• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

The second chute in the series I like to call "Chutes and Ladder". Heading back down a couple of steep, rutted downhill sections from the summit to the front side. Couldn't clean it today.

Wish I had a compact camera that took good pictures - the cam phone was all I had!

1504969-chute.jpg

Dude, at this point, the WEIGHTLESSS ;)
is just another obstacle in the garage (proper English pronunciation on "garage" please) :teeth to awkwardly navigate (stumble) :wtf around and has about as much of a chance of being ridden as either of his bigger brothers (G6 and G1K) do.

As a matter of fact, I've been in hibernation since it started to rain. If anyone sees a stretch of sunshine forecasted to last longer than 2 craps (2 decent ones) and a nose-pickin', ....... please gimme a wake-up call so I can go play with my toys again.:p ;) :blush

Weather calls for sunshine all week!
From the looks of the pics Crash shared and everyone's posts - we can all use this.

When's the next ride Mike?!

I'm in for china camp sometime this week :).

That's the kind of motivation I need to get off my arse and get stuff done (like clean up my bike from a ride two weeks ago) :blush

I went for a mud fest ride this AM at Saint Joes. Let me know what else pans out this week fellas...

China Camp wasn't bad at all. The bottom was a bit sloshy, but the top was pretty solid, with all the hard pack and embedded rock.

I'm off this Saturday, and thinking either Annadel, China Camp, or Auburn.

MassiveAttack said:
Weather calls for sunshine all week!

um, what weather channel were you watching? we just got about 2 inches of rain between last night and this morning... :confused :twofinger

MrCrash907 said:
China Camp wasn't bad at all. The bottom was a bit sloshy, but the top was pretty solid, with all the hard pack and embedded rock.

I'm off this Saturday, and thinking either Annadel, China Camp, or Auburn.

I'm down to ride China Camp this Sat, Mike. Keep us posted on what you decide.

JnglstTICAL said:
I went for a mud fest ride this AM at Saint Joes. Let me know what else pans out this week fellas...

It was a major slop! But well worth the trip to the top.

:cool

Weather calls for sunshine all this week! *With the exception of last night's downfall. I have to work the remaing days of this week, which sucks! Looking foward to a full day's worth of riding this weekend. What is the plan?!

Option: I hear Soquel or ECDM will be nice and dry.

1507886-14039557-l.jpg

Last edited:
im free this sat ive never been to those places(except china c.) . i kinda suck going uphill though:green :green

MA, Hyper, one of these weekday mornings, lets do something local near us! I've been doing the usual saint joes for a nice work out...

No word from Mike yet?

Yo Mike whatever the ride plan is... Make sure you have some of this....

1508778-1_029.jpg

What's that, rocky downhill fireroad? :)

If I can get one other person to head that way with me (Harpo is probably the most likely candidate), I think I'll be heading out towards Auburn. Otherwise, I'm thinking both sides of China Camp might be a good ride for anyoen who hasn't tried it. Lots of singletrack, three moderately challenging downhill chutes, and a few small jump / drops.

Jeff, if Mike and Joe hits Auburn, I'll be down to ride Soquel (haven't been there in years). We can also hit ECDM to see if any of the trails are re-opened.

fLyRiCE said:
Jeff, if Mike and Joe hits Auburn, I'll be down to ride Soquel (haven't been there in years). We can also hit ECDM to see if any of the trails are re-opened.

Yo Ted, I would really be interested in ECDM - never been there! Soquel's ratio between climbing and downhill sucks! But fun.

E-mail me we'll set something up.

Last edited:
:( Might not be able to ride.
Might have to go up to Nevada City to put in a hardwood floor with the boss-man.
I'll know by tomorrow. If not, "I'm be down ta ridez" where ever. Auburn sounds supercool. Hope I can do it. Let you know Thursday.

Oyyyy Veeeyyyy!!

Back