• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

"FREE"
Who wants these old ass "LX" cranks? 175MM, 22-32-42 chainrings. Old style BB(Square)

1316910-img_3413.jpg

Re: Who Here Uses Hayes Hydraulic Brakes?

R6 Ryda said:
I've had these brake levers for a couple years now. Who in here honestly can use them? If you can honestly use them they are yours for "FREE" They are brand new, but a few years old. I better not see them on CL's or Barf for sale...

1316826-img_3411.jpg

Nice looking levers. Wish I have use for it.

"FREE"
Who want's these crappy "DEORE" Derailleurs? The front is a Mega 9(31.8) and the rear is a Mega 9 long cage.

1316981-img_3415.jpg

Frodog said:
Anyone here interested on a Medium Intense 5.5 Frame? It has the Manitou 4-way Swinger rear shock. It is brand new.

Hmm, how much are you looking for it (high ballpark)? I think it's safe to say my wallet will have a stroke when it hears of the going price but it never hurts to ask :). Any ideas on the weight too?

Hyperlite said:
Hmm, how much are you looking for it (high ballpark)? I think it's safe to say my wallet will have a stroke when it hears of the going price but it never hurts to ask :). Any ideas on the weight too?

Well, they normally retail for $2050.00 for just the frame and rear shock, but of course I did not pay retail for it. I'll sell it for $1600.00.

frodog

Re: Who Here Uses Hayes Hydraulic Brakes?

R6 Ryda said:
I've had these brake levers for a couple years now. Who in here honestly can use them? If you can honestly use them they are yours for "FREE" They are brand new, but a few years old. I better not see them on CL's or Barf for sale...

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/images/threads/000/
082/426/1316826-img_3411.jpg

I have Hayes hydraulics on my 03 Marin. I'll take your levers for ya...

Sunday would be the best day for me.

MrCrash mentioned a few spots I'd like to check out before the cold weather comes through.

Anadelle
Rockville
Tamarancho and China Camp

Or trek up to Downieville...

I may be up for something Sunday. Jeff, take care of those warmers dude...call!!!

Anyone up for Fremont Older in Cupertino this Sunday? I am looking to get a variety of rider levels there, and that is a good place for people of all levels. PM or reply if you want to go---Will

Fremont Older is somewhat short, even if you were to start from the Steven Creek Canyon side.

I'd recomend Saratoga Gap all the way through Long Ridge then up to Russian Rdge then back. Array of trails, single track, fireroads, some uphill and not very technical.

You can do the whole loop within 2-3 hours

Last edited:
I agree...I just didn't want to discourage beginners with a killer course. I will ride whatever.

ok, Tracktor!

Butch said:
ok, Tracktor!

feeling like a nice speed run eh? How about both? Do 2 loops, first one will be a nice smooth flight down tractor and the second will be an elevator drop down braille :teeth

9am or 9:30am, sunday in the dirt parking lot at SDF?

I'm there. 9 would be cool, if others could get up that early...

maybe I should do the Christy distrubution list...

Hyperlite said:
feeling like a nice speed run eh? How about both? Do 2 loops, first one will be a nice smooth flight down tractor and the second will be an elevator drop down braille :teeth

9am or 9:30am, sunday in the dirt parking lot at SDF?

Just curious--- how would you attempt two loops?

Back up through the way we go up?

Or

Up one of the trails?

Back