• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

http://tahoemountainbiking.ning.com/profiles/blogs/4th-of-july-trail-update

"Begining Saturday July 2nd, Zephyr will run for bikers and hikers. Trail access off the top will be limited to Tryumph and zone 1 of Livewire, all Vista trails will be open below Tryumph."

"Lower Vista trails, below Tryumph, are 100% ready to go for this weekend. Trail crew has been out raking and rebuilding, and they should ride great. Access will be off of Zephyr lift, then via Tryumph. Pho-Dogg, Karpiel, Speed Control, Dog Bone, Sticks and Stones, Flameout, Manure Pile, Kickback and KT will all be open. There are still some large snow piles near the top of Zephyr, keeping those trails closed this weekend. Boondocks is 90% melted, and will be ready to go by July 9th, and hopefully sooner. Due the this winters snow pack, Livewire still has snow on the top of the trail, and will need some maintenance before it will open top to bottom. Work has begun on zone 6 and 7 of Livewire, and they should be ready to ride soon. Gypsy will be a few weeks, the section above spooky woods still has some snow where the ski run crosses. We will keep you informed of our progress and projected trail opening dates."

Keep the trials closed until I get home! I want primo trails, ya hear?! :laughing

Jeff, putting money into older bike is a slippery, downhill slope.

Aint that the truth!:laughing

I took this pig...
IMG_0475.jpg

And turned it into this one...
IMG_0707.jpg

I'm actually very happy with the results though as an urban cruiser. I've been trying to put in at least 15-20 miles every other day and we just did the Russian Ridge trail this weekend and had a blast.

But at the end of the day the money that I saved fixing this one instead of buying a good used one 10 years newer would have bought me a $5 water bottle...if I borrowed $5 from somebody :laughing. But I learned a lot about how these things go together and that was valuable.

I'm keeping this one as my urban cruiser and looking for a nice FSR for the weekend trails. See you out there!

I'm keeping this one as my urban cruiser and looking for a nice FSR for the weekend trails. See you out there!
Hey, if you sink enough MORE money into that, ....I'm sure someone could make it an FSR for ya. :rofl :rofl :twofinger

Hey, if you sink enough MORE money into that, ....I'm sure someone could make it an FSR for ya. :rofl :rofl :twofinger

*Grabs sawzall and torch* Anyone got a $500 shock layin' around?

It's a definite bummer that my only contribution to the mtn. bike thread this year is crap like this, but, .....

I just found out the next worse thing than a broken knee :(
That would be a broken knee with a bacterial infection :cry

Attachments

• 2011-07-06 20.16.48.jpg
    2011-07-06 20.16.48.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 2011-07-06 20.17.23.jpg
    2011-07-06 20.17.23.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 95
VERY NICE BIKE :thumbup a very big BUMP for the bike, ...
But do you you know Hooli, .... He's definitely not a "medium."

And no Jeff, I'm not implying your a big fat bastard :twofinger
Maybe just a big tall Jewish boy :rofl

Thanks.....fun to build and a great ride, just doesn't suit my riding style anymore......know anyone with a blur for sale ?

Thanks.....fun to build and a great ride, just doesn't suit my riding style anymore......know anyone with a blur for sale ?
Sorry, No
I'm a firm believer in SC bikes (I ride a Nomad) but you might get just as much bang fo a lot less buck in a Giant.
Just my $0.02 :)

It's a definite bummer that my only contribution to the mtn. bike thread this year is crap like this, but, .....

I just found out the next worse thing than a broken knee :(
That would be a broken knee with a bacterial infection :cry

awww quit yer bitchin :x

hey, yer floor looks clean :thumbup

see ya tonight. sorry to see you are in the wars again dude

:2cents for your thoughts...

Should I spend money to upgade my fork suspension? How about a seatpost suspension?

Should I add this:
$(KGrHqYOKpkE3u71eG6OBOGnJPM4sQ~~_12.JPG

686730Prd.jpg

To this:
269005_10150299546725937_609105936_9325380_2285081_n.jpg

Don't have the money to upgrade to a full suspension MTB, but was thinking of just upgrading the seatpost with a suspension, and maybe the front forks. :dunno

Last edited:
Anyone recomend a good shop to get a new hoop and spokes? Its for a specialized fsr

Back