• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I can't remember when I last rode my motorcycle.... I'm just having too much fun with this lil thing.:ride

jv0926090050.jpg

Anybody know how much air pressure you should run in a older Fox Float rear shock?

Totally depends on the bike it's on and that bikes rear suspension leverage ratio. All the manual will tell you is to set the sag (20-30%), which is a good guideline and maybe the the max pressure you can run.

Telling us what bike it is might help if someone here is familiar with that model. You can also try to check on MTBR for this kind of info. Otherwise, checking with the bike manufacturer is your next best option.

Anybody ride waterdog? Is it a new place? never hurd of it before.

was told it was a good mellow loop.

I use to ride scaggs and demo before I broke my arm.

Anybody ride waterdog? Is it a new place? never hurd of it before.

was told it was a good mellow loop.

I use to ride scaggs and demo before I broke my arm.

Excellent trail with lots of variety. Not too big, but lots of fun. Ride up finch and then get over to ride down rambler.

check passiontrailbikes.com for more trail info

I'm hitting Saratoga gap tomorrow. Hit me up if anyone wants to actually burn some calories using two wheels

I went up there late (just before it started getting dark) Saturday for the 2nd time, first time was years ago...

I'll have to try it more often as there are some obstacles along that trail that I'm not used to getting over!!

I also felt something funny on my upper back... thought it was just sweat but something was moving around more than once... then I reached back again and it was a tick looking to make a nice home in my back but I threw it off - I HATE ticks !!

Did the tick get a chance to burrow itself on your back??

Nope, it was still crawling around and hadn't latched on yet so I grabbed it with me hand...

What do y'all do when riding in tick infested areas? I guess I'll have to lather up with DEET AND sunscreen :|

Nope, it was still crawling around and hadn't latched on yet so I grabbed it with me hand...

What do y'all do when riding in tick infested areas? I guess I'll have to lather up with DEET AND sunscreen :|

Don't stop, I have been riding up at 4 corners for some time

Never came back with ticks

[youtube]MUol4meP9H4[/youtube]

Mountain biking on the big screen. Lance vs Wiens @ Leadville. October 22nd. Anyone else wanna check it out?

Damn I'm missing an endurance go kart race and now this because of mid terms....arrrrrghh

been building a bike. got some spare parts

for sale or trade.

non disk wheels. specailzed hubs / Zac19 hoops
brand new ProTaper bars.
white brothers fork. maybe 2002. only used on a few rides

DSCN0335.jpg

Finished it today

XC / Freeride bike. On a budget With some good shite.

Older FSR frame (2003) White brothers 5 inch fork, Chris King disk hubs, Race face headset, Thompson neck and post, Pro taper carbon bars, DH tires........

Visited my sister at Humboldt State this weekend. Coincidentally, I loaded my bike up for the trip and went 1 hour out of my way and stumbled upon a trail called Paradise Royale. Dumb luck I guess. So I figured I would ride it.

Let me just say :shocker

So well groomed, so much win packed into every inch of the trail. Amazing pump-happy first section, grueling climb (to be honest I hated it), a fooking roller coaster of a downhill with different options of how to attack it, and a calm XC section to finish the loop. Went solo and was probably the only human within a 6 mile radius. Ride it if you can.

Back