• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

squidhunter said:
EC70..
Are those pics from Auburn, or some secret playground somewhere?
Either way, it looks like fun, somday I may even grow the balls to let some light shine under my tires.

That place is in San Carlos, its behind Carlmont High School
The guy at the bike shop I goto Woodside and he told me about it a while ago and drew me a map but I lost it and found the map just the other day and it turns out to be a pretty bad ass place. There are som big doubles and a couple ladder drops to keep it interesting. I'm off work all week and hoping it stays clear out I'll be riding there during the week if anyones interested :teeth

Harpo said:
Like pulling F!@#EN teeth trying to get you guys to ride, or even return phone calls for that matter.

Jeff (and whoever else) I'm free to ride Christmas morning. I have plans in the afternoon. If you want to ride give me a call. Jeff, you do understand what give means call means, right? :wtf

Harpo - Last minute shopping and family get togethers have got me locked up.

Still waiting to see if there's time to ride tomorrow if not Sunday I'm free!!

Anyone, up for Sunday?

You must have just started to hang out with Jeff...

:rolleyes :twofinger

I hear there are some good trail out in Pacifica, DH of corse ?
You know of any Massive???

I'm free Sunday, Let's ride!!!
I rode a little bit yesterday right out my door and up to Briones. Lots of hill climbing. A few miles easy. I'm having trouble with my new forks. I definitely need to have somebody ride my bike and me ride theirs to see if I can get something figured out. I just spent waaaaaaaaaaaayy too much F!#$EN money for that fork for it to feel this shitty. Glad I didn't try and keep up with anyone yesterday on it. I would have killed myself.

OH, and PS.
Merry Christmas you non-Jew fukkers :twofinger :laughing :laughing

I want to get dirty. I have a lil time off this week. Where are some decent places that wont get too thrashed if I ride in the rain/mud (in the south bay)?? Hyper? MA?

GAP wouldn't be too bad... Let me know if you wanna hit it tomorrow morning.... I'll be down to get a lil dirty...

Weather like this takes some motivation.

JnglstTICAL said:
I want to get dirty. I have a lil time off this week. Where are some decent places that wont get too thrashed if I ride in the rain/mud (in the south bay)?? Hyper? MA?

Rockville Park is the only place I know where you can hit all technical singletrail and not get a lot mud on your face.

I was out at wilder ranch Sunday morning and got caught in a little downpour. My bike needs some work before I can get out there again but I might be down for Thursday morning if you are?

Just give me a call if you don't see me online. I'm not going to be checking email or anything much this week so I probably won't see a pm or any new posts here

Ick. I have Friday and Sunday off this week, and both look pretty crappy as far as the weather goes :(

Downieville this spring!

I hope you guys got a chance to ride yesterday, it will be raining for the next few days. I'm going to give the weather :twofinger
It was a litte soupy yesterday.

:(

1487520-weather.gif

Indoor Mountain Bike Park

Yeah - with this kind of weather, it would be nice. They're building one in Sacramento:

http://www.theskillsfactory.com

It's supposed to be similar to the one in Cleveland:

http://www.theskillsfactory.com

Some video:

http://www.raysmtb.com/video.html

Now, I'm not the freeride type who would sacrifice open trails for this sort of stuff. But it would probably be a lot of fun in its own way, and help me build skills to handle tougher parts of places like Northstar or Braille.

I'm thinking a weekend trip is in order next summer, doing some combination of this place, Downieville, and Northstar :)

1487552-raysmtb.jpg

EC70 said:

It was a litte soupy yesterday.

Sure was... St. Joes was pretty good until we hit the crest of the hill.

Tire went from a 2.3 to 2.6 in a matter of seconds.

You take any pics Tical?

Back