• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

EC70: You've got way more climbing marked than there actually is... it prolly felt like that though. :laughing The climb up from the bottom of Butcher up to the top of third doesn't begin until you cross the bridge over the creek. You can see that on your map closer to the "L" where you marked "Climbing". That is prolly the biggest climb on that route and it's only like 250 vertical feet in about 1/4 mile... not that bad.

And while 1st Divide rolls and is somewhat pedally, it's hardly a climb. There is one spot where you pedal up maybe 150 vertical feet, but again not a hard climb.

We were all on freeride bike also. I was on my Bullit(white). There was a VP Free, a Giant Reign and a Demo 9... hardly light bikes. Where were you fixing your flat?

I can't decide whether I like N* or D'ville better. They are so different and I like them both. Thankfully, I don't have to decide. I can go to either one when the mood strikes.

I don't think I can make it the 6/15-16 weekend. I was thinking the following weekend; 5/23-24. :cool

Harpo said:
Anyone riding local Saturday 6/9??

If no better offers arise I will be hitting the usual, Tamarancho, but I'll travel if anyone is up for a ride somewhere else. Hmmmm, like maybe Demo...

Anyone up for it?

Me and some buds might be heading down to UCSC on Saturday afternoon. The drive is about the same as to Demo, but UC has way more trails. What time were you thinking?

Also, I'm heading out to the CHDH on Sunday to help out at the race and check out some fast guys. A pretty decent event right in our backyard (Livermore), if you ever wanted to check out a race. L8r. :cool

I heard a lot about ucsc that its a nice trail, but also heard that the rangers are cracking down on mtb. riders there for its suppose to be a hiking trail only.

I want to check out that place though.

dking said:
Me and some buds might be heading down to UCSC on Saturday afternoon. The drive is about the same as to Demo, but UC has way more trails. What time were you thinking?

Also, I'm heading out to the CHDH on Sunday to help out at the race and check out some fast guys. A pretty decent event right in our backyard (Livermore), if you ever wanted to check out a race. L8r. :cool
I could probably be talked into ucsc (where I've never ridden before) if you were going to leave earlier than afternoon. I have to get home at some reasonable time so I can get my bike prepped and loaded for T-Hill on Sunday. For me the earlier is always "the better" but let me know what time you were thinking of heading out.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be heading out much earlier than noon, which would get us out there around 1PM. I know it's late, but it's either late or not at all. Maybe next time. :cool

dking said:
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be heading out much earlier than noon, which would get us out there around 1PM. I know it's late, but it's either late or not at all. Maybe next time. :cool

Are you going there from Union City?

If I'm able to go maybe we can convoy or give me the directions there.

Thanks

dking said:
Too late for me. I'll be in the parking lot at Tamarancho at 8 am.

maybe some other time.

Why don't you cruise to D'ville with us next Saturday?;)

franzilla said:
Are you going there from Union City?

If I'm able to go maybe we can convoy or give me the directions there.

Thanks

Yep, we're leaving from UC/Haward around 12:30. We're meeting another guy at the Starbucks off of 880 and Industrial. Let me know if you're coming and we'll look out for ya. I'll PM you my cell number. :cool

P.S. Here's a map of the place:
http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/0/joaquinmiller_map.pdf

Last edited:
dking said:
Yep, we're leaving from UC/Haward around 12:30. We're meeting another guy at the Starbucks off of 880 and Industrial. Let me know if you're coming and we'll look out for ya. I'll PM you my cell number. :cool

P.S. Here's a map of the place:
http://www.oaklandnet.com/parks/0/joaquinmiller_map.pdf
Hey dking, if you said you were going to ucsc, ... why did you post a map of Joaquin Miller??? :wtf

Harpo said:
Hey dking, if you said you were going to ucsc, ... why did you post a map of Joaquin Miller??? :wtf

Sorry, I got my signals crossed. Since we couldn't go any earlier, we switched to going to Joachin Miller instead. I my mind, I mentioned that... I swear. :nerd

It was a beautiful day for a ride and JMP was great, as usual. We took another rider there for the first time. Fun stuff. L8r. :cool

dking said:
Sorry, I got my signals crossed. Since we couldn't go any earlier, we switched to going to Joachin Miller instead. I my mind, I mentioned that... I swear. :nerd

It was a beautiful day for a ride and JMP was great, as usual. We took another rider there for the first time. Fun stuff. L8r. :cool
I ride there from time to time. There is some fun stuff there but a) it all seems pretty short and b) there are a lot of hikers, ... some of which are militant lesbian hikers that hate mt. bikers. :twofinger

Downieville 6/16

For those of you that missed it, which is everyone except Solis and my buddy Dave, you missed an absolutely epic adventure. (definitely my best day, EVER, on a mountain bike)

Weather perfect! Trail perfect! Everything else perfect!

Very minor carnage. Very minor mechanicles. 2 Epic runs of perfection. You guys definitely missed out.
Downieville ROCKS!!!

Here was how my day ended yesterday after our ride @ Saratoga Gap.....great start to the summer....huh? Surgery this week.

JnglstTICAL said:
Here was how my day ended yesterday after our ride @ Saratoga Gap.....great start to the summer....huh? Surgery this week.
:wow W T F :wtf
Dude, what happened?

long story short (due 2 one hand typing), front end washed out on the single track/rocky portion at Saratoga Gap....happened pretty fast....but bailed head first into the rocks....mangled/broken hand/thumb, luckily nothing else considering the crash.

JnglstTICAL said:
long story short (due 2 one hand typing), front end washed out on the single track/rocky portion at Saratoga Gap....happened pretty fast....but bailed head first into the rocks....mangled/broken hand/thumb, luckily nothing else considering the crash.

That sucks dude, how long are you out for?
what are they going to do? Cut it off?
Here is a Vid of gap at nite, we use to do this once a week.
Gap Vid

JnglstTICAL said:

Doood! That sucks!! Especially at the beginning of summer. Of course you already know that. :nerd SG can be pretty unforgiving if you have a high speed off. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Harpo: Why didn't you tell us you were going to D'ville? Or did I just miss that? ...not that it would've made much difference since I was out of town, but it would've been nice to know.

On that note, I'm going up again this coming weekend. I think our ride up is all full, but anyone is welcome to come up and join us for for the downhill. We'll be there most of the weekend... 11AM shuttle on Saturday... maybe another around 3-4PM. Then a 10AM shuttle on Sunday. Anyone interested, let me know before hand so I know to expect you. Since there's no cell service up there, we'd have to make prior arrangements to meet up. L8r. :cool

dking said:
Harpo: Why didn't you tell us you were going to D'ville? Or did I just miss that? ...not that it would've made much difference since I was out of town, but it would've been nice to know.

Harpo said:
Downieville Daytrip ... June 16
Drive up early. Gonna try and get 2 runs (provided carnage on the first is kept to a minimum) and then driving back.

Right now it's Myself, Solis, and my friend Dave.

Let me know if anyone else is interested so we can carpool and save some gas money.
Dude, the post was only one page back. You don't ride like that do you? You know, ...with your eyes closed!;) :wow :laughing :wtf

Harpo said:
Dude, the post was only one page back. You don't ride like that do you? You know, ...with your eyes closed!;) :wow :laughing :wtf

Yep, I missed it... too many posts and topics in between I guess. :nerd

And how'd you know I ride with my eyes closed? You been stalking me? :wow :laughing

Back