• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

me falling on the bottom section. I had to re enact it. thought it would be funny

1521273-dsc00113.jpg

Just checking the trail surface, thats what I'd go with.
Nice shots buy the way, where did you take those from? :nerd

d_le337 said:
me falling on the bottom section. I had to re enact it. thought it would be funny
It might be funny, ....... if you could figure out how to size your pictures to a reasonable size so that they don't take a F@#$EN year to download. :teeth (and yes, I have SBC and it still takes a F@#$EN year) Thanx!

Bike Update!!

Once again out of comission for the weekend.
My Fox shock is going back to Fox for a rebuild. :(
Waaaaaaaaaaaa, I wanna ride.:cry :cry

that sucks dood!!!!

i can let you borrow my other bike's fork. its a fox 80 air

let me know - think mike's got a big ride planned for this weekend...

MassiveAttack said:
that sucks dood!!!!

i can let you borrow my other bike's fork. its a fox 80 air

let me know - think mike's got a big ride planned for this weekend...
Hmmmmmmm!! How hard is it to change it out?? :wtf I really wanna ride.

I'm gonna call him (the dude that sold me the fork / that rides for Fox) and see if he can swap me something for the weekend. If not, I might just take you up on the offer, ......... BUT, I seriously don't know how to swap it out.

depends on the steerer tube length and your headset. It's a 10 minute job if the bottom bearing races are compatible and the steerer tube is long enough.

Have fun this weekend, lets set something up for next weeekend. Anyone up for ride at Santa Teresa Friday after work? I can also bring my lights if anyone wants to do a second loop :teeth

Since Harpo's bike probably isn't going to be 100% for the weekend, Auburn / Folsom is off the list. I figure he's the only guy nutty enough to head that far out with me for good downhill and singletrack :)

Let's take a vote:

1. SDF - Maybe something different this time - a combination of Tractor / Sawpit / Braille?
2. Tamarancho - Haven't done it before. Sounds like fun, albeit a bit short at 10 miles. Might be worth combining with China Camp.
3. China Camp - Lots of singletrack, and the technical chutes on the backside are always a hoot
4. Annadel - it's a ways up, but probably the best singletrack in the area!
5. ECdM - I'm hesitant to go back before Giant Salamander is re-opened
6. Skyline in Napa - Haven't been there yet, but it looks like fun - http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sky04.mpg

Harpo, swapping off the lower crown race is a bitch if you don't have the proper tools. Definitely have your tech guy do it (especially with that pretty Chris King headset). If you don't have a ride, I can loan you my hardtail. It's a Santa Cruz Chameleon with a 4" rockshox fork. Riding geometry is going to be different from what you're use to. And btw, it's a 9 speed but climbs well.
Looks something like the bike below. Let me know and I'll haul it out on the sunday ride.

1524630-ch_pol_18.jpg

I say SDF, it's fun, it's technical and there are some climbs, (perfect for harpo). Plus it's local - gives party animals like Tical a chance to come out.

What do you guys think?

*So it looks like Harpo's got some options, no excuse to not ride.

:)

MrCrash907 said:
Since Harpo's bike probably isn't going to be 100% for the weekend, Auburn / Folsom is off the list. I figure he's the only guy nutty enough to head that far out with me for good downhill and singletrack :)

Let's take a vote:

1. SDF - Maybe something different this time - a combination of Tractor / Sawpit / Braille?
2. Tamarancho - Haven't done it before. Sounds like fun, albeit a bit short at 10 miles. Might be worth combining with China Camp.
3. China Camp - Lots of singletrack, and the technical chutes on the backside are always a hoot
4. Annadel - it's a ways up, but probably the best singletrack in the area!
5. ECdM - I'm hesitant to go back before Giant Salamander is re-opened
6. Skyline in Napa - Haven't been there yet, but it looks like fun - http://www.mtbvideos.net/video/sky04.mpg

I'd also like to add my vote for Skyline in Napa if SDF is not an option... that place is not the grandest... but I hear you can do multiple loops down.

+ the video is awesome!

What time SDF? I may be in. I have a late night Fri though, so we'll see. I'll prob do Fremont older Fri morning...

JnglstTICAL said:
What time SDF? I may be in. I have a late night Fri though, so we'll see. I'll prob do Fremont older Fri morning...

SDF is Demo, dood!

You know this place:confused
Or you don't wanna remember :laughing

Sunday is the ride.

// you been riding a lot lately! Wish I could do the same. How was this morning at St. Joe?

Dude, I know SDF. I asked what time foo!!

This morning was perfect, weather is perfect up there right now. Its dry for the most part!! Perfect morning work-out dude!

My bad , I read it wrong...

Sunday, sometime in the morning...

Glad to hear you get to ride man... killing me.

EC70 said:
Just checking the trail surface, thats what I'd go with.
Nice shots buy the way, where did you take those from? :nerd

Thats up at ucsc.

Back