even tell you. 3) For god sakes, let the guy make a buck. That's what keeps good, honorable, legit, business people in business. :thumbup ;)

PS. the bike is set up sweet. XT = rock solid and the best bang for the buck. DHX 5 Air is absolutely the best shock I've ever ridden. Talas 36 is awesome and Avid Juicy Sevens ROCK!!!

Last edited:
Here is my baby with the Maverick fork.

G@D I love this bike!!

3163668-1a.the_new_g1k.jpg

Harpo said:
Dude 1) it's possible that he's telling the truth. If he is an authorized Santa Cruz dealer I'm sure that there is some magical # (as determined by Santa Cruz) that he can't go below. 2) $2800 + tax is such a great deal for that bike, ... (New, ...From dealer!) that I can't even tell you. 3) For god sakes, let the guy make a buck. That's what keeps good, honorable, legit, business people in business. :thumbup ;)

PS. the bike is set up sweet. XT = rock solid and the best bang for the buck. DHX 5 Air is absolutely the best shock I've ever ridden. Talas 36 is awesome and Avid Juicy Sevens ROCK!!!

i need to quit being a p***y and just get it.

EC70 said:
You’re a bunch of full suspension Winnies! :laughing
I never claimed to be anything other. ;)

As a matter of fact, I'm SUCH a suspension weenie that I almost find my 5 inch Stumpy FSR to harsh a ride. :wow (No Joke!!)

What is the fork? :wtf It's a not a Maverick, .... is it??

Hardtail?

EC70 said:
You’re a bunch of full suspension Winnies! :laughing

Real men ride hard tails

Hardtail? Real Men?!? Oh the humanity!! You can have 'em. :hail

Don't get me wrong, hardtails have their place... xc racers, dirt jumping and riders too cheap to buy full suspension. :laughing

If you don't like full suspension, you must not be riding rough enough terrain or you're masachistic. Try taking that thing to Northstar or even Downieville. You won't have many fillings left. Plus, my 40 year old body doesn't do hardtails, sorry. :shame

Anyway, ride what ya got and love it. :thumbup :applause

Re: Hardtail?

dking said:
Hardtail? Real Men?!? Oh the humanity!! You can have 'em. :hail

Don't get me wrong, hardtails have their place... xc racers, dirt jumping and riders too cheap to buy full suspension. :laughing

If you don't like full suspension, you must not be riding rough enough terrain or you're masachistic. Try taking that thing to Northstar or even Downieville. You won't have many fillings left. Plus, my 40 year old body doesn't do hardtails, sorry. :shame

Anyway, ride what ya got and love it. :thumbup :applause

I must be the young pup of the group at 36 and I have been to North Star

3168354-jump.jpg

We rode most of the hill with the exception of that crazy rock garden.

We walk through that one.

3168357-rockdropsm.jpg

I rented a full suspension bike on Sunday and the stupid rear brake master cylinder failed half way down.

But not before I got to test it out.

3168364-bigdrop.jpg

Now if you old fellows need a guide up there maybe we can arrange something :laughing :laughing

Only a couple weeks to go

3168390-gapjump.jpg

Last edited:
N*

EC70 said:
Now if you old fellows need a guide up there maybe we can arrange something :laughing :laughing

Only a couple weeks to go

I'm not following YOU!!! :hail ...even with full suspension. 40+ year old bones don't heal that quickly either.

As for N*, I'm sure we'll be trying to go opening weekend. I've ridden just about everything except Karpiel and DogBone... walked 'em once tho :wow :laughing

Can't wait until it's open. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with T-hill Monday for now. :cool

Okay that looks awesome.

I really need to get a (pedal) bike now. Damn money situation...

Re: N*

dking said:
I'm not following YOU!!! :hail ...even with full suspension. 40+ year old bones don't heal that quickly either.

As for N*, I'm sure we'll be trying to go opening weekend. I've ridden just about everything except Karpiel and DogBone... walked 'em once tho :wow :laughing

Can't wait until it's open. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with T-hill Monday for now. :cool

I am definitely not getting any younger that's fo sure :laughing

But I have also been riding a bicycle / mountain bike / motorcycles professionally since 14 years old in one way or another so that helps a little.

N* is a definite this summer so let's make it happen

BarfMainia :barf Meets North Star 07 :green Who's In ?

And have a great time at T Hill, who’s hosting?

Monte Bello off Page Mill Road is some great riding also.

Those are Bomber Forks Hapro.

Back