• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Come on guys (and or girls) Saturday is the day. Not sure where yet but open for suggestions. Planning on doing a long one with the Ivan (the Bionic Columbian)

Who's in?? Gregg??Ted?? Tical??

Does anybody know were good freeride parks are? I looked up Calabazas Park in San Jose, but it looks like the city is completely rebuilding it until April :(

XRsick50 said:
Does anybody know were good freeride parks are? I looked up Calabazas Park in San Jose, but it looks like the city is completely rebuilding it until April :(

http://www.msdhw.com should have that kind of info.

Harpo said:
Come on guys (and or girls) Saturday is the day. Not sure where yet but open for suggestions. Planning on doing a long one with the Ivan (the Bionic Columbian)

Who's in?? Gregg??Ted?? Tical??

deng dude, I would totally be there but I'm trying to get some snowboarding in b4 the season ends. I just rode today, and the weather was awesome!!! I'm in though for sure when I'm in town!!!!

JnglstTICAL said:
deng dude, I would totally be there but I'm trying to get some snowboarding in b4 the season ends. I just rode today, and the weather was awesome!!! I'm in though for sure when I'm in town!!!!
Dude, this is a bikin' weekeend. Next weekend will definitely be a snow weekend though.

I spent about 3 hours riding through near waist deep, light, fast fluffies at BugarBowl last weekend. Best snow I've skied in over 10 years.

We could do the big loop of shell ridge and Mt. Diablo.
Mt. Diablo/Briones Trail thru Shell Ridge and lower Mt. Diablo.
Right turn onto Wall Ridge, Left turn and follow Southgate Rd.(in the dirt) to the Top of BBQ Terrace. Down to Pine Canyon, up to Mt. D/Briones Trail and back home. It's around 18 miles of ass kickin. I can be at the Starbucks across from Andronicos and the movie theater in Walnut Creek by 9.
Post up and say yes or call me and say yes. Otherwise I am riding the motorcyle up to Clearlake with the posted ride. But I would rather MTB.
Let me know,
G-spot

Greg, Leaving my house in Lafayette tomorrow morning (Saturday 2/25) at 8:30 and headed for Corte Madera (sp?) with Ivan. If you want to join us you are welcome. We could even pick you up at your house. If you need to leave a little bit later that's fine. Just let me know. Give me a buzz tonight until 11 or tomorrow morn.

Corte Madera in Marin? I may ride El Corte de Madera down in Woodside tomorrow. If that's what you meant, then I might bump into you guys there. I haven't been on a ride since forever so I don't think I'll be joining you guys.

Cal, got a couch I can crash on? I've been dying to get up to Tahoe but nobody seems to want to go. You gonna be up there next weekend too?

Sorry,
Can't make Corta Madera. Got lots to do today, so have a great ride, and get back to me after a few more miles on your bike so we can do some follow up tuning if needed.
G-spot

China Camp is open again

And it was sick fun watching Jeff Tigert and Harpo rail it from my front row seat. Both uphill and downhill. Even if it was for just a moment.

I'm used to seeing Jeff working hard to climb on some 40 pound dual (or single) chainring big travel DH bike. Put the man on an XC bike - even if it is a GT I-Drive older than my 6 year old dinosaur - and he just rips.

My legs were worthless noodles afterwards, but that was a good time last weekend!

I wish I could make it out with you guys but my back is still screwed up. Doc says no riding lots of walking.
Are you guys going to that DH race next month??
CCGC or something like that??

EC70 said:
I wish I could make it out with you guys but my back is still screwed up. Doc says no riding lots of walking.
Are you guys going to that DH race next month??
CCGC or something like that??

Looks like fun, but I can't risk injuring myself before a triathlon I've been training for.

Here's some footage of last year's CHDH (Corral Hollow Downhill), formerly known as the GGG (Groovy Gravity Games).

http://www.teamwrongway.com/ggg/2005/ggg_2005c.wmv

On another note, I have the hots for this SC Nomad with a Maverick build kit - 6" travel, USD dual crown forks, the works! And it only weighs 29 lbs...

2316567-nomad1.jpg

A better look at the forks - although for $4300, I'd definitely be picky about my color, and go for that powder coated charcoal / slate frame:

2316571-nomad2.jpg

Very schweeeet ! Let me know if you are riding this weekend. I will check the board early saturday. Which TNT team are you training with? I met my wife thru TNT.
All you SINGLE LOSERS on this board: Join team in training and meet a cool chick. And do something cheritable while you're at it.

Greg, Solis, ??? if you wanna ride local on Sunday morning 3/5 gimme a buzz and wake my lazy ass up.

Greg, I'm signed up for the Olympic distance triathlon at Wildflower in a couple of months, but I'm planning on stepping up to the Half Ironman by the recommit date.

I'm running / riding / swimming farther than I ever have before, meeting a lot of really cool people, and having an all-around good time!

Yous a crazy MOFO MRCrash the only time to run is when chased ! :laughing :laughing

Last edited:
Back