• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

da fuk?

I thought I left mine too long. :laughing
Also all the kool kids run red. :x

Without knowing resistance on those rollers impossible to tell. That work out is less about watts and more about building speed in to the legs, and practicing high cadence while being smooth.

da fuk?

I thought I left mine too long. :laughing
Also all the kool kids run red.

Those cleats only had like 500 miles on them actually, cripes they shoulda lasted longer than that. But I killed them dead by walking around a lot, and the final nail was teaching a girl who was using cleats for the first time...I spent like 10 minutes running along behind her on the pavement -- in my cleats -- holding her up so she wouldn't fall over. She kept trying to lift straight up instead of moving her heels sideways, took awhile to get the reflex down, after that she had it figured out.

Red has no float. :x

Those cleats only had like 500 miles on them actually, cripes they shoulda lasted longer than that. But I killed them dead by walking around a lot, and the final nail was teaching a girl who was using cleats for the first time...I spent like 10 minutes running along behind her on the pavement -- in my cleats -- holding her up so she wouldn't fall over. She kept trying to lift straight up instead of moving her heels sideways, took awhile to get the reflex down, after that she had it figured out.

That would do it. :laughing So is she...? :laughing

Red has no float. :x

Yeah, that is the best part! I should have gone to no float a while back. Pedaling technique improved, sprint improved.

Ever try Speedplay? Adjustable float and hold up to walking better than regular Shimano style. Also there's no upside down for the pedal so a little less to fuss with when clipping in on a hill but grit could make them more difficult to clip m
I tried them for a while but didn't like the fact that the pedals needed greasing every now and again.

You know, after 90 thousand miles and multiple fittings on multiple bikes I think I know when I am doing something wrong. :)

:laughing Touche.

So when you are 50, are you going for titanium or aluminum knees? :p

Steel, because steel is real. :x

It's not my knees that hurt tho, strained the heck out of my lower back while climbing a slippery dusty mountain on my mt bike earlier this year. You ever strain your back like that when riding? Aieeee.

It's not my knees that hurt tho, strained the heck out of my lower back while climbing a slippery dusty mountain on my mt bike earlier this year. You ever strain your back like that when riding? Aieeee.

Not as such, but I do have lower back issues. When I do a lot of climbing on road bike it flares up. I need to stop being a lazy fuck and do some mother fucking core exercises! yo! :laughing

Not as such, but I do have lower back issues. When I do a lot of climbing on road bike it flares up. I need to stop being a lazy fuck and do some mother fucking core exercises! yo! :laughing

That's what I'm trying to correct as well, my core is not strong enough. It's stronger than in the past, but still, not strong enough.

Back