• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

EDIT: Jeremy and I did a modified version of the Lake Chabot bicycle loop today.

Starting/End point: Clyde Woolridge Staging Area

Route: Golden Rod -> Bass Cove -> West Shore -> 10 Hills -> Brandon -> Redtail -> Grass Valley -> Jackson Grade

Total: 14.76 miles

Other than a few muddy spots, the trail was dry.

Last edited:
My route today..

It's about a mile or two from my house to the park, then I did the loop up to the reservoir and around and back. Around 20 miles total I'd guess..

Attachments

• LGTrailRoute.jpg
    LGTrailRoute.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 61
I was looking at a Northern California Mountain Bike Racing website - despite being in the middle of winter, it looks like there are a quite a few events over the next couple of months:

01/20/08: MTB Kick Start (XC)
02/03/08: CCORC Winter #3 (STXC)
02/03/08: MTB Challenge #1 (XC)
02/09/08: Buck Ridge #1 (XC)
02/10/08: CCCX Spring XC (XC)
02/16/08: CCCX Spring XC (XC)
02/17/08: CCCX Spring DH (DH)
02/24/08: MTB Challenge #2 (XC)

I'm thinking of giving the CCCX DH race a shot if the weather's good. Anyone else up for something like this? The CCCX events are all down in Monterey, while the MTB Challenges are in the Folsom area.

Did you guys see the ghost ride video on the link Crash left us pretty funny stuff

I think the ghost bike was in 3rd place!

Imagine trying to explain how a ghost bike beat you to the line.

I'm up for racing the Expert class this weekend. Anyone want to carpool. Or possibly going up saturday and preride a lap or two, and staying up there for the night?

Imagine trying to explain how a ghost bike beat you to the line.

I'm up for racing the Expert class this weekend. Anyone want to carpool. Or possibly going up saturday and preride a lap or two, and staying up there for the night?
Yea, I'll go.
Ccccoooooooooooghhhhh, ...... Haaaaack, .........Eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh, ....... Coooooouuuggghhhh!!

Neveeeeer Miiiiind :( :cry

Anyone else up for something like this? The CCCX events are all down in Monterey, while the MTB Challenges are in the Folsom area.

I'll be doing the duathlons, which are scheduled the day before the MTB Challenges...we'll see how much energy I have left for Sunday:laughing

Yea, I'll go.
Ccccoooooooooooghhhhh, ...... Haaaaack, .........Eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh, ....... Coooooouuuggghhhh!!

Neveeeeer Miiiiind :( :cry

Dude, are you alright? You've been sick for quite a while:(

Does anyone have a Hayes hydraulic caliper and bracket they would like to sell for a 6" rotor? Or does anyone have an entire front hydraulic disc set? I have the rotor and lever but don't have a caliper. I'd be fine buying a whole set either way. Right now I'm using the Hayes 9 but I'd throw whatever is good on there. Trying to get my girlfriends bike ready (again) for this weekend, thanks!

so who's riding where this weekend. I wanna ride :)

And no, I'm not going racing with you Gregory :twofinger

Have you had a chance to do W/E at all?

I've done the "modified" Chabot loop my last 2 rides with Jer and Sonny ~15miles

No, I haven't. We had those rains my only free weekend since our ride. I've got two free weekends in a row and I need to get some miles under my belt. I'm up for Chabot as well.

I could be down for something on Sunday! Chabot is a little closer than Redwood for me.

But you guys should come down here to skyline or demo. :p

So I started reading up on my new ride, Googled enduro sl and this review popped up.CityBikesMike: Enduro SL Pics FINALLY!

I was like, sweet Mike is already entrenched in the cycling world.... NOT!! Holy trademark infringement Batman™. Anyways, the coincedence was funny.

Sunday at my house again, 10:00 a.m.?

Chabot loop from my house comes out to 16.5 miles.

:teeth

Back