• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Holy god! I want the medium. Very sexy.

Very very good deals!!!!
Then buy it dude. Ohhhhh, ...Me sooooo Brooookeee!!!
1 month in the hospital cost lots of mulaaaaaaaa! :(

PS. Yes, I checked out the prices and made mine the cheapest ones I could find.

Last edited:
Do you guys know of some good trails around the south bay that I can ride. I've riden Los Gatos a few times but its getting boring?

Something with a little more excitement would be nice.

Do you guys know of some good trails around the south bay that I can ride. I've riden Los Gatos a few times but its getting boring?

Something with a little more excitement would be nice.

Beginner Trails:
Fremont Older = good combo of FR and flowy ST
Arastadero = Small park....lots of different types of trails
Saratogo Gap = pretty fun...'advanced' for a beginner...but it is beginer ;)
Quicksilver = all FR...good cardio/views
Canada Del Oro = couple lung busting hills
Alum Rock = Small park.....kinda fun...sorta

Intermediate (portions techy/hilly):
Santa Teresa = rocky ST...technical at speed....full sun exposed
Kennedy - Hill climb...4 miles 2K ascent. From the top you can drop down Priest Rock or Limekiln back into Los Gatos

Advanced:
Henry Coe = bring map and water filter......COPIOUS amounts of climbing....HUGE park (over 300 miles of ST and FR)....no chit

Outside the South Bay:
Wilder...and trails around Wilder ;)
Ft. Ord = AWESOME
Annadel in Santa Rosa = AWESOME
Downieville = great DH
Tahoe = 'nuff said

FR = Fire Road
ST = Single Track

Last edited:
and if you've noticed from the top of St. Joseph's as you look to the North (across Hwy 17) you can see trails cutting across the mountain - that's Monte Sereno park up there - start in Downtown Los Gatos, up to Overlook Rd then find Sheldon Rd. It's a very similar climb to Kennedy (not easy) and then you can go across and down Bohlman Rd into Saratoga. I dunno if you can call it "fun" but it's a workout ! Or do the same route in reverse

You can also go towards Mt Umunhm after you get to the top of Kennedy - that would be fairly "Adventurous"

Last edited:
Heart Rate Monitors

Hey all, I need a heart rate monitor. The 3 things I would like to accommodate are:
1) Around (or not much more than) $100
2) No chest strap
3) As user friendly as possible. I'm a technical idiot with a lacking short term memory so it has to be at least somewhat user friendly/intuitive.

I don't need a whole lot of bells and whistles but since my hospitalization I'm working with a resting heart-rate of around 80+ (used to be around 53 or 54) and probably less than 65% lung capacity. Really trying to avoid a heart attack until my lungs are stronger.

Hey all, I need a heart rate monitor. The 3 things I would like to accommodate are:
2) No chest strap
3) As user friendly as possible. I'm a technical idiot with a lacking short term memory so it has to be at least somewhat user friendly/intuitive.

Here ya go:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?u...keywords=Strapless+Heart+Rate+Monitor&x=0&y=0

I've personally only used the chest strap variety.....seems the strapless could give you 'jumpy' reading....totally guessing though ;)

No chest strap? They appear to be "finger touch" readers, which means not continuous, if you care about that.

After carefully considering everybody's opinions about upgrading my hardtail with a 2010 Fox 32 F100 RLC FIT Q15, a new ZTR 355 wheel and Avid Elixir brake

I decided to do it anyway :twofinger- rode it for the first time today, and it's awesome, what else can I say :party

Attachments

• smaller front wheel pic.jpg
    smaller front wheel pic.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
2) No chest strap

I don't need a whole lot of bells and whistles but since my hospitalization I'm working with a resting heart-rate of around 80+ (used to be around 53 or 54) and probably less than 65% lung capacity. Really trying to avoid a heart attack until my lungs are stronger.

Bought a lower end Polar at Sports Basement. About $65 out the door and I'll give it a test either tomorrow or Thursday depending on how the legs and lungs feel after the abuse I gave them today.

On the bright side, sitting on the couch my resting heart-rate got as low as 74 which is still pretty hi but every time I exercise it goes down a little bit so considering my resting rate was 96 a week ago, .... I must be doing something right, ... I hope. Definitely don't need no moe Pneumonia or comas. That shit sux :( :wow

We're riding Demo..

You can ride something else in SC:twofinger

what, too much climbing?:p

;)

Why go all the way to Santa Cruz and not ride the best trails?

And why try to race to get to the top of the climb, only to go slow on the way down :p

Back