• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Jeff, I'm not going there if everything is closed. Why don't we just do C-Camp?:wtf

Harpo said:
Jeff, I'm not going there if everything is closed. Why don't we just do C-Camp?:wtf

I'm game for checking out c-camp. According to a map that's posted on trail closures - the best stuff is closed. As far as the dryest place to go, I would probably say wilder ranch out in Santa Cruz. That place only needs a day or two to drain even after big rain falls like this. I rode in the rain there a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome
http://mtb.live.com/rides/WilderRanch.html

Give me a call and let me know what the plans are. I've got a buddy that is interested in joining us, just be nice as it's been a while since he's ridden

Last edited:
ok, since we've got confusing ideas on where to go, I will be going to Wilder Ranch in Santa Cruz. Look for a blue Subaru WRX with a roof rack parked either off of hwy 1 (on your left if you're coming from 17) or in the main parking lot. We should be there around 10am and my cell phone should work most of the way out there but will no longer work when we get there

Map: http://mtb.live.com/rides/WilderRanch.html (dialup warning)
Wilder ridge loop -> Dairy trail -> zane gray cutoff -> wilder ridge loop -> sea ridge trail -> Enchanted loop -> Eucalyptus loop -> old cabin trail -> middle engelsman loop

Harpo and I are meeting at 8 AM, Starbucks in Emeryville on Powell. From there, we'll be doing both sides of China Camp.

Anyone who wants to join is welcome!

MrCrash907 said:
Harpo and I are meeting at 8 AM, Starbucks in Emeryville on Powell. From there, we'll be doing both sides of China Camp.

Anyone who wants to join is welcome!
:banana :banana :banana Woo Hoo!!!

Hyperlite said:
Look for a blue Subaru WRX with a roof rack parked either off of hwy 1
Hey dude, wrx's suck. :wow Well at least the 'blue ones" do! :laughing :laughing :laughing j/k

Harpo said:
:banana :banana :banana Woo Hoo!!!

Hey dude, wrx's suck. :wow Well at least the 'blue ones" do! :laughing :laughing :laughing j/k

hey that can't be helped, he offered to drive and I'm not paying for the thing. Better than taking the bus :banana

Hope you guys had a good ride, we'll have to give this another shot again soon. Had a blast at wilder and there was hardly anyone else out there, except for an abandoned ranger truck that had apparently slid into a ditch :blush

China Camp was fun. Really good ride. We only got about 13 miles (I wanted more) :( :cry but all in all it was a good ride.
We bumped into about 4 rider is a group that absolutely schooled me and Mikey on our up-hill abilities. Can't even think about the amount of training it takes to be able to power up the hills that quickly. Oh well, gotta give those guys props.
None-the-less, we had had a good ride with ZERO incidents. :teeth

We'll all have to hook up sooner or later.:thumbup

Same over here, had a great first ride at ECDM. Tons and tons of climbing here... *Harpo - you'll love it.

Thanks flyrice, for taking me around... that last run made up for all the climbs. *whew - I'm tired.

This is a three day weekend.. no rides for tomorrow or Monday?

MassiveAttack said:
Same over here, had a great first ride at ECDM. Tons and tons of climbing here... *Harpo - you'll love it.

Thanks flyrice, for taking me around... that last run made up for all the climbs. *whew - I'm tired.

This is a three day weekend.. no rides for tomorrow or Monday?
I remember it (ECDM) being a really fun place to ride. I'll definitely hit it up with you guys soon.
I probably won't be riding for a couple of weeks, due to work and other obligations but after that I'm good to go. But plan on making it a long one or it's not worth my commute time. (at least 15+ miles :thumbup :teeth)

Hey Joe,

Next time, I hope to know the whereabouts of the fabled singletrack that leads from the China Camp summit back down to the 7/11. That should be enough for ya!

I've never seen Joe, the pinnacle of aggression, hesitate like he did on those downhill chutes. Nor have I ever seen a pack of guys pull away from him on the climbs. Watching Joe feverishly pedal away trying to keep in touch with the group was like watching Apollo Creed take those final, sloppy swings at Rocky before collapsing onto the canvas. I never thought I'd see the day!

First chance we get, it's all about the double ride to Slammin' (Salmon) Falls and the Auburn Ravine. All in all, it should be just over 20 miles of fun. Hope you get that front end fixed soon, so you can get into that iron-man groove again!

What route did you guys do at ECdM? With Giant Salamander off limits in the wet season, my normal loop isn't possible. I used to like following the frontage singletrack followed by a plunge down Steam Donkey, climbing back up to the top of Manzanita before dropping down that, and crossing over Giant Salamander. One more looooong climb up to the top for a run down Resolution, with the climb out on Corte Madera Creek.

I did that loop on an almost weekly basis - and then I found out about Soquel :)

Here's the route flyrce took me through...

Start: CM02
... Went down Methusselah cut a left on Manzanita, then rode back up Timberview.
... then at the intersection flyrice and me made a right down Fir to Resolution.
... After the nice singletrack down Resolution we took a chance and headed to North Leaf on El Corte Madera... no luck. (Muddy).
... So we climbed back out and took Tafoni to Fir.
... Finished up with a nice little single track called... Sierra Moreno.

Started at 10 - finished at 3.

Flyrice, feel free to correct me on the route..

It was plenty for me, especialy being a newbie to the area. Most of the trails I've been riding do not require so much climbing. But for some reason this place felt like there was a "CLIMB AFTER CLIMB" Maybe I'm not use to this place... But it sure felt like a lot.

Gonna go fo it again when the trails open up and when weather permits.

If I can get this place down like 2nd nature... I'll be ready for Coe. I hope..

Last edited:
ECDM Route

Yellow 1st loop, Red 2nd and Green 3rd

1517534-untitled.jpg

Massive, don't forget that we climbed up Timberview twice because I took you for a "warm up" to get "acquainted" to the park. :teeth

Climbing is a given at ECDM. As I told you, ride it a few more times, get use to it, and you won't feel like you're always climbing. :laughing

Oh and I don't think we started riding until after 10:30. The ride also ended with the the two of us out of water -- down to the drops!

Last edited:
Turns out that I'm going to Tahoe on the 29th and not this coming weekend. Where are we riding this coming Saturday/Sunday?

I've ridden there before and I think it's one of the best areas aound as far as the technical singe track. I've been down the Methuselah trail which was a good time if its open but what you go down you must climb back up and I agree with Massive there's ALOT of climbing, I've heard you can shuttle this place by parking down Bear Gulch Road and up at the Skeggs Point parking lot if you not into the whole climbing thing. I hear the Steam Donkey trail is also a good trail. Shuttle man to the resuce !!! :teeth

1517848-auto.jpg

fLyRiCE said:
Massive, don't forget that we climbed up Timberview twice because I took you for a "warm up" to get "acquainted" to the park. :teeth

Dam you! I almost forgot - thanks for reminding me.:finger :laughing

Anyone here looking for a new rig? I have a brand new Intense 5.5 that I like to sell either a frame or a complete bike. It is a medium.

Back