• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

mckittn said:
ouch!

Riding today for sure!! (just not there ;) )

Where do you plan on riding today?

If you're game to try one of the easier loops at China Camp out, let me know. Reports say China Camp is rideable, but still muddy. Cleaning tons of mud out of my bike after each ride got old fast - I'm trying to stay off the dirt until things really dry out.

I miss it, but roadbiking is treating my lungs (and my legs) really well!

Tamo Rancho (sp??) Today with the bionic Columbian.
Weather and conditions were so awesome that we had to do the double loop. Just over 18 miles. Yeeeee Haaaaaa!! What a great day. The new ride is fanF!@#ENtastic. :thumbup Now I know why they charge so much damn $$ for those bikes. :wow

Ducky_Fresh said:
I have no idea what that means.. :p

It means Joe is going to be unstoppable now, since I no longer have a machinery advantage over him on the mega-rutted downhill sections. Not that I could stop him with more than double the travel of his old bike anyway.

Come along one time, and see for yourself. It's quite frightening.

2286689-blurlt34__small_.jpg

MrCrash907 said:
It means Joe is going to be unstoppable now, since I no longer have a machinery advantage over him on the mega-rutted downhill sections. Not that I could stop him with more than double the travel of his old bike anyway.

Come along one time, and see for yourself. It's quite frightening.

Thanx for the vote of confidence Mr. "I just got my roadbike and I'm all ready kicking everyones ass."

Ducky, It means, it's a SantaCruz Blur. It's a pretty awesome XC (cross country) mountain bike. Took my first ride on it yesterday and now I understand what all the commotion is about. :thumbup

Leave work early on Friday!!!

And come ride with me in Shell Ridge/Walnut Creek. It's really dried out now and totally ridable. I will leave from John Muir Hospital at 4pm. Meet a the main entrance on La Casa Via and roll at 4 for 1.5-2 hours of rolling hills and maybe some buffed single track.

Yeah, I'm gonna borrow Mike's spare bike and go mt/dirt riding with you guys.

I took the cheap skate route and got a Trek 1000 last week. It's pretty cool. Gonna start riding it to work, then going on rides with you guys once I get my legs conditioned a little. :)

Re: Leave work early on Friday!!!

bicyclemech1 said:
And come ride with me in Shell Ridge/Walnut Creek. It's really dried out now and totally ridable. I will leave from John Muir Hospital at 4pm. Meet a the main entrance on La Casa Via and roll at 4 for 1.5-2 hours of rolling hills and maybe some buffed single track.
Hate to poop on the parade but isn't it supposed to rain Thurs. and Fri.?
Well, if it's dry and if I get off work early enough I'll meet you as well.

I'm watching the weather.

Rain cancels. Channel 2 just said rain later on Friday. It might happen/might not. I will try and update on Friday at lunch.

Fitting for Ducky

Trek 1000 is just a fine bike to start your mileage with. And when your ready, you can sell it for 75% of what you paid for it. I did a fitting for Mike and Joe, and can do one for you also. I would reccommend splurging on a good seat.(the new specialized seats rule!)
Let me know

MrCrash907 said:
Where do you plan on riding today?

If you're game to try one of the easier loops at China Camp out, let me know. Reports say China Camp is rideable, but still muddy. Cleaning tons of mud out of my bike after each ride got old fast - I'm trying to stay off the dirt until things really dry out.

I miss it, but roadbiking is treating my lungs (and my legs) really well!

Ah.. missed that... haha we ended up in HMB that day...

maybe next Week....

BW is coming up on Monday.. lets hope all this Mtn biking and spinning has paid off ahah

Weather is holding on.

It still looks dry.
4:00pm from John Muir main entrance (La Casa Via Dr. in Walnut Creek) for a putt in Shell Ridge.
Post up if your going to make it, or just show up by 4.
Torrential downpour cancels.

Anyone thinking of riding Monday? I'm going to try to hit China Camp early in the am, or possibly some of the trails on the Peninsula (Skegg's area) later in the day. Mellow ride, been off the bike for about 3 weeks. PM me.

Rain came down :(
Boooo!
Friday ride is canceled. Maybe the monday thing.
Sorry to whoever was interested.
Anyone need some wrenching done? Fixin' is the next best thing to ridin'.

This week looks like it's gonna be sunny and warm. Should be a great weekend for playin' in the dirt. Talking about Saturday or Sunday (2/24 - 2/25) Is anyone up for a good long ride, 18+ miles??? I don't care where, doesn't matter. Saturday is better for me but I could probably be talked into Sunday if I had to.

If your interested, let me know where/when you wanna ride.

Back