• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Can someone e-mail me or PM me if there's going to be a tech-day? I want to change out my chain, get the clicking out of my bottom bracket, swap to riser bars, and I might need to buy new brakelines to fit the riser bars.

JnglstTICAL said:
Dude, yeah, give me a call dude! I can ride tomorrow morning (thursday). I rode twice this week already, I'm feelin good!

Everyone else rides tooooo damn early on the weekends, don't you know the rest of us hooligans party late fri/sat night, thus making it impossible to be in the east bay by 8:30 am!! :twofinger

I'll ride with you guys tomorrow morning. Just let me know when and where.

squidhunter said:
I'll ride with you guys tomorrow morning. Just let me know when and where.

Dude I wish I read your post earlier. Calvin, Kathy and I had a good ride through St. Josephs. I even had the opportunity to show Calvin and Kathy and to change out a flat tire (snake bite :blush )

What's your class schedule? I'll keep that in mind and get you to drag my lazy arse out in the mornings

Last edited:
I dont start classes again till Jan 3. Then I should be able to ride anytime on Fridays or possibly afternoons during the rest of the week, depending on how much work I have to do. If your reading this Cal, we still need to hit the trails sometime...whenever your ready.

anyone want to do SDF tomorrow, say meet at the Summit store at 2?

Can't make it - Got work.

How would you get up to the ridge trail? Climb Sulpher?

Nice day yesterday!!

No rain!! sun

went for a 30mile road ride( road-bicycle), felt great to Flick of cagers and waive down, fellow motorcyclists again.

(didn't totally flick of the cager- In thought, and theory though)

Have good rides peoples

Last edited:
OK Guys,
Fess up!!
What forks do you have on your mtn. bikes, and how do you feel about them???

I'm needing forks and am in a serious quandary.:wtf

I think Supergo is having a clearance on all their 04 forks if you dont mind driving down to Mountainview. Probably the best prices around right now without having to mailorder.
Just find a fork that you like and is in your price range, check out the reviews on mountain bike review, buy, install, and go terrorize local woodland creatures.

Jew's Ride On Christmas

Calling out to all Jews, Agnostics, Atheists and any other sacrilegious scoundrels that don't give a :twofinger about Christmas and want to go for a mtn. bike ride.

Lemme know, I'm itchin' ta ride.

I just found some new trails behind Carlmont High Scholl in Belmont. Pretty good stuff mostly DH with some jumps and real technical sections small but a good time. Not for the beginner.

Wednesday Ride (Dec 22) Early Morning...

Saratoga Gap (basic loop GAP-HICKS-LONG RIDGE-PTER's CREEK *about 1 hour) - if you got time or wanna ride - come through.

Last edited:
Love to go but have ice hockey then work - maybe in the after noon. Might hit that place in Belmont Massive / Harpo if your interested and up for the challenge but beware it has some dangerous stuff there ----> safety pads required !!

A Jews Final Plea!!

Come on, Someone's gotta wanna ride on Christmas day with a small, angry, bald, non Jesus celebrating superJew.

Oh, and at this point if it's a "pads required" kinda ride, I should probably pass.' Trying to make it through the winter in one piece. :thumbup

No problemo there Harpo they we're saying you were the DH guy so I figured you might be up for it, I'll get some pic for you guys later this week. I'll ride on xmas - I'm no winnie. How long does it take to tear through some gifts anyways???? The reason I say pads required is it had some stuff that took me a minute to do a couple thing there - a 2 foot verticle drop to 10 foot roll -- to 10 gap jump over prickel bushes. I made it, but nosed the landing, if your into jumping this is the place. But if you crash ooooooooouuuuuuuuccccccccchhhhh! lots of very nice sharp little rocks to slow you down. Very nice on the skin at speed !!!
But like they say pain is temporary - Glory is forever !!!

Last edited:
EC70 said:
No problemo there Harpo they we're saying you were the DH guy so I figured you might be up for it, I'll get some pic for you guys later this week. I'll ride on xmas - I'm no winnie. How long does it take to tear through some gifts anyways???? The reason I say pads required is it had some stuff that took me a minute to do a couple thing there - a 2 foot verticle drop to 10 foot roll -- to 10 gap jump over prickel bushes. I made it, but nosed the landing, if your into jumping this is the place. But if you crash ooooooooouuuuuuuuccccccccchhhhh! lots of very nice sharp little rocks to slow you down. Very nice on the skin at speed !!!
But like they say pain is temporary - Glory is forever !!!
All right dude! So does this mean we are mtn. biking on Christmas day? Where? Details???

PS. If I see you going through something that looks like I need pads to get through, .......... I'll just walk it;)

Back