• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Waaaaaaa!!
I Wannaaa Riiiiideeee!!

If the rain stops anytime soon I WILL be riding one day over the weekend.

Crash, if you have a day off over the weekend and want to ride give me a heads up as I probably have to work one day. Obviously I'll make it the day we are NOT riding. :teeth

Hey Joe - I'm off on Saturday. Sunday, we're doing inventory at work, which starts at 1. That leaves time for an early morning ride :)

CAll IT! When do you want to ride? , ............Or should we wait a day or so and see what the forcast looks like and then make a call?

china loops is pass the gg bridge exit of n san pedro rd about 7 miles after gg. After the exit just keep going straight until you see the china camp.

Weather calls for sun this Saturday! I'm in for China Camp - Mike, Joe, Ted, Hyper.... anyone else?

I need to get back in shape, my legs are sore from not riding!

I'm out of town on Saturday. Anyone up for Sunday afternoon?

I'm out of town for a few days, so Sunday is all I can do - if the weather holds out. With my luck, I'm not counting on it...

i'm down to ride but it'll have to be saturday -- gotta work sunday mornig to early afternoon. i'm down for china camp.

So lets do Saturday and if the rain is not here by Sunday, - MIKE ILL MEET YOU THERE.

Just moved to fremont, so the commute there isn't as bad as before.

Anyone else to expect for Saturday?

MassiveAttack said:
So lets do Saturday and if the rain is not here by Sunday, - MIKE ILL MEET YOU THERE.

Just moved to fremont, so the commute there isn't as bad as before.

Anyone else to expect for Saturday?

So if the ride meet is 9 am, does this mean that you'd be at there at 9:45 instead of 10? :laughing :laughing :laughing :twofinger
Congrats on the new place.:thumbup

fLyRiCE said:
So if the ride meet is 9 am, does this mean that you'd be at there at 9:45 instead of 10? :laughing :laughing :laughing :twofinger
Congrats on the new place.:thumbup
:teeth Probably cut a good 15 - 20 minutes out.

So meet at 9, FlyRice? 'Or 10... call/ IM me.

Hello all. I have not joined in any recent rides, but I did ride China Camp with Mr. Crash at the end of the summer. Haven't been getting out as much lately, but I think I might go Saturday to Marin and do the Marin Headlands/Tennessee Valley loop. You can start this ride at the Pelican Inn (which is nice to have a post-ride beer if interested). It involves punishing climbs, a few nice descents, a few nice views. and a few uninteresting fire road climbs and descents. One of the climbs (green gulch) is fun, it has switchbacks. Anybody interested?

Here is a map where the pelican inn is located

http://www.pelicaninn.com/location.html

Hyper- you been there before, right??

Which loop do you usually do? Front side and back side? Or just the front?

Let us know what's your preference.

If Tony is coming up, you've gotta do both sides! Those chutes off the top are a hoot.

Tepotter really needs to join us for one of our backside loops - he and Harpo can take off on the uphills while the rest of us wallow around.

I'm bummed that I'm probably not going to make it out there this weekend, but I'm actually having fun on this thing - you can drag floorboards all the way through corners on wet roads!

1590573-vulcan.jpg

Finally some s.bay people joined the china camp ride - Squidhunter and Hyperlite! Took it easy today since it's been awhile and used the front side and some detours to slowly get back into the swing of things. Coming down we caught FlyRice climbing up the front side, (THE OTHER WAY:wow) and convinced him to turn around and head down with us.

Not too bad of ride, usual mud in the arse and face but mud washes away. Hopefully when the weather gets better, Rob and Tony can lead a ride through UCSC and Wilder!!! :teeth

btw: Great pic Mike. When you flying back? Tamarachero, tomorrow?

Last edited:
Back