• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Funny how XC has become the red headed bastard child of MTB. DH is all fun and glory no hard work and pain (well except for the broken bones!). Except for Roxy and Harpo of course they would pedal a harley to the top of Downieville if they thought it would be fun to descend.

I think a barf Downieville camping extravangaza is in order for this spring.
Though I am really slow on my skinny tired minimal suspension albiet good brakes bike on the downhill. Tho Downieville ain't Northstar.

I think a barf Downieville camping extravangaza is in order for this spring.
Though I am really slow on my skinny tired minimal suspension albiet good brakes bike on the downhill. Tho Downieville ain't Northstar.

Hey, talk with Rox and Sonny and try and set it up when they are not at a race and I'll definitely be in, ....... Ahhhhhhh, ......Hmmmmmm Well, I'll be in as long as I can keep my other (last) ACL attached :(

Funny how XC has become the red headed bastard child of MTB. DH is all fun and glory no hard work and pain (well except for the broken bones!). Except for Roxy and Harpo of course they would pedal a harley to the top of Downieville if they thought it would be fun to descend.

Hey, I always wanted a "red headed stepchild (bastard child) of my own,"
I just never planned on naming her XC :laughing :rofl :twofinger

Too much push-a-bike in DH. I just want to get out and ride :)

i rode a 2011 demo and i want to get one :eek: i want a full on DH bike..

Really , I thought you were more of a hucker than a DH'r. The Demo 8 is on my shortlist of frames to get but I think i'd rather have a Transition TR250. O well , that Banshee is sick. I just sold my bullit and got a turner highline otherwise I would be takin a look. :ride

Anyone who has ever raced DH knows it IS a lot of hard work ;)

My V10 is my new XC rig :teeth

Too much push-a-bike in DH. I just want to get out and ride :)

Who said there's no pedaling involved in DH:)

:laughing

All I gotta say is FR/DH is a different kind of fun:party

Who said there's no pedaling involved in DH:)

:laughing

All I gotta say is FR/DH is a different kind of fun:party

I'm with Roxy. Follow us for a full day at NorthStar, (assuming you don't fall and get hurt :twofinger) Let me know what you feel like at the end of the day.
I assure you, you wont feel like you got cheated out of any exercise. :thumbup

A definite advantage of lifting weights. The hand stay good all day :)

I climb and started doing weights again, it was the arm pump that got me most of the time. Got different brakes and did some lever adjusting since then that seemed to help. I'm sure whippin every jump doesnt really help :rofl

I need to work on core strength exercises , without question tis where im lacking most.

I climb and started doing weights again, it was the arm pump that got me most of the time. Got different brakes and did some lever adjusting since then that seemed to help. I'm sure whippin every jump doesnt really help :rofl

I need to work on core strength exercises , without question tis where im lacking most.

LOL

curls, reverse curls, anything that puts pressure on your forearms when you are lifting helps big-time. And yes, climbing is awesome for arm strength and to reduce arm pump:thumbup

LOL that bike is a fatt DH bike!! love the XC part! wish I could balls it out that way! ...Thats why Im in LOVE with me Nomads! there light, look sexy, and pivot like cloud!

BTW, on a more serious note.. We are still trying to figure out an awsome way to spend the memorial fund for Mark Reynolds. He was the man behind Wicked Racin and passed away at the SEO competing in the DH race. His wife has wanted to get some more ideas so she and the family can make a decision. Mark was inspirational and a Class act for the whole Mtn Bike community. He is missed everyday and we would like to memorilize him in the best way. He loved UCSC and love DEMO so keeping it local we were thinking about naming a trail in those areas after him &/or creating a trail in honor of him. He lived life to the fullest and alwasy had his "Go Big or go Cross-Country" style. I know you BARF'rs love to ride mtn bikes aswell so any ideas or avenues would be a great help. Thanks and keep Living it Up! Feel free to Pm me any information or ideas and/or ill keep my eyes on this thread as I have continued to do for some time now! ..ALso, fyi: Mark first started creating the DUalRailleur chain guide system after he dropped a chain competing in one of the Downiville Races, where he was leading the race.. After that, he created molds and prototypes, then it went all the way up to Syncros/Ritchey, whom we are still trying to work something out with.

BTW, on a more serious note.. We are still trying to figure out an awsome way to spend the memorial fund for Mark Reynolds. He was the man behind Wicked Racin and passed away at the SEO competing in the DH race. His wife has wanted to get some more ideas so she and the family can make a decision. Mark was inspirational and a Class act for the whole Mtn Bike community. He is missed everyday and we would like to memorilize him in the best way. He loved UCSC and love DEMO so keeping it local we were thinking about naming a trail in those areas after him &/or creating a trail in honor of him. He lived life to the fullest and alwasy had his "Go Big or go Cross-Country" style. I know you BARF'rs love to ride mtn bikes aswell so any ideas or avenues would be a great help. Thanks and keep Living it Up! Feel free to Pm me any information or ideas and/or ill keep my eyes on this thread as I have continued to do for some time now! ..ALso, fyi: Mark first started creating the DUalRailleur chain guide system after he dropped a chain competing in one of the Downiville Races, where he was leading the race.. After that, he created molds and prototypes, then it went all the way up to Syncros/Ritchey, whom we are still trying to work something out with.

A [legal] trail at UCSC would be nice. If not, then another trail at Demo would be cool (something like the "Park n Ride" -- that section could use a nice singletrack too :party)

Really , I thought you were more of a hucker than a DH'r. The Demo 8 is on my shortlist of frames to get but I think i'd rather have a Transition TR250. O well , that Banshee is sick. I just sold my bullit and got a turner highline otherwise I would be takin a look. :ride

I'm a freerider by definition... but I want to focus on DH more really, that's where the real passion of MTB'ng lies for me. I have the most fun trying to go fast and dominate the trails.

of course every now n then I have to throw down huge and gap something ridiculous :p

I just put a deposit down on the frame.. its on backorder - ETA april/may ..

woot!

color choice:
p5pb6157087.jpg

Back