• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

eastonseatpost.jpg

There is a slashed out 0 with 29.4 MM written on it.

And the overall length of the unit is about 320mm from bottom of post to top of hardware, so I would say this is a 300mm length.

That 29.4 correct?

yup - that 29.4 is 100% accurate (i stand corrected)

even though i will say that is an odd size diameter....well...for my bikes anyhoo...;)

Road Bike to borrow

I know, wrong thread but hoping for a little extra exposure. :teeth :twofinger

I have a friend coming into town on March 3-12 and and I'm trying to find a road bike to borrow or rent for her. She's a tad shorter than 5'3". She knows how to ride a bike but has never really ridden a full-on road bike. (just cheaper mtn. bikes on the street) Not looking for something expensive because if she does do "something" to it, I'm not looking at owing someone a shit pile of coin for a toy that was broken in my possession.
And yes, I will take full financial responsibility for anything broken. Hell, if the bike isn't in great shape I can even fix it up (I'm a pretty decent wrench) and put on new tires and tubes or what ever it needs. :thumbup :teeth

I'd gladly rent one if there is actually a place to rent road-bikes. ????????

Anyone???????
Any ideas??????????

Thanx,
Joe

I know, wrong thread but hoping for a little extra exposure. :teeth :twofinger

I have a friend coming into town on March 3-12 and and I'm trying to find a road bike to borrow or rent for her. She's a tad shorter than 5'3". She knows how to ride a bike but has never really ridden a full-on road bike. (just cheaper mtn. bikes on the street) Not looking for something expensive because if she does do "something" to it, I'm not looking at owing someone a shit pile of coin for a toy that was broken in my possession.
And yes, I will take full financial responsibility for anything broken. Hell, if the bike isn't in great shape I can even fix it up (I'm a pretty decent wrench) and put on new tires and tubes or what ever it needs. :thumbup :teeth

I'd gladly rent one if there is actually a place to rent road-bikes. ????????

Anyone???????
Any ideas??????????

Thanx,
Joe

No one hear rides road bikes. :rofl

Anyone???????
Any ideas??????????

Thanx,
Joe

Did you find one yet?

You say your a decent wrench. Pick up a bike needing minor repair cheap. Fix it, Let her ride it for two weeks. Sell it for a small profit after now thats its in good working order.

MTB parts

I have some MTB parts for sale: Figured it was more active here, than the Grab Bag area.

BRAND NEW, NEVER INSTALLED FSA bearing kit for a BB90 frame bottom bracket (a press-in fit bb, versus the traditional english/italian threaded bottom bracket) I foolishly bought an FSA K-Force MTB crankset with the BB90 instead of English thread BB. Now, I have this BRAND NEW BB90 bearing kit that I cannot use. This is perfect if you're trying to upgrade to ceramic bearings. Typically $125+ per bb, get it here cheap.

$60 - For BARFers
Includes (all you need minus the cranks):
1) Left Bearing
2) Right Bearing
3) Left/Right Bearing Shield (black)
4) Wave Spring Washer (x 1)
5) Right Adjustment Washer (Anodized Red)

b26a0a57.jpg

79feabdc.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomson Elite Seatpost - 60 - for BARFers
- 287 mm length -
- 31.6 mm diameter -

Excellent condition (rubbing on end of seatpost, not visible at all when situated in frame). Pictures below:

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

Meet up in Cupertino area

yeeeeeeeeeeeee

chip2.jpg

kurtpimpinhip.jpg

i have a hole in my shin and it's been bleeding since saturday .... <3 mtb

Last edited:
my backyard :laughing

My shin armor failed me and I took a pedal pin to the shin. Luckily just one some how, but it tore a nasty hole. Can't ride right now, so I been doing some building and made a new drop into berm into jump line... just refreshing old stuff and bringing it back to life. It's @ Carlmont.

Saw this today and thought of some of the loons in this thread. Dunno if it's been posted, but I'm not gonna look thru 500 pages.

Crazy city-based mountain bike race in Chile:

VCA 2010 RACE RUN
[youtube]fEfcAnQwX-0[/youtube]

Saw this today and thought of some of the loons in this thread. Dunno if it's been posted, but I'm not gonna look thru 500 pages.

Crazy city-based mountain bike race in Chile:

VCA 2010 RACE RUN
[youtube]fEfcAnQwX-0[/youtube]

Youtube link no longer available

Here's another one

http://vimeo.com/9970489

Course looks fun:party:teeth

2:28 :ride

Last edited:
my backyard :laughing

My shin armor failed me and I took a pedal pin to the shin. Luckily just one some how, but it tore a nasty hole. Can't ride right now, so I been doing some building and made a new drop into berm into jump line... just refreshing old stuff and bringing it back to life. It's @ Carlmont.
Yea, any hack can do jumps like that, ...LOL, ...<<cough, cough>>:rofl :twofinger ....... But seriously, the first shot is a great shot. nice jump but serious props also to the person with the camera. :thumbup

wow sick video. should come with a warning: do not watch if hungover. i think i'm gonna puke now.

hey barf mountain bikers.. i'm looking to get back into mountain biking after a 6 year hiatus brought on by too many concussions. i spent a lot of time riding both cross country and downhill but sold my bike years ago, so i'm in the market for a new bike. i went and looked at a few bikes locally here in Sonoma yesterday and WOW bikes have gotten so cool since i stopped riding.

i really like the specialized stumpjumper and fell in love with the trek remedy 8. was wondering if anyone on barf knew of any good deals on a bike that teeters on the edge of xc and freeride. i definitely want a bike that can climb but am willing to make a little sacrifice on weight to rip the downhills. dont mind buying a leftover 2010 or even something lightly used. i'm 5'11" so kind of on the edge between medium and large. let me know if you know of anything!! thanks!

i also dont mind driving around the bay area for a good deal, i'm going to be moving out of sonoma soon so dont feel like i necessarily have to support the local bike shop.

Back