• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Re: Re: Re: 2 Brand New Mountain Bikes for Sale!!!

B12Bill said:
I would be more concerned about random crashes :laughing

I was just riding along and wham! all I saw was a blue screen that said "STOP=" :laughing

tepotter said:
I suppose you could, but park hdqtrs has maps, and we definitely used it. Luckily, it was not hot at all, but I understand it can be very. This was definitely a punishing day of riding, but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Did you go last Wed??

We're supposed to go this Wednesday. Too bad you can't make it...I look forward to you punishing me on the climbs ;)

Dragon said:
Goatheads or star-thistle? :laughing been there done that!

I don't know what it's called. But it's just one thorn that looks like a rhino horn. I once found 5 of them stuck in my tire after a ride. Even stepped on one of the damn things barefoot when I got careless about pulling them out of my tires, lol.

What's a good place to get a general inspection/adjustment done?
I just bought new brakes for my bike, but I can't seem to get them adjusted properly.

Wolf said:
What's a good place to get a general inspection/adjustment done?
I just bought new brakes for my bike, but I can't seem to get them adjusted properly.
sun in milpitas is a good shop

WickedWahine said:
We're supposed to go this Wednesday. Too bad you can't make it...I look forward to you punishing me on the climbs ;)

Are people around next weekend? Should another ride be planned?

Wolf said:
:laughing Ok. I just was there buying the brakes.

i also got a buudy in fremont that is one of the best mtb bike mech. around. he no longer works in the bike industry but, does side work in his garage. he now bulids custom choppers

MassiveAttack said:
I'm in for a weekend, early in the morning...

or afternoon.

Ok, I wouldn't mind hitting Skeggs. Lets see how many people wanna go. And yes, Christy, you are going unless you are not available (i.e. it is not too hard for you) :)

For the Skeggs Pt. uninitiated, it is the forest preserve on the west side of skyline blvd between Alice's and 92. Good stuff.

Re: Re: 2 Brand New Mountain Bikes for Sale!!!

Dragon said:
Can you imagine if Microsoft designed bikes???

Would that mean it would need a new patch every month? Bwahahaha-hee (I'm so clever!)

Re: Re: Re: 2 Brand New Mountain Bikes for Sale!!!

Hooli said:
Would that mean it would need a new patch every month? Bwahahaha-hee (I'm so clever!)

Yes- and it has to be patched before you ride- otherwise you could be vulnerable... :laughing

:cry

Hey guys, I'm not going to be able to do the Coyote Hills ride for tomorrow evening.

I suck...

I'll send out an email.

Anyone up for possible mountian biking in Auburn on Friday?

WickedWahine said:
:cry

Hey guys, I'm not going to be able to do the Coyote Hills ride for tomorrow evening.

I suck...

I'll send out an email.

Anyone up for possible mountian biking in Auburn on Friday?

You suck!!:p

mountain bike oh yeah

mtn. biking is the main reason I don't motorcycle more . or is it the other way around?

scheduling an outing is the toughtest part for me but let's try wicked. i know many of the east bay and marin trails, including china camp. i've been riding and racing (strictly amateur) for 15 years. there are lots of bikers who both pedal and twist the throttle. i would love to ride with and mentor any of you at any level so long as you are committed to some preparation and effort. like motorcycling, riding a bicycle can change your life.

how did the china camp ride go this weekend?

davidholcomb

1197009-cool_dudes_002.jpg

frogdog: how much you want to chap your ass and your other tenders is entirely up to you. and getting your crotch hung up when mounting or dismounting can be fun!

the fruity bike shorts are pure function and utterly optional.

Frodog said:
I would like to go for a ride, but do I have to wear those tight spandex?

Yes- or the gear nazi's around here wil chime up :laughing

they make mountain shorts w/ padding, very good investment and they make my Nutz feel good :smile :teeeth

Back