• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

well you have more Jew spirit thats for sure.

Brah, 20 broken bones? Maybe you should take up swimming or golf.

Ive got tens of thousands of road miles with no problems but a minor IT band soreness many years ago from poor cleat positioning:cool

Almost all from 1 accident. Racing at Bridge Hampton NY (Long Island) hit the deck at about 125 into beach sand (which by the way is some crappy run-off and/or shit to fall into)
2 vertebrae, 10 ribs, sternum, elbow, lower jaw (both sides), lost 4 teeth, Hmmmm, I think there's more but I don't remember. :wtf
Yea, That sucked!!!

Oh, and I broke 2 knuckles punching a horse in the jaw.
Yea, That was stupid!!!:wtf

Post whoring aside, who here is racing or going to Sea Otter? :)
Going... with at least two others for the whole shebang. Not racing... maybe not even riding since they switched the "tour" to a frickin' "Gran Fondo" which takes the road off site. Very odd.

BTW, Any idea why all of the beginner races got moved to Sunday? That kinda sucks since we're usually trying to get out of there at a reasonable time.

For Sale: 2006 Santa Cruz V10, Medium

2006 MED frame in good condition with minor scratches (all new Enduro MAX suspension bushings) -- http://www.endurobearings.com/bicycle.html

2006 Marzocchi 888 RC2X fork (freshly serviced) -- http://www.marzocchi.com/template/d...dC=-1&IdFolder=113&idMY=28182&IdOggetto=28032

2011 DHX Fox RC4 shock -- http://www.foxracingshox.com/bike/11/shocks/DHX

eThirteen chainguide

Chris King headset

Very well maintained frame

IMG_1376.jpg

Asking: $1400

Here are some pics of my new Yeti Mt. bike that I picked up from The CyclePros in Pleasenton last week. It's too bad that it's been raining so much cause I have not been able to take out for some trail riding. Maybe nex week.

Attachments

• bicycles 007.jpg
    bicycles 007.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 80
  • bicycles 010.jpg
    bicycles 010.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 71
but doing something that requires perhaps more thinking? and a constant change might be what im looking for. :) so ive changed my mind. mountain biking it is.

You can do both with a mountain bike - it's fun! We did one earlier this month that took us from San Francisco to Fairfax and back via the Marin Headlands and Mount Tam, combining paved roads, fire roads, and double track:

196944_10150160803060915_687720914_8681260_7412493_n.jpg

What do you guys use for lights? I was thinking about trying night rides, but I don't really want to shell out $200+ for a nice LED light right now...

I was looking into the Magicshine one that's like $80, but now it has a recall about the battery exploding or something

An updated Magicshine battery is available now. I replaced mine, and got a second light to make descents a little less sketchy (or to use as a loaner).

Better idea is borrow or rent a bike first and see if you even like like it. Oh, that said, wait for nicer weather. it's F@#$EN miserable out there for bikin' right now. (I'm sure I'll get arguments about that from all the masochists out there, Mikey :>)~

No, it sucks out there. But every minute I spend off the bike, I'm probably sitting around eating and getting heavier / slower.

Harpo said:
Oh, and I broke 2 knuckles punching a horse in the jaw.
Yea, That was stupid!!!

What did that horse do to piss you off?

I dont know why are you retards are spouting that Super Jew is a prick. He had always been nice to me :D

Now he did rip me off on that damn seat post. :p But thats the jew in him. LOL

You can do both with a mountain bike - it's fun! We did one earlier this month that took us from San Francisco to Fairfax and back via the Marin Headlands and Mount Tam, combining paved roads, fire roads, and double track:

196944_10150160803060915_687720914_8681260_7412493_n.jpg

That looks and sounds like alot of fun! Cant wait to get out there..

come on tax return! Also. should i be looking into getting a hardtail they are significantly cheaper.

The horse prolly spooked his bike into bucking him off. Either that or the horse was doing nothing just minding it's own business. You know, it's all or nothing with Harpo :rofl
:twofinger you D, the damn horse had it comin'. Bucked me off for no good enough reason at all.

God Damn horse jaws are hard as a mutha F@#$A :wtf :shocker

This thread has become highly entertaining.:laughing

I just started getting into mountain biking a few months ago, and it is a kick in the pants. I've trolled this thread and found a lot of needed and useful information, so a big thank you to everyone and their contributions.:thumbup

come on tax return! Also. should i be looking into getting a hardtail they are significantly cheaper.

I'm scoping out hardtails right now too. What's your price range?

It WAS 500. But I upped it to 800 when I realized how expensive bikes are :laughing. That's reasonable for someone just starting out right?

Does anyone ride a frame that uses a BB90 bottom bracket? I have an FSA ceramic BB90 kit that I have no use for (brand new, never mounted)

Anybody?

It WAS 500. But I upped it to 800 when I realized how expensive bikes are :laughing. That's reasonable for someone just starting out right?

PLEASE talk to someone who knows about mountain bikes before you give your money away. It seems that youre not too familiar with stuff and it's very easy to get taken. A fair deal in a good beginner bike thats worth keeping and fun to ride is about $1300 for a new hardtail.

Hardtails are much cheaper. most people dont actually need full suspension and are much slower and have less fun being fully sprung. a good hardail is about the same price as a shitty full suspension bike. Please get someone who really knows fitting to put you on a bike. Most beginners get bikes that are way to big. Whatever yo do, don't get a shitty full suspension bike.
gluck

PLEASE talk to someone who knows about mountain bikes before you give your money away. It seems that youre not too familiar with stuff and it's very easy to get taken. A fair deal in a good beginner bike thats worth keeping and fun to ride is about $1300 for a new hardtail.

Hardtails are much cheaper. most people dont actually need full suspension and are much slower and have less fun being fully sprung. a good hardail is about the same price as a shitty full suspension bike. Please get someone who really knows fitting to put you on a bike. Most beginners get bikes that are way to big. Whatever yo do, don't get a shitty full suspension bike.
gluck

I have been. Talking to someone who is a avid mountain biker. You tell me 1300. Well........I dont want to spend over a grand on a bike. Yes i know if i get a shitty bike chances are ill have a shitty experience and give up. But this is something to start out with. Id feel better knowing 600-800$ is sitting collecting dust rather than a 1300-1500 bike.

Im not just going out and picking something that looks nice and im also not going out there and doing a 6hr, all trail, downhill, uphill ride the day after i buy the bike either.. Im starting slow..

Ive been asking questions here. Ive been lurking MTBR for the past week and im asking advice and questions from someone who has been riding for years and father owns a shop. And he is family. My cousin's husband so he isnt taking advantage. He is actually trying to help.

Yes im looking at hardtails. Mostly specialized because that seems to be more in my price range. Again im just starting out. So i refuse to buy a spanking new pricey bike. Im testing the waters.

If it happens to be something i REALLY enjoy and something im going to stick with well THEN i can be picky save up my money and get a top of the line bike. But at the moment im just not there yet. :)

Back