• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Hmm, this may be my opportunity to talk you nuts in to coming South! We tend to get a little bit less rain than you guys up there.. :)

Wonder if Demo or any other area's down here will be favorable for this weekend..

Anyway, I'm down to ride.

Bap, we can always ride dirtbikes too. I got my CRF250R ready to go. They work great in the rain!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hmm, this may be my opportunity to talk you nuts in to coming South! We tend to get a little bit less rain than you guys up there.. :)

Wonder if Demo or any other area's down here will be favorable for this weekend..

Anyway, I'm down to ride.

Bap, we can always ride dirtbikes too. I got my CRF250R ready to go. They work great in the rain!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sounds like a doable plan Ev. Let's see how the weather plays out.

Tracy's bike (FSA K-force seatpost to come):

Left side

Attachments

• BARF.GT.01.Left.Side.jpg
    BARF.GT.01.Left.Side.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 508
Components:

Attachments

• BARF.GT.05.Cranks.jpg
    BARF.GT.05.Cranks.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 61
  • BARF.GT.06.Cassette.jpg
    BARF.GT.06.Cassette.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 57
  • BARF.GT.07.Psylo.jpg
    BARF.GT.07.Psylo.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 57
  • BARF.GT.10.Shock.jpg
    BARF.GT.10.Shock.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 60
  • BARF.GT.09.Bars.jpg
    BARF.GT.09.Bars.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 63
The XC after:

Attachments

• BARF.XC.01.Left.Side.jpg
    BARF.XC.01.Left.Side.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 67
  • BARF.XC.03.Right.Side.jpg
    BARF.XC.03.Right.Side.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 63
components:

Attachments

• BARF.XC.05.Cranks.jpg
    BARF.XC.05.Cranks.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 57
  • BARF.XC.06.Cassette.jpg
    BARF.XC.06.Cassette.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 58
  • BARF.XC.09.Seatpost.jpg
    BARF.XC.09.Seatpost.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 63
  • BARF.XC.10.Front.jpg
    BARF.XC.10.Front.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 64
  • BARF.XC.11.Fork.jpg
    BARF.XC.11.Fork.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 57
Tracy's bike (FSA K-force seatpost to come)

Tracy's bike looks identical in a lot of ways to my first "real" mountain bike - only nicer :) I'm hoping to get an identical crank and rear derailleur for my own bike!

Wonder if Demo or any other areas down here will be favorable for this weekend..

I guess it depends on how much rain the trails get? I don't know of any trails in particular down in the South Bay that hold up to rain any better than other places.

The trails need a rock or a sandstone base to be rideable, and I know Demo doesn't get that - I remember sliding sideways with the wheels locked on steeper descents the last time I tried it too soon after some rain.

The MTBR guys are pretty good at posting trail reports:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=367502

^Hey John, you should ride West/East Ridge trail instead of JMP tomorrow.... Last time I checked accuweather, there was more rain in the forecast for this evening/night.

Miller isn't so fun the day after it rains...ask me how I know:laughing Or even ask Sonny...

Check your PM.

Last edited:
Johnny boy, I think Roxys bike needs to go to your house for one of your makeovers. :teeth

I've got a bunch of extra parts I picked up cheap. Come on by and see what we can fit on that thing.

My ride today was rough. All I did was ride from my house to Redwood and back. The plan was to ride to Skyline gate on Dunn and Westridge, but the cold air burning my lungs killed that plan, so about 8 miles today. Skyline was in good condition except for a couple of short muddy spots. I couldn't tell you about Redwood RP.

What time are you thinking of riding tomorrow? I might be in the area to grab those bar ends - thinking of giving $2 Hill a go on the Specialized as well :) I haven't cleaned that climb since I picked up my Cannondale in 2004...

The plan was to ride to Skyline gate on Dunn and Westridge, but the cold air burning my lungs killed that plan, so about 8 miles today.

I'm guessing smoking didn't help...

Also, my Dad had a heart attack on Monday at the age of 63 (he is OK). He has been a smoker for the last 30 years. Time for you to quit John.. think of the kid! :)

Disc Wheelset for sale. $100 installed.

I have Specialized Stout Disc Wheelset for sale. Stout Disc Hubs/DT 1.8g Spokes w/Aluminum Nipples and Mavic X317 Rims. 1950 gr. includes front oversize quickrelease. Wheelset is round and true with no dents, dings, or bends. Just retensioned and spot trued.
PM if you want a picture, but they look like wheels

Back