• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I have a skewer front. Do they come with an adapter and will they just bolt-on with one?
Beau, I have multiple set of wheels that will work depending on your needs.

All are hand-built 3x
Used but in Great shape:
DT Swiss 5.1D on XT Hubs
Ritchie OCR Disk (These probably are not hand built)

New:
Mavic 317 on XT Hubs
Mavic 823 on XT Hubs

And the mix and match set I mentioned before:
Stans ZTR Flow on DT Swiss 340 front and rear could be either a Mavic 325 or 223 depending on how burly you want.

Alex DKing is the only one here who is close to your size, so take that into account. Shimano makes really good pedals, I'd stay away from Crank Brothers with platforms, the eggbeaters are ok though.

:wtf 'cross was designed* for mud and muck and crappy weather......

* it's how the European roadies trained in the winter starting back in the 20's...that's how it all started...

For roadies, which eventually figured out mtn bikes. :laughing

f' being clipped in!! haha i'd surely be dead by now if i was clipped in.

i've had to abort my bike too many times and i fear i wouldn't be able to get unclipped in time...

here's my perp built up.. with nice flat pedals :)

perpin.jpg

i'll be riding in pacifica saturday with all my friends.. should get some action pics then!

i've had to abort my bike too many times and i fear i wouldn't be able to get unclipped in time...

here's my perp built up.. with nice flat pedals :)

i'll be riding in pacifica saturday with all my friends.. should get some action pics then!
Looks pretty sweet. Not familiar with that bike, how many inches travel in the rear? What classification is it. DH, FR, ...????

f' being clipped in!! haha i'd surely be dead by now if i was clipped in.

If I had the skills, I'd go with platforms. But since I don't, I depend on my SPDs to keep me from flying off the bike :)

Looks pretty sweet. Not familiar with that bike, how many inches travel in the rear? What classification is it. DH, FR, ...????

Rear is adjustable 7" to 8" changing some bolts fairly quickly. I keep it in the 8" mode. It's classified FR/light DH. Mick Hannah raced this bike in WC when he was helping to develop it... it's a do it all freeride bike.

Immortal... that bike is soooo sick.. Can I have? kthxbye.

haha, sure.. give me a couple couple thousand.

Yup.. Me too. I just fell over too many times with SPD's and CB's clipless. I decided to go Platforms + 5.10's . It just gives me more confidence. :nerd
You're problem isn't being clipped in, your problem is that you need a real bike. :teeth, .... Sorry 'bout the dig, ...
but it just so happens I'm building what could be the ultimate DH bike for you, ... size small. :thumbup

PS. I think there are about an even # of Pro DHers that ride clipped Vs not clipped. It's all about preference and what you are used to. And if you started off riding XC clipped in, it's a hard learning curve to make the switch away from being clipped in. I have definitely found that big platform pedals that you clip into provide the best of both worlds, ... IMHO :twofinger

Picked up the new toy: Fuji Cross Comp 61cm and ended up with Shimano XTR pedals just because my Lemond Revmaster spin bike and my mountain bike have SPD pedals and it would be a headache to either change cleats or change pedals all the time. Thanks for everyone's input btw... I know Performance gets a bad rap but I actually had a great experience with the Campbell store and the guy (Rob) took a good hour to fit me properly and measure everything out for me.

Pretty stoked with the Fuji - it's a relatively cheap entry level bike with some good components and some 'average' components. I guess first thing I'll need to change is the tires since I usually get grief from at least one of my buddies if I'm not rollin on Michelins... :laughing A good friend of mine will build me a set of wheels at some point since that's supposed to be one of the bike's weak points but since it will spend 90%+ on pavement I hope the stock ones will last a while. The crank is the only other weak point I've heard about, everything else on the bike is supposed to be good.

Now that I have a bike that fits me properly, I think I will end up spending a lot more time in the saddle! :thumbup

What is it? :teeth
2007 Iron Horse Sunday, Dhx 5 Coil, 2008 Boxxer World Cup, wheels undecided as I have many to choose from, x9 shifter, x9 SS derailleur, Race Face Daibolous (sp?) or Evolve DH cranks, E-13 or Gammot guide, Avid Code brakes, 2.7 (brand new) Bontrager tires, ....???? Everything is in spectacular condition and as always (everything I sell) Guaranteed)

Rear shock rebuild and new bearings have about 7 days on them. All new cables and housings.

It's not built yet but if you are interested I will get it built. If you take it, I'll let you try it out and see if you like it. If you don't, as long as it comes back as it left, I'll take it back and refund your $$.

My buddy has an 07 Marin East Peak, and its amazing!!! I fell in love with it when he let me ride it... Another buddy has an IronHorse MKIII... also hooked up and amazing!! Im jealous of u guys! hehe..

I have a mountain bike from Target... lol, but am getting really into it..any suggestions on a nice bike for around 500.00?? Me poor kid... Im sure used is the route to take.. but id like a full suspension.. I love the Marin and Ironhorse.. just wondering if anyone knows of a good cheap bike.. =D

2007 Iron Horse Sunday, Dhx 5 Coil, 2008 Boxxer World Cup, wheels undecided as I have many to choose from, x9 shifter, x9 SS derailleur, Race Face Daibolous (sp?) or Evolve DH cranks, E-13 or Gammot guide, Avid Code brakes, 2.7 (brand new) Bontrager tires, ....???? Everything is in spectacular condition and as always (everything I sell) Guaranteed)

Rear shock rebuild and new bearings have about 7 days on them. All new cables and housings.

It's not built yet but if you are interested I will get it built. If you take it, I'll let you try it out and see if you like it. If you don't, as long as it comes back as it left, I'll take it back and refund your $$.

Is it that Green and white sunday you were selling before? PM me with ballpark $$$ and I'll see if I can afford it (Gamut chain guide and Diabolous cranks, pls) :thumbup I know those Boxxer WC are $$$$

Do you take trade-ins? :rofl

Back