• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

I'll be doing something very early on Thursday, in the Saratoga/losgatos area too. i need to be back by 12 for thanksgiving.

Is anyone doing any riding in the south bay this weekend? Can do a Saturday or Sunday ride, Sunday I think would work better, but hey, beggers can 't be chosers so I'm open to either one. I need to get back out there. I think my hand is finally good enough after my nice highside on my dirt bike the other weekend at HH.

Mike Crash how's it going, hope your feeling better after your spill the other weekend.

Where is the start of the ride? If it's from Stevens Creek... that's one hella of a climb.

I'll meet you guys at the top 35(skyline) & PageMill....

JnglstTICAL said:
I'm doin Saint Joes today if anyone wants to join. Forbes Hill Museum lot @ 1:30ish...

sweet.... we will have to go Calvin... Still a newbie.. don't like too much of a climb yet....

I checked out Sweet Water trail off of Salmon Falls the other day up in El Dorado County.... awesome trail... not too much hill climb, some fun downhills.... very nice. Can't wait to go back out there. Was a bitch to find at first but that was just because we were not too familiar with the area!! Thanks for the info though everyone :)

I think we're going to give China Camp X-TREEM a final go before they tear it down this weekend:

http://www.msdhw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6509

Thursday morning, first thing. I'm meeting flyrice at the trailhead at 10:30.

Friday looks like a morning roadbike ride.

Saturday, either China Camp or Tamarancho in the morning.

Sunday, Demo at 10. Sawpit / Braille double loop.

Been feeling a little better since that little (big) spill a week or so back - I should be good to go! Have to counter those Thanksgiving pounds somehow :)

The totter at "China Camp X-TREEM", from mtbr.com:

2146044-totter.jpg

mckittn said:
sweet.... we will have to go Calvin... Still a newbie.. don't like too much of a climb yet....

maybe demo with us on sunday....thats newbie friendly, right mike?? :laughing

JnglstTICAL said:
maybe demo with us on sunday....thats newbie friendly, right mike?? :laughing

:( not so funny Calvin! hahaha

yeah, i'll skip it this time around

mckittn said:
:( not so funny Calvin! hahaha

yeah, i'll skip it this time around
Let's do the Demo casualty check:

- Wickedwahine: Broken shoulder after losing it on some fast singletrack on Ridge

- Harpo: Injured shoulder after landing a jump wrong on Braille

- Flyrice: Rang his bell, disrupted his balance, ringing in one ear after faceplanting coming off of a log wrong on Braille

- Jungletesticals: Abrasions on forearm coming down a steep section of Braille

- Me: Hyperextended neck / abrasions on shoulder after going over the bars at speed on Sawpit.

I know of at least one other person on the board who has banged themselves up pretty well out there. That being said, a less-experienced rider probably could probably do Highland > Aptos Creek Fire Road > Ridge > Tractor > Hihn's Mill. A couple of mildly technical sections of singletrack on Ridge, but those are short walk-arounds...

good point...lol we're doin some other not-so-hard-core rides other days Lisa, if you want to join, let us/me know when your free to ride...

Good summary Mike!

This is to be expected at Demo...

I myslef had a spill on ridge when I first started... but it's never stopped me from riding. Newbies should check this place out... It's the disney land of mountain bike trails (- Mike Solis)

See you guys Sunday.

MrCrash907 said:
Let's do the Demo casualty check:

- Wickedwahine: Broken shoulder after losing it on some fast singletrack on Ridge

- Harpo: Injured shoulder after landing a jump wrong on Braille

- Flyrice: Rang his bell, disrupted his balance, ringing in one ear after faceplanting coming off of a log wrong on Braille

- Jungletesticals: Abrasions on forearm coming down a steep section of Braille

- Me: Hyperextended neck / abrasions on shoulder after going over the bars at speed on Sawpit.

I know of at least one other person on the board who has banged themselves up pretty well out there. That being said, a less-experienced rider probably could probably do Highland > Aptos Creek Fire Road > Ridge > Tractor > Hihn's Mill. A couple of mildly technical sections of singletrack on Ridge, but those are short walk-arounds...

JnglstTICAL said:
good point...lol we're doin some other not-so-hard-core rides other days Lisa, if you want to join, let us/me know when your free to ride...

Yup.. totally down :)

Just let me know when!

Where is this place guy's?... China Camp X-TREEM

I'd like to come one of these days. I could make a Saturday morning ride. Where is the meeting place?

VroomVroomVroom said:
Where is this place guy's?... China Camp X-TREEM

I'd like to come one of these days. I could make a Saturday morning ride. Where is the meeting place?

It's one of the secret trails of the Bay Area, and has been around for a few years AFAIK. I knew it wouldn't be around for that long - it was only a matter of time until liability and trespassing issues (it's on private property brought the end of it.

Word is the end is this weekend. So, we're going for it tomorrow morning. There are three stunts I want to hit, and Flyrice is trying to build up the courage to hit the road gap. If you clear it, you're easily looking at around 10 feet of vert from the ramp to the landing point...

zookrider98 said:
I can 2nd that one. We definately need the BBQ and sum beers for after the ride next time.
I'm game for the post-ride grub this Sunday, if others are...

Back