• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Apparently it was just random , he wasn't feeling well and it escalated. I myself just learned all of this from Doug last night.

:wow

I have not met Joe but have chatted and followed him on Barf

Can someone tell me what happened and how this began?

I hope he pulls thru ok

As it says in the blog, they're still trying to figure out the cause. In the meantime, it seems they're just treating the symptoms. But, there hasn't been an blog update in a week though, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

As it says in the blog, they're still trying to figure out the cause. In the meantime, it seems they're just treating the symptoms. But, there hasn't been an blog update in a week though, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Update today. Lookin a lot better :)

Last edited:
That IBIS needs its dirt cherry popped, it's too clean!

That IBIS needs its dirt cherry popped, it's too clean!

Heh, he popped it alright. Hey Cody, show pics of what that rock did to your frame at Auburn!

Heh, he popped it alright. Hey Cody, show pics of what that rock did to your frame at Auburn!

Just a few chips in the paint on the bottom of the bottom tube/bracket no biggie :cool Big ass sharp rock (size of 2 fists) flew up and knocked the crap outta my bike a few times before it decided to skip offf the side of the trail. Freakin Carbon is strong!

Attachments

• IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 71
Just a few chips in the paint on the bottom of the bottom tube/bracket no biggie :cool Big ass sharp rock (size of 2 fists) flew up and knocked the crap outta my bike a few times before it decided to skip offf the side of the trail. Freakin Carbon is strong!

Until it cracks :rofl :thumbdown

Rode Skeggs last Sunday morning.. .. great weather!

Is this a crazy upgrade?

I just had yet another birthday :bday

... and I got quite a bit of $ from family, and now I'm thinking about upgrading the front end of my Hardtail Jamis.

The frame was warranty replaced in 08 because of a headtube frame crack, and I had to buy a new disc wheel for the back - originally the late 2003 model bike had V Brakes ( still has a V brake front :|)

The 2010 Fox F series RLC FIT fork 15 QR just came out recently :drool and I have some connections to get a good deal (but they're still not that cheap!) on it.

That means a new fork, front brake set, new front wheel !!! Whoa $$$$$

I have ridden this bike with it's Marzocchi spring / oil fork since Jan 2004 putting on a little over 1000 miles / yr.

Is the ride quality change dramatic enough to justify the $ ? or are there some other possibilities?

V V V here's the current frame

Attachments

• 08_DURANGO3.jpg
    08_DURANGO3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
For what that fork costs you could probably just buy another bike and be happier overall.

Fox makes nice shit , it will definitely ride better. I haven't had a fork yet that is as smooth and plush as my Talas.

Back