• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Skiing/Boarding Saturday, ...ANYONE!!

Looking for someone to take a day trip on Saturday to hit the slopes.
Anyone up for a day trip. I have 4wd and can drive.

ANYONE????????

Can anyone of you gear heads recommend a good complete tool kit? I want to start working on my own bikes. Park Tools are a bit out of my price range. I have some things, but not a complete tool kit. Anyone?:toothless

Can anyone of you gear heads recommend a good complete tool kit? I want to start working on my own bikes. Park Tools are a bit out of my price range. I have some things, but not a complete tool kit. Anyone?:toothless
Keep watching the "Performance" website and wait until they have the kit you want for the price you are willing to pay. That's how I started and then slowly you add the other bits and pieces as you go along as well as upgrading some of the cheaper/crappier bits.

PS. I might get flack for saying this but I'm not in love with Park tools as a whole. They have some really good tools but some of them suck. Also, not a huge fan of the (very expensive) portable Park stand I have.
Pedros makes some really good tools and some of them are probably cheaper than Park.

Also, the one Park tool that is a must have and will not come with most kits that Performance has is the x-ternal BB cup removal tool. The Park socket type is the nicest one I have used thus far.

getting ready for a plunge run

[youtube]Id53_lYgiUU[/youtube]

Man that brings back memories. We use to 4x(mass start at the top, first one down to the road crossing winz!) race down the plunge. :rofl Those where some interesting crashes... :rofl Way back in 2006 I believe.

Last edited:
Riding/Skiing

Anyone wanna play hooky tomorrow (Monday 12/13) and go riding in Auburn or skiing (boarding) at Sugarbowl???????.. :teeth :thumbup

I think there is a thread in the KS about that kind of thing. Peeps get mad when you call in sick when you're not really sick!

Here's to them :twofinger bishes!

I did my Santa Claus thing this past Saturday - building bikes for kids... I could only put together one an hour :p So I managed to get Four built. Every single bike had the bearings set way too tight - front wheel, back wheel, steering and cranks and I'm picky so I think the kiddos will be getting some reasonable quality! www.turningwheelsforkids.org

F/S Fox Float 36 RC2 Forks - 160mm

These are the top of the line Fox Floats at 160mm 6.3.in of travel.

They have been used and have scratches on the forks as well as a scratch on each stanchion. The stanchions scratches have been filled and sanded. I used these forks for a year with the scratches with NO performance loss.

Without the scratches they go for $500ish, with I'll sell for $300ish.

I can't say enough about how good these forks are. Rebound, high/low speed compression, Air adjustable preload.... plush and able to take some serious abuse.

I would keep, but I'm getting a deal on a 180mm (7in) fork that I can't pass up.

Buyers choice whether they want new seals and oil installed or a discount.

Attachments

• fork1.jpg
    fork1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 57
  • fork2.jpg
    fork2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 64
Boarding/Skiing

Anyone wanna brave the storm and head to the hills this weekend???

CAN YOU SAY P O W D E R ! ! ! ! !

Last edited:
just got a bike with the rock shox torra 318. Anybody know about how much air pressure would be close for a 200 pound rider?

just got a bike with the rock shox torra 318. Anybody know about how much air pressure would be close for a 200 pound rider?

Enough to achieve appropriate sag.

Rider Weight Tora Solo Air
< 140 (63kg) 80-100psi
140 - 160 (63-72 kg) 100-120psi
160 - 180 (72-81 kg) 120-140psi
180 - 200 (81-90 kg) 140-160psi
>220 (99 kg) 180+psi

Enough to achieve appropriate sag.

Rider Weight Tora Solo Air
< 140 (63kg) 80-100psi
140 - 160 (63-72 kg) 100-120psi
160 - 180 (72-81 kg) 120-140psi
180 - 200 (81-90 kg) 140-160psi
>220 (99 kg) 180+psi

I usually go by sag, and adjust as needed. Most recommended pressure for forks/shocks are usually higher for me...but then again I'm 118lbs:twofinger

hey selling my yeti as-x and blkmrkt riot posted in grab bag section but pm me if you all have any questions or want to make an offer :)

Back