• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

7 weeks after I broke my leg/dislocated my ankle at Northstar, I'm back to riding:teeth

1st week back and I'm looking at ~72-82 total miles of trail riding -- good stuff:cool

My 3 weeks on the stationary bike with a HR monitor really helped me transition back with ease (possibly even a bit stronger than pre-injury). The 40min sufferfests on the trainer with a sustained HR of 175-185 did its job:thumbup

The ligaments around the ankle seem to be getting stronger with each ride:) (No jumps/drops for another 3 weeks;))

My parting gifts:

Gnarly!! Looks sweet! :thumbup

I want to go to Northstar, but I don't want to go by myself. Maybe when you get all better, we can arrange a barf northstar trip. I hope Joe is doing well, too.

Anyone heard anything bout Harpo?

did you just offer me a bridgestone frame? :wtf

'cause i gots 2 pretty decent FS rigs.....:thumbup

;)
You know, I just cant throw it away, even though I got it free. It's needs some love but its a free frame and fork.

46? or 49?

As for Joe he's in PCU, moved from ICU. Looking good.

One of the best things you can do on a mountain bike while riding is keep a loose grip on your handlebars. For a lot of beginning mountain bikers, the temptation is to keep a death grip on the handlebars for fear of loosing your grip and going down. However, this is terrible for your riding and will hurt you worse in the long run.

One of the best things you can do on a mountain bike while riding is keep a loose grip on your handlebars. For a lot of beginning mountain bikers, the temptation is to keep a death grip on the handlebars for fear of loosing your grip and going down. However, this is terrible for your riding and will hurt you worse in the long run.

:orly

Last edited:
Bikes 4 sale

I have anything you want. New/used/built/unbuilt/build kits, ..... tell me what size you're looking for and how much suspension (or lack there-of) you want, how much $$ (give or take) you're looking to spend and we can make it happen.

Gimme a shout,
BFTD (back from the dead)
Joe
925 330 4820

I have anything you want.

OK -

I'm looking for a 26 front wheel built with Stan's ZTR Olympic 347 rim, superlight spokes/nipples and a 15mm hub, for less than $200

:laughing

you said anything, right?

Glad you're still kickin' Roxy

OK -

I'm looking for a 26 front wheel built with Stan's ZTR Olympic 347 rim, superlight spokes/nipples and a 15mm hub, for less than $200

:laughing

you said anything, right?

Glad you're still kickin' Roxy
Only have Stans ZTR FR/DH butt I can put i on a 15mm hub

I have anything you want. New/used/built/unbuilt/build kits, ..... tell me what size you're looking for and how much suspension (or lack there-of) you want, how much $$ (give or take) you're looking to spend and we can make it happen.

Gimme a shout,
BFTD (back from the dead)
Joe
925 330 4820

ooooh fook is he back :rolleyes :laughing

"oi, I want food. oi, I want ginger ale. oi, I want my fookin pc, oi, I want some shoes, oi, oi, oi oi"

bloody OI yourself Joe :p

ya know I love ya :kiss see ya later

/threadjack sorry

ooooh fook is he back :rolleyes :laughing

"oi, I want food. oi, I want ginger ale. oi, I want my fookin pc, oi, I want some shoes, oi, oi, oi oi"

bloody OI yourself Joe :p

ya know I love ya :kiss see ya later

/threadjack sorry
Oiiiiii

Oiiiiii

bloody hell, I aint deaf ya know :twofinger

ok, see you at around 2.30 so we can cart your arse home from that hospital thing. And no squeezing the nurses arses on the way out the door :shame :p

/threadjack again, sorry

I was curios... if I were to post up an Add to sell a Specialized Enduro SL, would this be a good place to do so or should I just take it to Craig's List?

Back