• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Where do you guys stay when you go to Downieville? I'm up for camping if there are showers...if not, are they any cheap motels? (I don't remember seeing any when passing through on moto trips)

Thinking about going this weekend for the first time. :teeth

OOoo what an awesome thread I've stumbled upon!

Good timing too; I was wondering if anyone had any trail suggestions in South Lake Tahoe. I'm going to be up there for labor day weekend, and I've been interwebs searching and book browsing for some trail suggestions but would LOVE some feedback from anyone that's actually been!

I've been mtbing since last year, I have a sweet Cannondale hardtail, and I ride Santa Teresa Park 4-5 times a week. I live for the climb up Bernal, am only slightly petrified when going downhill and enjoy long walks on the beach.

Anyone got any feedback? Heard that the Powerline Loop trail is a nice moderate level start, but is there anything slightly similar to the trails at STP?

http://highsierra.com/highsierra/Lake_Tahoe_Outdoor_Mountain_Biking.htm

Havent checked this thread in awhile but I'm glad I did! Classic!

I've crashed moto's at 130+ and I'm certain it wasn't as bad as that dude getting nailed by the truck.

Hmmm, do you realize if that was a Celica (like mine) and not a truck, he probable would have wrecked the car, killed the passenger and walked away. :wtf Just a thought

Conversion Crown Race

Does anyone have a Cane Creek XX 1.5 to 1.125 conversion crown race by chance?!?!?!?
Need it yesterday:|
Looks like this.

It's a $10 part I'll give you $20 bux for before Sunday otherwize I won't need it..
Thanks.
J-

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    65 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Does anyone have a Cane Creek 1.5 to 1.125 conversion crown race by chance?!?!?!?
Need it yesterday:|
Looks like this.

It's a $10 part I'll give you $20 bux for before Sunday otherwize I won't need it..
Thanks.
J-
I'll look tomorrow. If I have 1 I will give it to you and you can just replace it for me 'cause if I do have it I'll eventually need it. Call me and remind me sometime before 12 noon. I'll PM U My #

I'll look tomorrow. If I have 1 I will give it to you and you can just replace it for me 'cause if I do have it I'll eventually need it. Call me and remind me sometime before 12 noon. I'll PM U My #

I just bought a Trek Mountain Bike, I was scared to shit riding that thing not being used to them and rideing motorcycles for so long, But I love it and cant wait to get out and ride some dirt and rock trails

Does anyone have a brake disk for a Shimano centerlock 800 hub, .... or an adaptor that will let me run a 6 bolt disk???? :)

Everybody needs to see this!!!!

This friggen kid (now young adult) stands right up there with Rossi on the "God given [or whom ever you believe in] natural ability" podium.

1st crack at it and he breaks the damn record.
Watch the video, not as kule as Ken Block video but if Ken Block screws up, .... he doesn't plummet to his death.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/13/video-watch-travis-pastranas-run-up-mt-washington/

Thinking about heading up to N* for a day trip on Saturday.
Hate driving alone. Anyone interested in joining me???????? :teeth

That doesn't sound to bad
How are the conditions?
Weather says nothing about rain but cloudy all day and then rain moving in on Sunday.

I only want to go up and ride Saturday and come home Sat. night.
Gimme a call.

N*

Anyone down for Sat. Oct. 2nd?
I'm going up for the day, home that night.
Lemme know.
J-

Small angry superJew will be at the * on Saturday. Look for a dwarf on a red M6 with a blue/white Remedy helmet and say hi. Lets do some runs while my body is still holding together. :teeth

Anyone down for Sat. Oct. 2nd?
I'm going up for the day, home that night.
Lemme know.
J-

i might be in! i'll let you know sometime in the week.. depends if my knee heals up or not.

Back