• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Dragon said:
Your gonna try, huh...
DancingSpiderman1.gif

Hey Calvin, it's your brother :p

want me to give you a wake up call?

who wants to place a bet on whether cal wakes up? :twofinger

lol, thats not a very good bet....u guys always ride too damn early...although, ravi, next week, I'm in for at least one early morn ride!!

once you ladies figure out how much beauty rest you need, let me know what time to meet you.

Re: Soquel Demo / Braille early this Sunday

MrCrash907 said:
AFM fast guy Jeff Tigert will be in town, and is bringing his heavy duty DH rig. It should be a good show for anyone who can keep him in sight! We're thinking we'd like to meet at the parking lot / trailhead sometime around 8:00-8:30, as he has to be back to civilization by noon.

I just got back from a good ride at China Camp, and had an awesome day at Northstar last weekend. Those double blacks are fucking ridiculous though. I don't see myself *ever* cleaning some of those. Mandatory 5-8 foot drops and log waterfalls? Yeah right :)

It's been a few weeks since I've done Soquel - I'm definitely overdue!

Anyone else interested?

- Mike

Lets do this!!!

1349274-jtdrop.jpg

how you say? that is some sick air?

That picture was of a Santa Cruz VP Free, but this weekend I am going to bring up the Foes Fly. It weighs a mere 42 lbs or so. So everyone is going to kill me on the climb, but its soo worth it once you get to the top.

from a buddy in the office...

theres an 18 footer in SC I could show him, with about a 12 foot gap you gotta clear.

YOW!!!

(I sent him your pic)

weather?

71% chance of thunderstorms?
And its stiill dark. I must be crazy, but c ya in a couple hours...

yup, you are crazy

I just called Mr Crash and it looks like he's still going. We'll probably see him out there around 8:30 or so.

Prepare to get muddy. Christy! where you at? :teeth

how was the ride? last time it rained down there solis said to cancel because it messes up the trails or something??

We went ahead, after waiting all week for it. The climb up wasn't bad, but Braille was a mess. I'm not going back until it's dry, it was hard enough just making it down without sliding right off in the mud. Braking and turning made a everything even messier - I'm not going back until it dries out some.

I thought the tree cover would provide some shelter, but it was pretty sloppy out there. Tigert's car wouldn't hack the bumpy road into the parking lot (we trailered three bikes in), so we just set up at the wooden bridge by the side of the road.

Sorry about not getting back to you Tony, I didn't get your message until later. In retrospect, we should have designated a meeting place at the trailhead - either the bridge or the lot itself. Tigert's car couldn't hack the climb in, especially with the trailer on it. The rain picked up as we set up, and I promptly failed to think about anything other than keeping dry. My fault for not planning or thinking thoroughly, or bringing phone numbers to at least see who to expect there.

Hopefully conditions are better next time - it was cool seeing Tigert bomb every log drop and jump on the trail!

FYI, i heard they closed nisene park to bikes.

Actually I think they are closing the fire roads to SDF from Santa Cruz.. (traveling through the forest of Nisene)

well I can honestly say that I'm not too disappointed that I missed you guys out there :p. The conditions were pretty bad and too much of that trail is soft pack. I've ridden in similar stuff that was soaked before and I spent more time clearing mud from the tires so that they could spin than I did riding. I couldn't bring myself to add to the carnage of the trails even though it was tempting to follow another group of riders that were assembling when I got there.

So you must have gotten out there early. I made it there by 8:40 due to the weather and getting past a flipped car and did see that some :loco had driven a little passenger car with a motorcycle trailer up there :laughing
This must have been you guys :p
IM000424_edited.JPG

Visibility was really bad getting across Summit Rd and the roads were soaked
IM000415_edited.JPG

Hopefully it'll be better next time around :burnout

Back