• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I'm thinking we should hit Skegg's point in the hills 4 miles north of Alices on Skyline and I think we could set up a shuttle system for a couple trails that I don't like to climb. I am a DH'er by nature
If that's cool otherwise I'm open to suggentions. Maybe sometime after 1'sh I have to drop a friend off at SF airport at about noon and could meet you up there after that.

EC70 said:
I'm thinking we should hit Skegg's point in the hills 4 miles north of Alices on Skyline and I think we could set up a shuttle system for a couple trails that I don't like to climb. I am a DH'er by nature
If that's cool otherwise I'm open to suggentions. Maybe sometime after 1'sh I have to drop a friend off at SF airport at about noon and could meet you up there after that.
Hmmmmm, I really want to go but, 1) I was hoping to go a little bit earlier (but I could probably deal) and 2) Dude, I am all about the up-hills. If I spend the whole day doing nothing but going down the hills I will end up coming home in a body-bag. (well, .... or at least a cast) I mean I'll hit some downhill stuff but I like to balance it out with some cardio. (Usually SERIOUS cardio) Just ask Mr. Crash. He'll vouch for that. ;) :laughing :laughing

It sounds like we looking for 2 different things, I have a 35 pound bike that has a 34 gear up front - no grannie gear mind you and I dont mind going up the hills but I'd rather go down them. Skeggs is a good place its technical but not death defyning like that other place I have been speaking of and what you down you must ride up. I just hate those hills they go forever. I play hockey for cardio. Maybe next time

EC70 said:
It sounds like we looking for 2 different things, I have a 35 pound bike that has a 34 gear up front - no grannie gear mind you and I dont mind going up the hills but I'd rather go down them. Skeggs is a good place its technical but not death defyning like that other place I have been speaking of and what you down you must ride up. I just hate those hills they go forever. I play hockey for cardio. Maybe next time
Deal!!
We'll hook up sometime but I really want to get some cardio and my bike is basically an all new set up that I need to get used to/dialed in before I spend the better part of a ride barreling downhill chasing a mad man (I say that in the most complimentary type of way) on a 34 pond down-hill bike. Next time:thumbup

EC70 said:
No problemo there Harpo they we're saying you were the DH guy so I figured you might be up for it...

I've always thought of Harpo as the Uphill Guy.

I want to see a Harpo vs. Tepotter climbing showdown. Both of those guys climb like monkeys on crack. Skeggs sometime? I hear a lot of it is closed off during the wet season...

It sounds like we looking for 2 different things, I have a 35 pound bike that has a 34 gear up front

Sounds like the rig Jeff Tigert took up to Soquel Demo last time we went there. He was on a Foes Fly with platform pedals. I'm game for another trip to SDF in the next couple of weeks :)

35 lbs actually doesn't sound too bad for a downhill rig!

Harpo said:
If I spend the whole day doing nothing but going down the hills I will end up coming home in a body-bag. (well, .... or at least a cast)

If you really mean that, then maybe Northstar isn't such a good idea next summer ;)

I just did both sides of China Camp yesterday, and am heading to Auburn after breakfast. Like I said earlier - if my snowboarding plans for X-mas don't pan out, we'll get some riding in, somewhere!

- Mike

Last edited:
Windy but Fun

Calvin - Nice ride today... DH with a combination of climbing still gives plenty of cardio.

:teeth

Tical jams now!!

Till the next ride.

Last edited:
Just got Friday (Christmas Eve Day) off from work.
Who wants to ride?????

Yeah jeff, today was pretty decent! I may be around for a ride tomorrow, I have a few appointments in the morning, and have a few hours at work bout 3ish, so count me in as a maybe for now...

Auburn positively ruled today :)

2300 feet of climbing, 11 miles of riding, and countless awe inspiring views from the top of the Auburn ravine. Fast, smooth singletrack. Slow, rutted singletrack. Jumps, rock gardens, tunnels - Auburn has it all!

MrCrash907 said:
Auburn positively ruled today :)

2300 feet of climbing, 11 miles of riding, and countless awe inspiring views from the top of the Auburn ravine. Fast, smooth singletrack. Slow, rutted singletrack. Jumps, rock gardens, tunnels - Auburn has it all!
Call out sick!!! We need to ride tomorrow. (Friday)

so I think I need a tour of Auburn...

Here are a couple of pictures from the other day. Enjoy
This is a picture of the roll-ins

1479935-dropins.jpg

Ths one will take a while to get up the cahona's 6 to 8 foot drop to setup for a good 10 to 12 foot jump

1479947-doubledrop.jpg

And they have a drop to a couple nice stepup jumps as well

1479949-stepupjumps.jpg

Last edited:
Today is such a nice day to ride. It's a shame that I have to work today.

Like pulling F!@#EN teeth trying to get you guys to ride, or even return phone calls for that matter.

Jeff (and whoever else) I'm free to ride Christmas morning. I have plans in the afternoon. If you want to ride give me a call. Jeff, you do understand what give means call means, right? :wtf

EC70..
Are those pics from Auburn, or some secret playground somewhere?
Either way, it looks like fun, somday I may even grow the balls to let some light shine under my tires.

Back