• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

thats right my bro had a session with you folks up at Sears and you guys did a great job.

Have to wait for the cable man Sat. morning and got a birthday party Saturday afternoon/eve.

Game Sunday...

MassiveAttack said:
Just did a ride today up Mission Peak. A real frickin workout! Not the weekend ride and I do not recomend it unless you live in Fremont. But a great view of the entire bay!

i like to do night rides on the peak.

SUNDAY 3/6 Mt. Bikin' at China Camp

I'm going with or without anyone else, ...
But let me know if you'd like to join.
Sometime around 10:30 to 11:00am

:teeth

So, I went riding Saturday...

... when I got a phone call out of the blue. A couple of them, actually. When I pulled over, a guy rode past me, uphill, in full gear. Pressure suit, full face helmet, knee guards - all the goodies.

Curious as to where he was going, I chased. He saw me coming, stood up, and started cranking.

199 bpm maintained on the heart rate meter, and I was *barely* keeping him in sight. Usually, I crank right past guys on 40+ pound DH rigs.

When we reach the top, I ask him where he was headed. I knew of some good DH stretches runs in the general area - but even for those, he seemed kind of overdressed. So I followed him.

And I found this. Oh. My. God.

mtb2.jpg

mtb1.jpg

mtb3.jpg

mtb4.jpg

mtb5.jpg

Yeah, the guy in the full gear was some sort of ex-AFM racer. All aggression, all the time. Bailed like 2-3 times on different hits - including a 10+ foot platform drop, and one 10+ foot road gap jump. Turns out the guy bailed last week and busted his armor on the teeter totter- which is on a 4 foot high platform.

I did a 1 footer :) Yeah, I'm a poosey. There's a 2 footer and a 3 footer I'll probably try next time tho.

P.S. If you guys know where I was riding on Saturday (Harpo and M.A.), I'm not sure that these guys want people to know that this is around. So if you can, try not to blurt it out.

For those that want to give it a run (I'm thinking EC70 and Tigert are the only two guys here aggro enough), holler at me and we'll head up that way.

Last edited:
one word = p o o s e y

:p

i think i read about this place somewhere on the net. this place is supposedly "" an urban legend.

:shhh

Last edited:
I always wonder why people go off ten foot drops on bicycles, and 150 mph in boats. Crazy man...

Hey Massive let me know where that stuff is at, your speaking my language, drops , teeter totters, ladders. Is that up near china camp? Let me know I need find new ways to hurt myself !!

Butch said:
I always wonder why people go off ten foot drops on bicycles, and 150 mph in boats. Crazy man...

For the same reason you log into the silly message board, because you can, silly boy :toothless

EC70 said:
Hey Massive let me know where that stuff is at, your speaking my language, drops , teeter totters, ladders. Is that up near china camp? Let me know I need find new ways to hurt myself !!

If it's where I think it's at - then I promised MrCrash I'd keep it on the _low.

PM me or Mike! Sounds as if Mike is planning a trip through this park if you guys are up for it...

MassiveAttack said:
one word = p o o s e y

:p

i think i read about this place somewhere on the net. this place is supposedly "" an urban legend.

:shhh
Signing in as #2 on the pussy list right behind Jeff, ..... However, I would love to tag along and check it out. It's all good, ..... so long as I'm not the one bouncing around on the ground after prematurely aborting a 10+ ft teeter totter.

I rode c-camp on Sunday. Wet and muddy as hell but it was still a great ride. :banana

Last edited:
Have you guys ever ridden page mill? I rode Mt Black on Sat it was a nice day but lots of traffic. It's hard packed so it doesn't get too muddy? Harpo you are more than glad to watch me bounce off the ground and do a surface check maybe not off those ten footers but that teeter tooter looks like fun. And those tree drops look like fun also. :thumbup

EC70 said:
Have you guys ever ridden page mill? I rode Mt Black on Sat it was a nice day but lots of traffic. It's hard packed so it doesn't get too muddy? Harpo you are more than glad to watch me bounce off the ground and do a surface check maybe not off those ten footers but that teeter tooter looks like fun. And those tree drops look like fun also. :thumbup
Yea, I'll watch;)
Hey, and on the bright side, ... I carry a "pretty much full" first-aid kit with me all the time in my pack :teeth

EC70 said:
For the same reason you log into the silly message board, because you can, silly boy :toothless

thanks. i shudda nown

Anyone up for a ride south of the bay?

- Wilder / UCSC
- Laguna Seca (Sea Otter)

If not - I'm back in Marin for another weekend. :p

Back