• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Mountain Bike?

*sigh*

Thanks a ton, especially you Mike, for all the help.

Due to a recent event (ie death in the family) the bicycle fund has now shrunk down considerably.

All in time, though.

Dat Trip To Downieville

Thinking about a day trip to Downieville next Saturday 10/14/06

Anyone interested???

I'll be at Yosemite until this Sunday night so I won't be checking the thread until then but if you're interested let me know and we can talk about it after the weekend

Still open, according to reports on MTBR.com. When did you last try to go?

been a few months, it was what someone told me so i didn't try going.

Mike, the ride we did, what trails was that? I will probably be heading thee soon.

It's fine now. The landslide has Highland closed to one lane (and technically closed as far as the county is concerned), but a local with a bulldozer has managed to keep it open.

I think we did Highand Road to Buzzard Lagoon Fire Trail, to the Cussack's trail singletrack climb, to the Aptos Creek Fire Road, down Ridge Trail, down Sawpit, and back out Hihn's Mill Fire Trail.

Re: Day Trip To Downieville

Reschedule to Saturday 10/21/06
Anyone in???

Harpo said:
Thinking about a day trip to Downieville next Saturday 10/14/06

Anyone interested???

I'll be at Yosemite until this Sunday night so I won't be checking the thread until then but if you're interested let me know and we can talk about it after the weekend

mikev said:
zookrider98 said:
the components are medicore. MrCrash would know specialized better than i would.
Crash probably hasn't got much more than $875 - $1000 into his Specialized FSR XC and it's a 2005. Definitely doesn't sound like a spectacular deal to me but Crash would still have a more qualified opinion than mine. just my 2 cents. :teeth

Depending on how tall you are, ... the JAMIS DAKAR XC COMP seems like a nicer bike to me but wait for the "Crash" review or the even more knowledgeable opinion buy "bikemech" (Greg, wadda ya tink??)

so yesterday I did the Pogonip/ UCSC/ Wilder thing again.

This might be, er, is, some of the best riding on the planet. I need a GPS so i can actually figger out where the trails thru the enchanchated forest go. I keep getting confused by crystals and drum circles and spleefs and gnomes and such.

Has anyone mapped this area? (duh, yes). Do I need to buy my own GPS? Suggestions?

Demo was nice on Sunday......

2768046-soquel_021.jpg

Downieville never materialized. :(
But we're hittin' somewhere in the south bay on Saturday morning. (Early, like by8 or 8:30)
Either Soquel for the dreaded double loop or Wilder Ranch. Let me know if you wanna join.

Back