• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

i duno.

he doesn't say what year it is; that can be important since they depreciate so much. also whether it's the original owner.

if you check it out, make sure to look over the joint between the headset and the downtube on the frame. lots of bikes crack there. also look at the right chain stay near the bottom bracket and make sure there is not too much damaged from chain-suck. they all get a little skuffed up there, but the metal shouldnt have any gouges or the like. and dont bring more than $400 :)

Big Ride This Saturday 5/27

Crash, the bionic Columbian and Myself will be doing an epic ride this Saturday somewhere in the Auburn area. I'm' guessing no less than 23-24 miles and possibly more. The riding should all be hi-end quality stuff. (ask crash for specifics) I'm will to drive everyone up in my big ford van but you will have to be to my house in Lafayette by 7am on Saturday morning.

That said, ...Don't be a pussy! Don't miss out on some of the best riding your gonna get for the the year. YES!! That means some of you South-Bayers that don't get up until noon. :twofinger :laughing :laughing

Last edited:
Advice for MikeV

Buy a used Specialized FSR full suspension. Any of them are the the best full suspension for the money. Spend the extra money on disc brakes. The cheapest disc brakes work better than the most expensive V- brakes.
I can help you check out any bike your shopping for.

Re: Big Ride This Saturday 5/27

Harpo said:
Crash, the bionic Columbian and Myself will be doing an epic ride this Saturday somewhere in the Auburn area. Im' guessing no less than 23-24 miles and possibly more. The riding should all be hi-end quality stuff. (ask crash for specifics) I'm will to drive everyone up in my big ford van but you will have to be to my house by 7am on Saturdasy morning.

Don't nbe a pussy! Don't wiss out on some of thre best ruidig your gonna getfor the=r the yer
DOM"T EAT AMBIN TO SOON BEFRE< POPTING ON LINR+E< BUT -- The trkip isnfo realand Ill reporbtomorrow, sober, Geeeeeze this isnfun,nitty nitwwow,.io cant even readu= what Ijust wrpotr;ILL TREY AGAIN THOORRIW,WOW!!! AMBIEB IS SOME REALLY COLU SHIIIII;;;.....................

:wtf

Last edited:
Re: Advice for MikeV

bicyclemech1 said:
Buy a used Specialized FSR full suspension. Any of them are the the best full suspension for the money. Spend the extra money on disc brakes. The cheapest disc brakes work better than the most expensive V- brakes.

If my friend doesn't go for the used Stumpjumper FSR I referred him to yesterday (Greg saw mine when I brought it by his place a few weeks back), I can pass the pass the contact information on.

For $575 I couldn't pass it up! I did transfer the Avid disc brakes over from my other bike though.

stumpy.jpg

Last edited:
Crash, if it falls through let me know. I WILL buy it.

Re: Advice for MikeV

bicyclemech1 said:

Thanks for the offer.

You STILL haven't sold that FZR? Unbelieveable.

Somebody needs to just make it a track bike and call it done :p

JnglstTICAL said:
Harpo, have you been drinking?
Took an Ambien to help me sleep sometime before I posted. DUDE,... When that shit kicks in, ...IT KICKS IN!!:wow

Harpo said:
Took an Ambien to help me sleep sometime before I posted. DUDE,... When that shit kicks in, ...IT KICKS IN!!:wow

lol...looks like it kicked in mid-post eh... :laughing that was great!!

I'm thinking of doing a loop starting at Monte Bello, down to Saratoga Gap, over to Long Ridge, up to Skyline Ridge and back to Monte Bello this weekend. Think the total is around 14-15 miles if anyone is interested.

*edit* relinked the map from earlier in this thread.

2019195-trail_maps.gif

Last edited:
Veefer said:
I'm thinking of doing a loop starting at Monte Bello, down to Saratoga Gap, over to Long Ridge, up to Skyline Ridge and back to Monte Bello this weekend. Think the total is around 14-15 miles if anyone is interested.

*edit* relinked the map from earlier in this thread.

Where is this!!
Gonna ride somewhere this Saturday. Anyone else doing this? Anyone else doing anything else. I can't make it an all day excursion but Tamo Rancho (Boy Scout Camp) and or China Camp are also possibilities for me.

I ride Monte Bello, but thats's a big ass loop.
I'm good for a hour or so.
I ride to the top of Mt Black then down.
I'll tag along for a little
till I run out of gas

Veefer, I'd be in for that loop sometime, just not this weekend, out of town for the holiday...next time though!!

Harpo said:
Where is this!!
Gonna ride somewhere this Saturday. Anyone else doing this? Anyone else doing anything else. I can't make it an all day excursion but Tamo Rancho (Boy Scout Camp) and or China Camp are also possibilities for me.

It is along Hwy 35 between Page Mill Road and the 35/9 junction. I'm pretty much open to doing this anytime this holiday weekend since I have 4 days off. :teeth

*Edit* Just wanted to add, last time I did this I started at the Monte Bello parking lot off of Page Mill, but this time I'm thinking of starting at the parking lot at Skyline Ridge next to Horseshoe lake.

Last edited:
Unless I make some sort of miraculous recovery from last weekend's heat exhaustion / dehydration episode (30 miles / 4000 feet of climbing @ Auburn on Saturday, Thunderhill on Sunday), there's no way I'm riding this weekend. Just walking around takes a lot of energy for me right now.

I remember doing that climb up Charcoal Road in the heat of the summer years ago - that was tough!

Yes, that climb is definitely the hardest of the loop, especially the parts of Charcoal that are not even really dirt, it's more like a fine sand.

HI EVERYONE. I JUST RECENTLY BAUGHT A BIKE. BEEN GOING TO ALUM ROCK PARK, WHICH IS COOL FOR A NOVICE. VERY INTERESTED IN RIDING WITH A FEW PPL...

Back