• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

Welcome to Humbug, an immaculately maintained ghost town on the trail:

2676839-img_0410.jpg

Dave miffs a switchback and goes dirt surfing:

2676842-img_0420.jpg

200 feet up, on a cliff overlooking the river:

2676851-img_0423.jpg

Crystal clear waters, way down below:

2676856-img_0426.jpg

A better view, as the Bionic Columbian throws down a Gel:

2676861-img_0424.jpg

The Super Jew owns this swimming hole!

2676863-img_0433.jpg

Taking a much deserved break after a few thousand feet of climbing in the heat:

2676867-img_0432.jpg

Hike a bike, anyone?

2676870-img_0439.jpg

A wooden bridge, as we approach the end:

2676871-img_0443.jpg

Chuck goes dirt surfing, right over the edge:

2676883-img_0446__custom_.jpg

Great pix and vid Mike. Thanx for the memories.

PS:
2nd time at Downieville ;) :teeth :thumbup
1st time at South Yuba :( :barf :barf :cry

Last edited:
Harpo said:
1st time at South Yuba :( :barf :barf :cry

Don't you mean "last time at South Yuba"? I could hear you blowing a gasket several hundred feet behind you on the trail when it *didn't* end at the parking lot :)

BRING ON MAMMOTH!

MrCrash907 said:
Don't you mean "last time at South Yuba"? I could hear you blowing a gasket several hundred feet behind you on the trail when it *didn't* end at the parking lot :)

BRING ON MAMMOTH!
Re: South Yuba:
3 words: Never F@#$EN Again!!

got a question for you guys.
my 5th element air shock has finally blown out to the point where it will not hold for more than 2 min.

where is a good place to get it serviced or can i do it myself?

EC70 said:
So when's MAMMOTH?

Gotta get my fork rebuilt and my shock "Push-ed", then I'm good to go. Mid september sometime?

bishop said:
got a question for you guys.
my 5th element air shock has finally blown out to the point where it will not hold for more than 2 min.

where is a good place to get it serviced or can i do it myself?

You may want to send bicyclemech1 a PM on that. If anyone here knows, he would.

Mid-September works for me. Put it together and make some sort of concrete plan. I can comfortably take 3 riders and 4 bikes in the Pimp-Daddy E-150. I'll drive if you guys wanna foot the gas bill. Oh, and it corners like a Mutha F@#$A, just ask Crash. :wow ;) :laughing :laughing

Might have an extremely sweet Blur (size small) for sale in the near future, anyone interested?

Last edited:
Harpo said:
Mid-September works for me. Put it together and make some sort of concrete plan. I can comfortably take 3 riders and 4 bikes in the Pimp-Daddy E-150. I'll drive if you guys wanna foot the gas bill. Oh, and it corners like a Mutha F@#$A, just ask Crash. :wow ;) :laughing :laughing

I'm looking at either Sunday the 17th or Sunday the 24th, depending on when my fork and shock are back in my hands.

In the meantime, here are some interesting data plots from last weekend. Elevation and Speed vs Distance @ Downieville:

2679630-chart1.jpg

Last edited:
Heartrate and Elevation versus Distance @ Downieville:

2679638-untitled-2.jpg

Back