• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

Or you can do regular 4's with me. God knows I suck enough it will take me forever to get those last 6 points. :laughing Good thing they don't expire anymore. :nchantr

Will do. :thumbup What time are those sessions?

Huh I didn't know points didn't expire. I thought you lost half of them every year? I'm only 15 pts away from my 3 upgrade on the track now. :laughing

Beginner Sessions are Saturday mornings I think 8am? You just do drills and maybe a practice race at the end but get used to using the track.

Info is here: www.ridethetrack.com and the new rental bikes are actually pretty good now.

Huh I didn't know points didn't expire. I thought you lost half of them every year? I'm only 15 pts away from my 3 upgrade on the track now. :laughing

Beginner Sessions are Saturday mornings I think 8am? You just do drills and maybe a practice race at the end but get used to using the track.

Info is here: www.ridethetrack.com and the new rental bikes are actually pretty good now.

Umm, don't think so: https://www.usacycling.org/news/user/story.php?id=580

Unless I am missing something.

A bit out of the way. I might go see them on Mt. Hamilton. :D

I'll be racing at Rancho Cordova on Saturday. Fun course.

MTB: no upgrade points, just upgrade :D

What's funny is I was talking to someone at the track tonight and he said they don't expire either, but on the USAC page I found it said they did. Ah well.

Anyway I won the mens 3/4 omnium tonight which was cool. Didn't even get a single first place in a single race.. but I guess it can work out that way sometimes. 2nd in scratch, 3rd in points and 2nd in Miss-n-Out (was so close to first there) was enough I guess.

Field was pretty big for wed so I was happy and I think I get 5 upgrade points which is cool too.

Bleh it's PITA re-gluing tubulars, but sure worth it when it saves your ass from a crash. lol

Where does it say it expires? Or is it only for MTB?

No points in MTB. You can upgrade I believe up to C1 as desired, or back down. I'm self bumping from C3 (first cat) to C2 next year since I've podiumed both races on my new bike. My last race time would have me mid pack.

Bleh it's PITA re-gluing tubulars, but sure worth it when it saves your ass from a crash. lol

I just switched to latex tubes in my clinchers and buy the expensive tires. Supposed to be faster than most tubulars.

I know it's supposed to be safer if you get a flat, but gluing tires seems like waaaaaay too much work for my lazy butt.

I just switched to latex tubes in my clinchers and buy the expensive tires. Supposed to be faster than most tubulars.

I know it's supposed to be safer if you get a flat, but gluing tires seems like waaaaaay too much work for my lazy butt.

To be fair, gluing is not that horrible. PITA is scrapping off old glue. Gluing new tires is actually not that bad, I just whine too much. :laughing

Did you end up doing Salinas?

To be fair, gluing is not that horrible. PITA is scrapping off old glue. Gluing new tires is actually not that bad, I just whine too much. :laughing

Did you end up doing Salinas?

Nope. :( I just need a few more decent results at the track to be eligible to upgrade to a 3 so I decided to just race there for now and have that as my short term goal.

I know it's weird but I get increasingly scared of crashing or getting crashed out in the 5s. I might finish up my 5 races doing road races even though I'm not competitive in them, but I mean it's the 5s so placing isnt for anything.

All my riding lately has been trainer and group rides.

Did you race? cats hill? I saw a bunch of people on strava were doing that one. I think tobin from Santa cruz won the p/1/2 race. That dude is a beast.

Nope. :( I just need a few more decent results at the track to be eligible to upgrade to a 3 so I decided to just race there for now and have that as my short term goal.

I know it's weird but I get increasingly scared of crashing or getting crashed out in the 5s. I might finish up my 5 races doing road races even though I'm not competitive in them, but I mean it's the 5s so placing isnt for anything.

All my riding lately has been trainer and group rides.

Did you race? cats hill? I saw a bunch of people on strava were doing that one. I think tobin from Santa cruz won the p/1/2 race. That dude is a beast.

I did Golden State Crit on Saturday. Going in to final lap got caught up in a pile up. Managed to squeeze by bikes on left and right flying and bouncing of my wheel, but pack was way a head. By the time I caught them with half a lap to go I was spent, so rolled in 16th or so.

Did Salinas, and after 30 minutes in two men breakaway we were caught. Didn't have much left in the tank. So NFL in a 10 people race. The CAT5 had like 4 people.

I did Golden State Crit on Saturday. Going in to final lap got caught up in a pile up. Managed to squeeze by bikes on left and right flying and bouncing of my wheel, but pack was way a head. By the time I caught them with half a lap to go I was spent, so rolled in 16th or so.

Did Salinas, and after 30 minutes in two men breakaway we were caught. Didn't have much left in the tank. So NFL in a 10 people race. The CAT5 had like 4 people.

That sucks on both counts but at least you didn't crash. Good on you for staying in a very small break that long though!

Should have done the cat5 race then I guess. I could have made it 5 and guaranteed at least 5th. ;)

I honestly know nothing about tubular. What's the deal? All the Google results come up with instructions on how to, nothing on why.

Best I came up with was a triathlon article on why you shouldn't do it. But that is for long course and ultra distance triathlon.

Originally it was weight, but now the difference is negligible. One advantage is that if you flat you can still ride on tubulars, slowly, but you can. Also in case it flattens during a turn it doesn't necessary mean you going to get down. It's slightly easier to control.

new cap comes tomorrow. yay for no more helmet hair!

cadence-subtle-cycling-cap-and-accent-socks1-large.jpg

Back