• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

anyone ever go out to hellyer park and try the velodrome thing?
i have been wanting to try and i think i am going to in the next couple of weeks sometime.
sat morning, $5 entry and $5 bike rental, just have to bring your own pedles and shoes.
anyone interested?

No Demo this weekend

With the sour weather, we're thinking this Sunday wouldn't be a good time to do Demo. Sunday's forecast is sketchy as well. We'll give it a few more weeks, and see how things look then!

bishop said:
went out this morning to fremont older
was muddy, raining and cold, but that was alot of fun

2344076-dscf0402__medium_.jpg
now that's what bikes should look like!

A friend of mine will be racing in the sea otter this year...wants me to race too but but i dont think im that good haha...ill be goen to downeyville again this summer also...fun ride.

Think about going to the Sea Otter. They have beginner classes for newbies . The downhill course is pretty short so conditioning isn't too important and you can get in lots of practice runs during the week before the race. Most of the obstacles (jumps, logs, rocks...) have alternate routes so you can go around them too. A lot of people crash out (riding over their abilities) and you can beat alot of them just by riding smooth and not crashing. It's a huge event with every kind of bike racing imaginable with all the superstars...oh, did I mention lots of babes?:teeth

JnglstTICAL said:
Sun is out all week ladies....where is everyone riding??
Blood poisoning, :wow arm doesn't work anymore, :( can't ride, :cry Boo Hoo :cry :cry

zookrider98 said:
Dam, wish i saw this earlier....i need to get my ass back out.

Dude, lets go!! I havent left yet...yesterday I started at 6pm...did a double loop till 8pm...call me!!

Back