• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Santa Cruz Nomad

Santa Cruz Nomad..... some l ike the classic surf wave design, some don't... they also say that the unique design is made so the bike has more flickability... hmmmm -- lOOks nice regardless...

2028117-nomad5.jpg

Intense 6.6...

This bike I think looks the best, but I'm wondering if this is still tooo CrossCountry Oriented...

Check em out.... (6.6 in the front and rear)...

2028121-6.6_colors_001.jpg

Intense Uzzi....

Intense Uzzi.... this is where I'm leaning towards... it comes in at about 35-40 pounds... if built up for freeride.. but can be fairly lite... this should keep me up with crazy parts at China Camp or JM while trying to follow Crash...

2028129-final_uzzi.jpg

Intense Uzzi....

Intense Uzzi.... Intense has nice colors but don't offer Anodized... which is better IMO due to paint scratching a lil more easily.

Notice that all the bikes have the VPP design...and head angle...

(last pic)

2028133-img_1208a.jpg

Last edited:
The Nomad at my local shop has USD dual crown forks on it. Siiiiiick :)

I've been wheeling around on my old GT I-Drive since my Cannondale has been in the shop - there are lots of downhill chutes I just won't go near on that GT that the Cannondale would just eat for breakfast.

That being said - those bikes might have the travel of a light-duty DH bike, but how's the geometry? Just switching from XC to FR on my Jekyll at Northstar made a huuuuuuge difference.

Words cannot explain how bummed I am that I couldn't make it to Northstar this weekend :(

I went riding this morning and it was sunny, no wind and clear skies... "I was like dam Mike's going to have a blast at NS!" Sorry to hear the bike is again in the shop. (possibly a sign that the jekyll's had enough of the abuse):p
// That's a good question... there's no indication in the pictures that show if the rear geometry is tweekable... more research before buying... (Thanks for the tip!)... As for dual on the this new ride... definitely....

Last edited:
I'm heading up in the am tomorrow, got the camera ready for some action. Why aren't you heading up Mike??

I blew the fork cartridge on my Jekyll last time I was at Northstar, and haven't gotten it back yet :(

Look out for the races tomorrow - they close off a number of good double blacks for them.

I'm very tempted to rent a V10 for the day, but that would quickly turn it into a $200 weekend with gas, food, rental, and lift ticket. With everything outside of mountain bikes I have going on right now, that's a little steep for me.

After all that I never made it either, though I did get some video of some local trail. If some one can host it I hace a cool video to check out. I just got a mini dv video camera with a mimi camera I put on my helmetm it came out awsome.

went to northstar this weekend with the broken arm. we already paid for the room so we stayed there and went to reno for street vibrations. northstar is now closed for the season. there is talk that this is the last year.

I've been following the topic on the mtbr and ridemonkey forums - most people are pretty optimistic that it'll keep going. There's one pretty serious skeptic, but everyone else has talked to the employees hears stories of improvements to the park. If that's not the case, looks like I'll be heading to Mammoth / Whistler.

EC, did you send me that video yet? citybikemike at yahoo dot com.

Is anyone up for a ride to Downieville this weekend. I didn't get a chance to make it to Tahoe and my riding buddies are too busy this weekend and I want to make it up there for a day at least.
Let me know.

Would love to start riding my MB again with a group of you. It's been hanging in the garage and collecting dust on the wrong side.

Let me know when you guys go again.:teeth :cowboy javascript:smilie(':cowboy')
Yahoo! Y

I hear mammoth is awesome downhilling...
wait! I have a KX500! With real suspension.

Have'nt ridden with you guys in a loooong time.
Anyone up for Soquel Demo forest in the near future?

Anyone up for Soquel Demo forest in the near future?

Where is Demo ????

hwy 17 outta Los Gatos, south on Summit rd, down highland.

never been there? mtn bike rollercoaster land. Braille trail rocks.

Back