• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Suprised you guys don't do more resistance training, perfect complimment for those off days of cardio :thumbup . I was just the opposite, I only did weight training and realized that only doing one thing isn't good. So now I'm complimenting my weight training with more cardio. Even some low weight/high rep stuff would be good and as a bonus your less likely to bulk up and add weight if you stay away from the heavy stuff

Oh and bap, you might want to start doing some shoulder warm ups before doing those pushups. There are a few real real light weight warmup's you can do to help out that shoulder. Very important to warm up shoulders before doing anything strenous. I'll show you next time we meet up

Sounds good Cody. I do some pendulum exercises still and shoulder stretches, but I'm more than open to anything new.

I hope you guys save your legs for Sunday (BAP) ;) Total climbing numbers aren't accurate, but the elevation profile gives you a pretty good idea of how much climbing there is. The great part is that every climb has a mega-fun reward :)

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2869521

Sweet, Just what I need right now:thumbup Who's gonna tote my sorry ass up there:)

Oh and Mike are we really gonna ride through that golf course and all those peoples backyards?:nerd:laughing

I hope you guys save your legs for Sunday (BAP) ;) Total climbing numbers aren't accurate, but the elevation profile gives you a pretty good idea of how much climbing there is. The great part is that every climb has a mega-fun reward :)

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2869521

You know, I only looked at the totals, and those were way deceiving. This actually looks like a really fun ride. I think you can count me in. Jer, I think I can give you a ride, let's talk. What time are you thinking Mikey?

You know, I only looked at the totals, and those were way deceiving. This actually looks like a really fun ride. I think you can count me in. Jer, I think I can give you a ride, let's talk. What time are you thinking Mikey?

They are way deceiving. If you look at the elevation profile alone, that gives you a better idea. Tons of stopping on that ride (there were over 20 people of all abilities), with lots of mechanicals. And the more I stop, the more the altitude seems to fluctuate with my GPS.

Still, it's probably a 3.5 to 4 hour ride with all the stops. I was hoping to be at the trailhead at 10 AM - is that doable for ya?

I'd hitch a ride with you if you have room John. I think I'll be borrowing Sonny's bike though as mine is in to have the forks rebuilt.

I'll get back to you.

Check your PM's John.

They are way deceiving. If you look at the elevation profile alone, that gives you a better idea. Tons of stopping on that ride (there were over 20 people of all abilities), with lots of mechanicals. And the more I stop, the more the altitude seems to fluctuate with my GPS.

Still, it's probably a 3.5 to 4 hour ride with all the stops. I was hoping to be at the trailhead at 10 AM - is that doable for ya?

Sure, I don't see why not. Just get me directions, or we can meet the same place as last time and caravan.

I'd hitch a ride with you if you have room John. I think I'll be borrowing Sonny's bike though as mine is in to have the forks rebuilt.

I'll get back to you.

Check your PM's John.

Got the PM, we'll work out how Sunday plays out.

Yody, you gonna go to Annadale Sunday? If so, bringing the old lady? If not, wanna carpool?

No, ole lady is coming with me to Easy loop at China Camp on saturday afternoon. No way she is ready for something like Annadale. Hopefully soon though! I could possibly work out a car pool. Only thing is my buddy might be coming as well so I might be pulling his bike up with me(or other way around) Can't wait!

No, ole lady is coming with me to Easy loop at China Camp on saturday afternoon. No way she is ready for something like Annadale. Hopefully soon though! I could possibly work out a car pool. Only thing is my buddy might be coming as well so I might be pulling his bike up with me(or other way around) Can't wait!

No worries, we still might be able to caravan up.

I want to ride! Where do I sign up?

Come on out this weekend. If you're shooting up the east bay, meet up with us and caravan or car pool with us.

Ev, you coming up? You and MA could conceivably come up together.

Imagine trying to explain how a ghost bike beat you to the line.

I'm up for racing the Expert class this weekend. Anyone want to carpool. Or possibly going up saturday and preride a lap or two, and staying up there for the night?

Gregory, are you planning on doing any of the duathlons or the xterra?

Who's going where?

I think I'm and going to race the mtb stuff that Mike outlined. But my legs still seem a bit soft for the race this weekend and I am fighting off a Harpo-esque cold. But I do want to ride.
What are the plans for east bay hills on saturday and annadel on sunday?

Me and Roxy will tivo the football games and ride Sunday. :thumbup
Can we set up a breakfast meet/fuel stop before hand?

I think I'm and going to race the mtb stuff that Mike outlined. But my legs still seem a bit soft for the race this weekend and I am fighting off a Harpo-esque cold. But I do want to ride.
What are the plans for east bay hills on saturday and annadel on sunday?

Hey Gregory, looks like we may hit up JMP on Saturday for a couple of loops, or do Redwood W/E, and Annadel Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up with us.

Hey Gregory, looks like we may hit up JMP on Saturday for a couple of loops, or do Redwood W/E, and Annadel Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up with us.

Gotta save the legs for Sunday --- I'd say JMP:laughing

Back