• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

man those front forks just gobble up those lips, you should get yourself a dirt jumper (hardtail) to grow some real hair on your chest :laughing

haha.. no thanks. i need full suspension for the crap i'm trying. i like dirt jumping, but freeriding/downhill is what i like the most.

short clip of the carlmont doubles....didn't think i'd be doing these anytime soon but they are easy now..

[youtube]yezTaWGW-Rg[/youtube]

haha.. no thanks. i need full suspension for the crap i'm trying. i like dirt jumping, but freeriding/downhill is what i like the most.

short clip of the carlmont doubles....didn't think i'd be doing these anytime soon but they are easy now..
Looks kule. I'm too old and broken to miss even one of those.
1 gap short = Broken Joe :( :thumbdown

Looks kule. I'm too old and broken to mess even one of those.
1 gap short = Broken Joe :( :thumbdown

Joe,

I am with you I am getting to the BIG 40 and after healing for a year from the old shoulder surgery I am not getting any younger

And the real bad thing is Carlmont is right down the street from me

But I also am more into the DH freeride thing and skyline suits me just fine
:ride

By the way I did order a new Contour VholdR 1080 camera today so stay tuned for new videos this summer if it lasts :thumbup

[youtube]yezTaWGW-Rg[/youtube]

:applause:party Awesome!! You'll feel right at home at N*/Whistler:)

Keep me posted next time you hit up Carlmont. My DHR needs a shakedown.

:applause:party Awesome!! You'll feel right at home at N*/Whistler:)

Keep me posted next time you hit up Carlmont. My DHR needs a shakedown.

doh, i was there today with my friend pat and danny. danny was taking some pics... it was a good day :)
thinking can i do it:
kurtcarlmontmed1.jpg

woot:
kurtcarlmontmed2.jpg

kurtcarlmontmed3.jpg

kurtcarlmontmed4.jpg

my friend pat:

patcarlmonthip1.jpg

patcarlmonthip2.jpg

patcarlmontmed2.jpg

one of the drops:
kurtcarlmontdrop.jpg

bullwinkle jumps:
kurtcarlmontbull1.jpg

kurtcarlmontbull2.jpg

patcarlmontbull1.jpg

i crashed after that last session there and decided to call it quits cause i banged my shoulder up, plus pat's front tire went flat.. shoulder is fine now, i was wearing armor :)

Last edited:
Bike sale Spam.

Got a Harpo deal on a Enduro,
So my Large Intense 5.5 is for sale
Manitou suspension, Full XT and FSA carbon. Mavic Crosstrail UST wheels.
Full suspension service just done and bike is dialed.

and since i can't talk about crashing all the time and never show you guys :D
two examples haha...

couple days ago:
[youtube]gDmaJEBoUNY[/youtube]

and today:
[youtube]DgGivk2SKMk[/youtube]

Jumping that stuff with all you appendages is ballsy enough,
but without a leg!!
Seriously.... this makes me hold my manliness in question.

your buddy is a superhero

another clip.. this was a week or two ago:

[youtube]wmZwW63PbKo[/youtube]

Jumping that stuff with all you appendages is ballsy enough,
but without a leg!!
Seriously.... this makes me hold my manliness in question.

your buddy is a superhero

haha he gives me good advice and pushes me to get better. i am trying to find a sponsor for him to get on a full suspension bike so he can go even farther.

and since i can't talk about crashing all the time and never show you guys :D
two examples haha...
couple days ago:
Dude, I gotzta know, ... how old are you?
Only asking because I used to do ballsy S#!@ like that as well but all I know now is that one crash like that definitely means another torn ligament/tendon and another 6 months incapacitated.
All the power to ya bro. Wish I could still do crazy stuff like that and survive the learning curve and/or occasional get-off. :cry

Oh, and what Greg said, ... DITTO!!! Your one legged buddy is a F@#$EN SUPER HERO and please tell him we all said that. :thumbup

Backwards angle not nearly as cool as others.
Definitely dig the musical selection though. NIN ????? (name of tune???)

yeah NIN - the becoming off the 'still' cd of "And all that could have been" album.

i know it's not as cool - but my front cam got knocked by a tree and the view is garbage, and i loaned my other HD cam to my buddy behind me.. he crashes a couple times lol maybe i should post it....

Dude, I gotzta know, ... how old are you?
Only asking because I used to do ballsy S#!@ like that as well but all I know now is that one crash like that definitely means another torn ligament/tendon and another 6 months incapacitated.
All the power to ya bro. Wish I could still do crazy stuff like that and survive the learning curve and/or occasional get-off. :cry

Oh, and what Greg said, ... DITTO!!! Your one legged buddy is a F@#$EN SUPER HERO and please tell him we all said that. :thumbup

26 turn 27 later in this year... it's ballsy but it's really kinda easy once you see what to do for certain things, and certain control you start to get on a bike. i think mountain biking takes way more skill than riding the track. it's different, i dunno, just my opinion. riding is crazy if you look at it in an aspect for risk of injury/ballsy.. getting run over by a grandma is not ballsy, but it's risky too.

i am retired from riding motorcycles, so this is the next best thing i can do i might as well enjoy it while i can cause it gets my heart pumping like nothing else when i clear huge jumps like that for the first time. i'm getting injuries but it's just some bruises and sprains.. nothing serious like i'd encounter entering the AFM like i wanted to... i know i would end up going down racing on the track and when i lost my job & bike i took it as a sign to give up the riding while i was still ahead. i have video of myself tumbling unconscious off the track and laying face down for a good bit.. i have a good solid muscle core to not break my bones so easily and i usually crash MUCH better than i did today (i usually throw the bike off, i froze up today though).

i'll let him know he got some props from barf :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember the feeling of casing jumps like that on a BMX bike...Feels like your hands and ankles are exploding...
Thank GOD for(Long Travel) full suspension nowadays:thumbup:party

Back