• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

MassiveAttack said:
LOL - what happened to... "I'm cutting back"

:laughing :p

1488668-1488144-dirtytrek.jpg

hey what are you my girlfriend?? :twofinger and I said after new years!!!

can you still get to the Braille and saw pit trails from summit road with the close of Nisene marks.

jroymcd said:
can you still get to the Braille and saw pit trails from summit road with the close of Nisene marks.

Sure. You can either climb one of the trails inside Demo to the top, or use the "illegal" fire roads that go through Nisene Marks.

slowpoke said:
Can fat, outta shape guys who haven't ridden a bike in 2 years come?

i also have just started to ride again after a few years and am in bad shape. maybe us out of shape guys should get together and take are bikes for a walk :laughing give me a month or two and i will keep up with the rest. ;)

jroymcd said:
i also have just started to ride again after a few years and am in bad shape. maybe us out of shape guys should get together and take are bikes for a walk :laughing give me a month or two and i will keep up with the rest. ;)
Just Make sure not to let Valgar ride to closely be hind you. I heard he brings his gerbil out with him.:wow

jroymcd said:
so those are the fire roads they banned, lame

Yeah, those are the ones. Only the bottom part of Nisene Marks is open to bikes, but not the parts we need to get to Demo. Hopefully the ruling will be overturned. Last weekend there was someone at Demo getting everyone to sign a petition for the powers that be to appeal the decision. I dont know much beyond that, but if anyone knows of how we can be kept up to date on the subject, posting it here would be good.

squidhunter said:
Yeah, those are the ones. Only the bottom part of Nisene Marks is open to bikes, but not the parts we need to get to Demo. Hopefully the ruling will be overturned. Last weekend there was someone at Demo getting everyone to sign a petition for the powers that be to appeal the decision. I dont know much beyond that, but if anyone knows of how we can be kept up to date on the subject, posting it here would be good.

It's very lame... Climbing up Sulpher is a biatch.

Funny I washed my bike the other day just to get more mud on it yesterday.

jroymcd said:
so whats the fine if you do ride the fireroad?

Dont know, as of last weekend, there were no signs posted, and I've never seen a ranger. I wont condone breaking the law, but I dont think the fine would be all that high, and you could probably get off by claiming ignorance...If you get caught.

going to Demo sunday rain or shine. the ground there is pretty hard packed and has good run off. good place to ride when its wet out

how is china loops during the wet weather? thinki9ng about going there on monday morning.

China Camp wasn't so bad last time I did it after the rain. There's a fair amount of rock embedded in the trail on the frontside that keeps it pretty solid. The backside isn't too bad either - the erosion on the poached downhill chutes has made them a lot easier to clean.

As rough as the weather has been, I wouldn't be surprised if the singletrack is blocked by fallen trees in numerous locations. One of the fun short chutes at the top I normally hit has been shut down by a fallen tree, and I've had to climb around a few other ones in the years I've ridden there.

joyride, do you come down Braille when it's wet out? I struggled to find anything resembling traction in a few muddy sections of Braille - it was enough to convince me to steer clear until it dried out.

Back