• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

zookrider98 said:
Anybody riding tomorrow? ( monday )

I may give montabello a shot, usually it'srideable even with the rain

Call me if you go, I could use a post-xmas work-out ride.

Does anyone know the way to the DH spot in Pacifica and or
condidtions?
I hear it's good.
Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?
:zzz

Last edited:
I hear the way to do it is to go to Gearhead Cycles in Pacifica, and sign the waiver to ride Boy Scout. I'd think the shop could give you the rest of the trail information.

http://www.gearheadbicycles.com

I did Stagecoach and Clementine at Auburn a couple of days ago. Great scenery, and better riding.

I took some pictures when I was out at Auburn. I started out from the top of the ravine, on Manzanita Trail - a virtual tunnel carved through heavy brush.

2201370-aub-6.jpg

I then dropped down Upper Stagecoach, a technical downhill trail / trench cut through lots of ivy.

2201375-aub-8.jpg

I then climbed out to the Foresthill Bridge, 730 feet above the floor of the ravine. Here's a view of the confluence from the middle of the span:

2201380-aub-4.jpg

Here's a view of the river, 730 below:

2201384-aub-5.jpg

Here's a view from the end of the bridge. There's a suicide call box right behind me:

2201388-aub-3.jpg

A view from the bottom of the ravine:

2201393-aub-1.jpg

Great pictures Mike... I've been wanting to check this place out.

What's the deal with the "" Mt Bikers here lately? anyone been riding "on the dirt" besides Mike?

I've been so swamped at work and had little to NO time to even look at the bike.

I rode Auburn again, two days after I took those pictures. I didn't see it as riding in the dirt - it was more like riding in a stream. The Jekyll is really struggling to downshift right now.

The forecast is for clear skies on Saturday, but if I'm in town, I'll probably be spending it on the roadbike. Cleaning the mountain bike and making sure it's running smoothly afterwards just takes way too much work...

MrCrash907 said:
I rode Auburn again, two days after I took those pictures. I didn't see it as riding in the dirt - it was more like riding in a stream. The Jekyll is really struggling to downshift right now.

The forecast is for clear skies on Saturday, but if I'm in town, I'll probably be spending it on the roadbike. Cleaning the mountain bike and making sure it's running smoothly afterwards just takes way too much work...

Hopefully, sometime next year the weather will get better - some riding can get squeezed in.

Maybe getting aroad bike myself and riding to work everyday... (20 miles)

anyone riding the Cool Mountain Bike Race in March, I will be there and I am thinking of going out the night before and parking my RV to party in. I know March is a ways off but you better start riding alot if you plan on doing this race.

Anyone want to ride Fremont Older today? Maybe in a couple of hours. Some spots will be wet, but oh well, I'm getting bored.

Back