• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Do You Road Bike?

How did you carry your roadbike while sitting on the MTB's handlebars? :p

I haz skillz. :x

On a more serious note, guy had a car with bike rack.

Clearly I was not taught as a kid not to get in to a car with strangers. :laughing

P.S. Your avatar is disturbing...

I haz skillz. :x

On a more serious note, guy had a car with bike rack.

Clearly I was not taught as a kid not to get in to a car with strangers. :laughing

P.S. Your avatar is disturbing...

Ah, well that was nice of him, good karma.

The avatar is from the baddass TV show "The Strain" so good. And disturbing...

Finally broke down and created a strava profile. Friend kept bugging me about it. It helped that with new SRM software it can upload stuff automatically. It makes her happy, and I don't have to do anything!

Looks like my monthly millage dropped from ~700 to ~300. heh. I need to stop screwing around and start training again. Otherwise next season is going to hurt like a mofo.

i got strava recently too just to help me track mileage...didn't realize it compares you to other users who ride similar trails/routes...

Good thing I don't have GPS.

Yeah it's kind of retarded. Specially their down hill competition.

this opportunity is a fail for me on many levels....

tho' some of youse here might well qualify for & enjoy it
[once the adrenaline wears off after the bank robbery req'd to finance it]:

http://trainright.com/bucketlist/amgen-tour-of-california-race-experience/
I would have to sell all my bikes just for the deposit!

Nope

Today was interesting. I get in to the mountains and it's pouring rain. On way down to Alice I realize my front brake barely functioning in the rain.

That's why I put discs on my commuter. But now that my commute is so short, I might convert it to full on CX style with side pulls. I'm thinking about building a rigid XC bike and the discs will go on there.

Interesting, and does not apply to me at all! :D
Finally broke down and created a strava profile. Friend kept bugging me about it. It helped that with new SRM software it can upload stuff automatically. It makes her happy, and I don't have to do anything!

Looks like my monthly millage dropped from ~700 to ~300. heh. I need to stop screwing around and start training again. Otherwise next season is going to hurt like a mofo.

I like to use it to push myself, and sometimes to gauge my level. But I also use it to track mileage on components.

Link to your profile?

looking to upgrade the cantilever brake setup on my cx bike, it's primarily used for light trails and pavement. I was wondering if their is something under the $80 range that i should look at. I just want to be able to fit 32-35 tires when i switch wheelsets.

New to the forums but right before getting my moto, I was deep into bikes. I've downgraded to mostly commuting and putting around but still have 5 bikes in my stable and rarely take the roadie('s) out. Really should though.

random net foto, no details:

Attachments

• SEMA2015bike.jpg
    SEMA2015bike.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 51
Ex roadie here. Bicycled from Portland Oregon -to- Guatemala and back, 45 years ago, ... Then around the South Island of New Zealand, 42 years ago.

Back