• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

If you need a single crown I have 2 Domains. 160mm and a 180mm both 1.5 steer tube.

PS. Had a Neurostim implanted over the winter. Didn't do shit. Actually caused more chaos. Had it pulled out 15 days later.

Finally on some good drugs for the F@#$ED up nerves. Cymbalta, Lyrica, Valume cocktail) that help the pain some but they don't do shit for the ligaments and tendons falling off though. Just found out that aside from the newest torn rotator cuff right (got the left one on 5/8/09, completely detached) that was supposed to be operated on end of this month, I now have to put that on hold so I can first reattach my left thumb to my hand. Aaaaaaaarrrrrggghhhh. My shit is just falling off :(

Need a 1-1/8 prolly a 66 or a totem, let me know if you come across anything. Do you have any stems? I want to try something with a tad more reach then the one i'm running. ( I think its only a 25degree x 50mm)

You had the external shocker when I picked up the bullit off ya. Give it a little time and they will be able to load ya up with some sick prosthesis action :party

Despite the fact that my legs were still fried from 14+ hours of Ironman Coeur D'Alene three weeks ago...

And my lack of hill training or mountain biking for the past three months...

And my the way my Cannondale backup bike wheelies instead of going forward with each pedal stroke...

I was able put it on the box with a 3rd place in Downieville :)

dville1.jpg

dville2.jpg

dville3.jpg

Way to go Mikey :thumbup :applause

sweeet

Despite the fact that my legs were still fried from 14+ hours of Ironman Coeur D'Alene three weeks ago...

And my lack of hill training or mountain biking for the past three months...

And my the way my Cannondale backup bike wheelies instead of going forward with each pedal stroke...

I was able put it on the box with a 3rd place in Downieville :)

Congrats, mang! :thumbup

Heading to DV friday for another solo ride. Sucky-ass friends need to "work". Pssh..

Congrats, mang! :thumbup

Heading to DV friday for another solo ride. Sucky-ass friends need to "work". Pssh..

I'll ride, ...... oh wait, ... I'm sick as dog :(
Oh, and my thumb is torn to shreds :(
Neveeeeeeerrrrr Miiiiiiiiiinnnddd!! :cry :cry

Fork Spring Needed

Does anyone have a spring I can borrow?

Either a new medium spring that will fit an '08 boxxer Race/team
or a soft spring that will fit in a Marzocchi 888 RC3 WC ???

Might buy if the price is right but will also trade or borrow???

12 x 150 rear wheel or hub

Anyone got something.
Looking for something VERY cheap.
Either a complete wheel or a 32 hole hub.

Right on, Mikey ! Getting on a podium in ANY sport is an awesome achievement !

How come you didn't use your IBIS?

Right on, Mikey ! Getting on a podium in ANY sport is an awesome achievement !

How come you didn't use your IBIS?

The Fox Fork wasn't working right (the travel adjust knob kept coming loose, dropping my available travel from 140mm to 100mm), I dropped my chain about 4 times on a pre-ride, and the rear suspension felt like it was sucking all my pedaling power.

I figured the Downieville race wasn't the place to experiment with my setup. I knew the Cannondale wasn't ideal, but I knew it worked - and it was good enough, but just four seconds :)

I'm thinking I might be faster on an XC race bike next year. While I descend significantly quicker than a friend of mine who summited almost 20 minutes faster than me, our times from the start of Sunrise to the finish line via the Pauley XC course were almost identical. I plan to keep the Ibis, but I'm wondering if I might be faster on a carbon fiber Cannondale Scalpel next year...

It'll be a fun series of experiments figuring out what the ideal mount is, that's for sure :)

maybe crank up the shock air pressure & add a bit more comp/reb damping?? or is it the design?

I think when Push valved the shock that came on his bike that they gave it minimal propedal dampening to make it more plush. Mojo works best on technical clmbing where it can suck up rocks and roots. For ultra efficient climbing you need a good propedal circuit and I bet that whoever had that Shock Pushed probably opted for more plushness over propedal.

Testing cam mount, needs better front view.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Onvfhn9ond8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Onvfhn9ond8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

maybe crank up the shock air pressure & add a bit more comp/reb damping?? or is it the design?

I was running a deep sag number on it for some plushness (around 27%), so more air pressure probably would have helped. I didn't feel like futzing with it so close to the race though.

Besides, it was kinda cool giving the Cannondale its last hurrah - that bike and I have done a lot together!

FOR SALE

2009 santa cruz nomad frame. white. xl

1.5 chris king headset. black on black. includes preloader

2009 rock shox lyrik solo air. 1.5 steerer cut to 9.5 inches.

2009 giant trance build kit. EVERYTHING from a 2009 trance x. im only keeping frame, shock, headset and seatpost clamp.

pm for pics and prices

Back