• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

checking in from Downieville.its very windy and dusty,about mid 80's,otherwise,great for riding.....

the heat will make you even more angry....:laughing:laughing

First you were gonna get some old piece of crap and have me help you with it, ..... then you specifically wanted a Nomad and Fox Talas 36 RC2, .... now Enduro, :wtf ......... Dude, I can build you an awesome rig, but again I say, ..... YOU"RE ALL OVER THE BOARD!!! You're pretty, ridiculously hard to help/work with!!!!!

I agree...you are a little scattered, but it is a decision that anyone would be driven a bit crazy by.:loco

To answer your last question as best I can, The Specialized seems to be a better climber and a tad lighter feeling when on the saddle. It looks awesome and rides great. The problem is that you may be having to service the suspension frequently like my buddy has. Insane amount of problems with the Specialized fork. If you go this route, just make sure you buy from a dealer that will assist you with the almost inevidable suspension issues. I have only a very limited ride on the SC Nomad to base my opinion on, but it feels stout, solid, sexy and is a very good AM bike. Just spend the extra $$ for a better build. You won't regret it.

My next bike will probably be a Knolly. If you have the budget, that is what I would do. Either the Endorphin or Delirium. The former is a better AM all arounder and the latter is way more aggressive for DH type stuff. They both make everyone stop and look and they both have insane build quality. Knolly FTW.

Top tube on the Enduro SL is kinda long, and the Specialized suspension components don't seem to be as compliant. Scotty, myself, and Sonny all *used* to ride one, and I think we're all happier on our current mounts - Scotty is on his Santa Cruz Nomad, I'm on the Ibis Mojo, and Sonny is on his Giant Reign X.

I actually liked my Jekyll more than I liked the Enduro SL - which is why I sold it. Top tube on the Jekyll was shorter, suspension was more compliant, and I had it built a little lighter (28 lbs)

Back from Downieville. Scratched and bruised =(. Damn rock garden. I went over the bars twice (once @ the rock garden, and once at freaking pauly creek). Finished the downhill from packer saddle in about 2 hours. WAY more fun than the first time!

Got back into town before noon, decided not to push myself for a second run. I think I ran across Harpo @ the bridge.

Then I jumped in this:

DSC00163.jpg

YYYEEEAHHHHHH. What a great day!

Back from Downieville. Scratched and bruised =(. Damn rock garden. I went over the bars twice (once @ the rock garden, and once at freaking pauly creek). Finished the downhill from packer saddle in about 2 hours. WAY more fun than the first time!

Got back into town before noon, decided not to push myself for a second run. I think I ran across Harpo @ the bridge.

Then I jumped in this:

YYYEEEAHHHHHH. What a great day!
LMFAO Toooo funny, so there I am riding across the bridge with Gregory (Bikemech1) after an absolutely incredible run down and somebody rides by me on the bridge, and I could have sworn I heard him say, "Hey Joe," ....
Gregory and I then restarted in our conversation (we chatted about it just the night before) how we don't remember SHIT anymore, names, people, etc. Racked my brains trying to figure out who the heck that was that new me. LOL x 10. :laughing :laughing

As previously stated, the day was absolutely spectacular! Perfect run, perfect weather, perfect company,... After our run we hit the river, AWESOME!! Then chatted with the locals, then sat down on the porch of the resturant and chatted with locals from the bay area, locals from that area, several extremely cute bike chics, stuffed our faces with great food and then just couldn't leave without hitting the river again. Great F#$%EN DAY!!!!!! :thumbup :teeth

Wish me/us luck, ... Northstar in a few hours :teeth

Pauly is where I went over the bars too:cry
We should definitely hook up wats...

:rofl Weekend after the race. I'll be there :thumbup

I'll be wearing knee + shin protection this time.

I just got one of those GoPro wearable cameras to document the ride. hehehe. Funny story, I purchased it @ sacramento cyclegear and they have the camera with a free 2gb sd card. I ripped it open when I got home, and whaddayaknow, it was a return, with another 2gb sd card in it, and lithium batteries! WTF! I popped the card in my pc, and there's videos of some guys dicking around on dirtbikes!

Isn't it illegal to sell returned merchandise as new?

Does anyone have a spare shock for an 07 Stumpjumper that I could borrow for a day?

Only thing is I would need to get it today! Going to Dville tomorrow and am having problems with my current shock.

Does anyone have a spare shock for an 07 Stumpjumper that I could borrow for a day?

Only thing is I would need to get it today! Going to Dville tomorrow and am having problems with my current shock.
Don't know when you posted this but if you still need it let me know the size and I might be able to help.

NorthStar

After a great day at Downieville on Friday, Greg and I hit Northstar on Saturday.

GREAT DAY :thumbup :teeth is all I can say.
And not only was it a great day of weather and riding, I had the opportunity/privilege of following 2 Pro level DH racers down 4 or 5 runs. They slowed down a click (or 2 ;) ) so I could actually follow, observe and learn. Holly crap did that make a difference in my riding. I strongly recommend that if you have the opportunity to follow someone that is really familiar with a riding area, and a really excellent rider, .... TAKE IT!!! :thumbup :teeth

2009 wtb laser disc trail/freeride wheelset.

both are dead true, tension is great,and the hubs spin great as well.

laser disc lite rear hub. 135mm qr

front is laser disc super duty 20mm

front rim is laser disc trail

rear is laser disc freeride

perfect light weight all-mountain wheelset. comes in under 1900 grams for the set. includes rim tape.

asking $300 obo. Less than the cost of the rear!!

2009 Santa Cruz Heckler - NEW FRAME/SHOCK - small

The Featured bike of the week.
Check it out. SUPER SWEET!!!! :wow :thumbup :teeth

Full Specs on CL
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/1255340471.html

2009 Santa Cruz Heckler * BRAND NEW FRAME * CUSTOM BUILD $2200

Very Hi-End Build – Incredible Color - This Bike MUST be Seen and Ridden!!

size is SMALL

This bike was custom built to be the ultimate XC/AM (cross country/all mountain) machine. Please see component list for specifics.

Frame, Shock and almost all components are brand new. Only the Fork, Handlebar and a few small parts have very light miles and, ...
FORK was just completely rebuilt and Damper Cartridge was replaced/updated with the newest, top-of-the-line, cartridge with handlebar remote lockout and poplock

All Cables and Housings BRAND NEW

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1254.jpg
    IMG_1254.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 60
got myself a few good leads on a rig... wondering if anyone can share some detailed experience regarding the two:

- enduro 2008-09 w/ dual crown 160 forks
- nomad

i like the two, enduro looks odd but ppl seem to really dig it.

anyone here own either of the two... i haven't ridden in over 2 years but use to like xc/am --- nothing too serious.

any insights would be a great help.

... and thanks in advance.

What you need to do is ride the bikes, I sold my enduroSL even after I upgraded the suspension front and rear, I did like the Nomad but could not afford it, I bought a used Reign X for half what the Nomads were going for.

Ryan however likes the enduroSL and rides it well, his level of riding is above mine. (read- I needed a heavier bike that withstands being thrown on rocks).

I was also peeved at the "special"ized 25mm hub and axle :rolleyes
come on, the 20mm has been standard for a while, why make it hard for people to swap wheel sets?

Holy shit! Imma see if I can get enough money.

Is this yours, Joe?

It's mine in the sense that I purchased all the part to build it, ... but no, it's not mine to ride. This is how I'm paying the bills these days.
I Buy, I build, I clean, I fix, I service, ...... I SELL, ..... I pay the rent.

Come and take it for a spin if you'd like. It's a pretty damn sweet ride. :thumbup

Back